Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
anyone else currently have 3 under age 4?

if you have 3 under age 4...how are things going? how do you stay organized and not lose your patience? are any of yours in school and for how many hours?

mine are 3.5 yrs, 2 years and 8 months. this morning i felt like i was running a daycare- the baby was crying, my other two had taken all the cushions off the couches, and i was trying to put an insane amount of dishes in the dishwasher. it is so chaotic here sometimes. and of course it's also that time of the month and i keep losing my patience. i know i should take them out somewhere, but i have a ton of housework to do.

help mamas

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: anyone else currently have 3 under age 4?

Mine are 4, 2.5 and 4 months. It is always crazy here. My two oldest go to a church preschool 2 days a week for 5 hours. I helps me stay sane..lol..
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh hugs to you mama

Mine are 6,4 and 2 now, but they were 4,2,and newborn not long ago. It will get better. I repeated the mantra "This too shall pass" over and over and over and.......

Don't worry about things that you don't have to do, Prioritize, and just do what you absolutely have to do. Don't worry about the rest of it.

And get someone to watch them occasionally so you can have a break. Even if it's only for an hour or so.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I have 4 kids ages 4.5 and under here [ 4.5, 3.5, 2, and 1 ] and a 5th arriving in 26 days . I don't really have any advise, we just take things one day at a time. I hope the rest of your day feels less chaotic .

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

**HUGS** I feel the same way most days! Mine are 7, 4, 2, and 9 months. I'm learning to live with a pile of clean, unfolded laundry on my couch and dishes always in my sink. We homeschool, and do approximately 3-4 hours a day. There's no way possible to do it all. So I have to pick and choose, and learn to deal with the rest for now. I'm also trying to motivate my 7 and 4 yo to start helping with some simple chores. They do try, but they are still learning, so it's taking some time. GL! I too remind myself many times a day that this phase will only last for a little while (hopefully)
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry your having a stressful time, I feel the same way lately.

I only have 1 of my own, BUT I do babysit (daycare), so I have 3 under 18 months...18mo, 13 mo, and 8 mo. for 50-55 hours a week. This week and last week were the most trying I have had thus far in our journey.

I try not to lost control, but I tell you, I honestly had one "breakdown" the other day where I went out to the car to load it and screamed a good long scream away from the children, which helped for a minute lol.
I can only say, take it one day, one hour, or one minute at a time. Breathe, count, do some stretches...sometimes, if you can't beat em, join em! I have "gone crazy" with them, and they think it's funny, but it helps me get out some frustration without them knowing how stressed I am.
Hang in there mama!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You sound just like me...I have a 3.5, 2.5 and an 8 month old. There are times when it is absolutely crazy around here, but I just stick to a very strict schedule and all of them still nap 2+ hours so that I can get things done. I am VERY organized and pick up throughout the day so that I don't get behind. I wash laundry EVERY day w/o exception and try to do one major project a day like cleaning a closet. I try to make easy meals most nights (the crock pot is my best friend and we get out of the house every evening at that crazy time to let them burn off energy. Also, I work out every morning before they all wake up...it does wonder to clear your mind!

Last edited by katengrace; 09-10-2009 at 01:00 PM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

not yet but i will next year when lil miss joins us .. i will have a 4 yr old , 2yr old and a newbie great thread !
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have twin 3.5 yo (will be 4 in oct) and a 9 mo (tomorrow!). and yea, it gets crazy around here. the twins live in their own world most of the time . im trying to get organized (so far, its only a dream, haven't figured it out yet). sorry i can't help, but know you are not alone!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a 3yo, 2yo and 7mo old. I am soo there. I have at least one point in the day where everyone melts down at once. It's then when I say ok definately NAP TIME! Thankfully my older ones still nap (althought not today ) Ds (7mo) usually wants to be held for his naps or they end up being like 10 minutes long Housework usually falls to the wayside...oh well, that's what weekends are for. Going outside is helpful. I also notice that if I don't get some break during the week (my mom sometimes takes one of my girls overnight) you can really start to tell. My patience wears thin. The girls are ALWAYS getting into something, and we are pl...both of them.
I love snacks, when they start getting cranky..."who wants some strawberries?" Yah... That works sometimes lol.
Ans as much as I hate plopping a kid in front of the tv...sometimes I just need to. Dinner isn't getting cooked or something..."here watch some Veggie Tales."
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote