Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Comming Home Outfits.

I have NO IDEA what the babe will wear to come home in... I have 2 sets in the works right now so possibly one of those!

Advertisement

Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

those are beautiful, ladies!!!! I just received a gorgeous outfit from a friend that is size 0-3m, so now I am PRAYING for a large baby so he can wear that home lol But since DS1 wore a preemie outfit home, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
lotemp
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can I ask where you got the first one? It is soooo cute! Thanks, Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Fan, that is so cute!!
This isn't her coming home outfit because we having a homebirth but this is going to be her first outfit. It's cashmere

lotemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

i really never knew about having a special coming home outfit. my mother in law talks about it all the time and has been looking for something. i just figured something snuggly like pajamas and then a nice warm blanket but i guess i am totally off base.

is a frilly dress uncomforable for a new born though? that is what my MIL wants to get.
umphreysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
jen_mahar
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
i really never knew about having a special coming home outfit. my mother in law talks about it all the time and has been looking for something. i just figured something snuggly like pajamas and then a nice warm blanket but i guess i am totally off base.

is a frilly dress uncomforable for a new born though? that is what my MIL wants to get.
I live on the south shore...my first two were born in February and March and I would have never ever brought them home in a dress. Several reasons.

You need to bring 2 outfits...I learned why with my son who pooped through his diaper and up his back 10 min. before we headed home. REALLY!!!

You need something warm. Massachusetts is cold and a dress will be a bit drafty and possibly hard to manuver in the the carseat with such a little one.
Dont forget a hat!!

Also, tights, bloomers, dress, hat cartigan etc....WAY TOO MUCH WORK!!! And a major pain with NB diaper blowouts.

I totaly recomend a onepiece sleeper type outfit with feet.
there are some supper girly and very frilly ones out there, but this will make diaper changes and that fist ride home so much more easy and comportable for both of you.(also, if you are nursing...lace can be so scratchy)

For this one...a girl, who is scheduled for the 21st of december and comming home christmas day I am holding off a little and waiting to buy something plush and holiday like. Like veluer....And as for church. I didn't start doing dresses until my 4 yearold was almost 2m.
Put it on for a special picture, but you might not want the hassle that first day.

You should drive down to corkies in Fall River when they have the fall factorie sale...they have the best carseat covers that are just like the fun plush coats they make for toddlers and older children. And they are SOOOO girlie and wash up great.

I am going there and getting one when I get my daughter her new coat...
jen_mahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_mahar View Post
I live on the south shore...my first two were born in February and March and I would have never ever brought them home in a dress. Several reasons.

You need to bring 2 outfits...I learned why with my son who pooped through his diaper and up his back 10 min. before we headed home. REALLY!!!

You need something warm. Massachusetts is cold and a dress will be a bit drafty and possibly hard to manuver in the the carseat with such a little one.
Dont forget a hat!!

Also, tights, bloomers, dress, hat cartigan etc....WAY TOO MUCH WORK!!! And a major pain with NB diaper blowouts.

I totaly recomend a onepiece sleeper type outfit with feet.
there are some supper girly and very frilly ones out there, but this will make diaper changes and that fist ride home so much more easy and comportable for both of you.(also, if you are nursing...lace can be so scratchy)

For this one...a girl, who is scheduled for the 21st of december and comming home christmas day I am holding off a little and waiting to buy something plush and holiday like. Like veluer....And as for church. I didn't start doing dresses until my 4 yearold was almost 2m.
Put it on for a special picture, but you might not want the hassle that first day.

You should drive down to corkies in Fall River when they have the fall factorie sale...they have the best carseat covers that are just like the fun plush coats they make for toddlers and older children. And they are SOOOO girlie and wash up great.

I am going there and getting one when I get my daughter her new coat...

awesome thanks! that is kind of what i was thinking (first baby!) but now how do i tell my mother in law that?? she has been searching for this coming home outfit since i told her i was pregnant!

where are you in the south shore? i am in quincy now but probably living in marshfield by the time the baby is born.
umphreysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #17
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

umpry and jen> where in south shore are u? my inlaws live down there and we visit from time to time.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are mine.
Potential Coming Home outfits

I'm leaning more toward the bottom two sleepers and matching hat, but a different blanket. They are size preemie. It's been my experience that newborns are so tiny that sometimes they need the preemie size. I have no clue about this baby's potential size so if she's over 8lbs I'll go with a nb sized outfit instead. I'm taking 3-4 outfits, side snap long sleeve tee as an undershirt plus a bunting and a couple of blankets (yes i'm an over-packer). one outfit will be gender neutral ,just in case they were wrong about gender. It gets really hot during the afternoon here in Nov, but can be freezing in the morning so I'm taking the bunting in case it's still cold when we leave the hospital.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #19
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotemp View Post
Can I ask where you got the first one? It is soooo cute! Thanks, Lori
PlumKnits. Her store is on Hyenacart and Etsy.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fan- awesome job! I love that it's blue...
I have no coming home outfit for baby, as we'll already be home LOL but I just usually wrap up baby in a blanket for awhile, and eventually put on a diaper
With all the stuff I am knitting up it is going to be hard to pick what will be first.

I think I am either going to put the baby in longies I'm going to knit in a "goldfish" colorway- the yarn is currently being dyed for me and shipped from canada, so that's going to be a few more weeks.
OR
I have some beautiful blues/greens malabrigo yarn I am going to knit up longies and work a colorshart to put a sheep on the butt! I am debating doing these longies with footies on the bottom, so they won't be a wide leg, but more fitted. I don't know...but will post pics once they're created!

I have 17 things remaining in queue that I would like to get knitted up before mid-december...not only for baby, but I want to clear my ideas out of my head so I can baby-moon with no knitting for a couple weeks LOL