Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy
Re: Tell me about train tables

you could always make your own with a cheap kids table and some paint or one of those play rugs cut down to size and glued on

__________________ (my bargain hunter blog)
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
Registered Users

Thanks Mamas. I would def. glue or tack the track down because I have enough stuff to trip on already

There is one on craigslist this morning with storage, tracks, and 10 different Thomas engines for 120 bucks....
SAHM to my boys, R. (06-13-06), L. (04-06-08) and new baby L. (01-23-10)
*Aimee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didn't read the comments but DS is getting one for christmas this year (we were lucky enough to get one for free!) I was looking at the KidKraft one from walmart.
DH thought the same thing about not playing with it for very long, but it can be more than just a train table. Stick a chair by it and make it an art table...playdough, paint, color, whatever. And got duplo or mega blocks? Would work great for a lego table. IF he gets tired of the trains there are more uses for the table!
I can't wait for DS to get his. He LOVES trains and I had to basically drag him away from the bookstore the other day because they had a train table in the kids section. LOL
Amanda: mommy to DDs Alyssa and Trinity (ADHD) and DS Joseph "LJ" (aspergers, ADHD) and my fur baby Bella Rae Wife to Joe
AVDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
Registered Users

My DS loves his train table, although it's not necessarily just a "train" table. It's a wooden table with the top painted green and blue. He does play with his trains on it, but he also uses it as a table top for anything that he happens to be playing with. Multiple uses!

If you decide to attach the tracks in some way, I would try and do it in a nonpermanent way. The table can be used for so many things!
Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote