Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Red face anybody want to talk about my dd's poop?

dd was ebf until 6 months and she's had an on again off again relationship with food since we started, but ever since she started eating anything her poop has been hard balls, dark green/black, and SMELLY she's eaten pretty much everything and it never changes...fruits, veggies, crackers, pasta, bread, etc, etc just no meat yet. she got a yucky yeast rash so i started giving her yogurt (the yobaby kind if it matters) and ever since then her poops have been a lot more like ebf poop, but peanut buttery (sorry, i know it's gross ) and they don't stink any more. today she actually had a blowout (in a disposable because of the clotrimazole) but it's the first time in months that she's pooped that much. so what i'm wondering is this new found bowel freedom a good thing or should i cut back on the yogurt? she's only eating a couple tablespoons worth for breakfast every day. i know the hard poos weren't good and i'm going to talk to our ped about it at her checkup next week, but that's more than a whole week away so i was wondering what you mamas thought.

kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy
Re: anybody want to talk about my dd's poop?

try to get more fiber in her diet some how to help with the hardness. you can add things like ground flax seeds or wheat bran to her food. my DS went through the same issues when food was first introduced but the fiber helped.
__________________ (my bargain hunter blog)
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote