Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Is it possible to restart?

I was pumping exclusively for a few weeks until she wasn't gaining and had to supplement with formula. I kinda slipped into not pumping as much- and now my supply is horribly low. Is there any way to get it back at this point?

J + L = M

jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: Sky,Air&Oce'sMommy
My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to restart?

Just keep pumping! The more you pump the more you should produce! Least that is what I have been told! I know when DD2 hardly eats for a few days my supply goes down and then she gets her appetite back she gets real fussy and whiny cause my supply is low but I just let her latch on constantly and the next day or so my supply is back up!
Magdalena. Devoted wife to the man that makes me laugh everyday
SAHM to my
Sky, Air Ocean and Rain
the4littlepigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
My Mood:

You might try Fenugreek and other herbs.
I also think there is a lot of information about taking a prescription medicine like domperidone on the main site. Some people order it without a prescription. I think there is a website listed in the threads on the main breastfeeding support forum.
Motherlove sells non prescriptions stuff to help increase / restart. They recommend goat's rue.

Edit: I forgot to mention drink lots of water and try to eat oatmeal at least once a day.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

The LC I talked to yesterday also told me about power pumping. It is basically every time you go by your pump, you use it, for about 5-10 minutes. She gave me a paper about it, you can pump up to every 45 minutes to increase your supply. Its a lot of work, but it is supposed to help. Good luck mama.
wife to Chad, mama to DS 94 , DS 01 , DD 03 ,and DD 09! Sign up and earn cash back on every purchase. I've received over $150!
CrazedChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

When this happened to me, I took Fenugreek Seeds and they did help. Juices and liquid intake should be maximize as well and keep pumping. Best of luck!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Im trying to up my supply slightly as well... Im sustaining my EBF 11 month old and trying to pump some for her to be from me for a day. I made iced tea the Mothers milk tea and some black tea bags and have been sipping on it often.
You can also take brewers yeast tablets to help increase your supply. Maybe make some oatmeal cookies??? (Im not a huge fan of it just in a bowl...)
It can be done, itl just take some work. Good luck!
kelleysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote