Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Quiverful Mamas??

Anymama here who is Quiverful minded? Would like to find others who are Quiverful (or trying) for support...My husband agrees that God should be in control of how many children we have, but he doesn't want to give the control up yet The money is an issue, but I am desperately trying and praying to get the debt down so that we can have more children! Would love to know how you mamas do it in this horrible economy!

Advertisement

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quiverful Mamas??

never heard of quiverful, but i'm christian and beginning to change my family planning ideas to ntnp and ttc only for lots of reasons. anyway, for us, money is temporary, kids are the future and we'll get by with what comes our way. i'm not saying to be irresponsible or naive with money management, but if we solely made family planning decisions on money, not sure if we'd ever have them... when does one have 'enough'? ya know?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am quiverfull minded, but hubby is on the fence, and our financial situation makes him very reluctant to agree to let God take the reins. I think it would be great to have something like a support group for those of us who want to be quiverfull, but have spouses holding us back...
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Prima Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: danzersrule82
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't exactly say I'm "quiverfull" but DH and I have decided that God should be in ALL aspects of our lives. It takes 3 to make a baby-you, your dh, and God. It is SO hard to give it up to the Lord, but so stress relieving as well when you know you are doing the right thing. I think money is one of the biggest factors, but God will provide right? My DH has a very good stable job, but we have aquired some debt over the years that we are trying to get rid of...I am trying to be as frugal with our finances as possible but it is so hard sometimes. I hope whatever decision you and your spouse come to, it is made together and you are both happy with it!
Prima Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH and I waited until we felt like we were supposed to start TTC. We've been very prayerful about it and we have faith that it will happen when God wants it to. We definitely aren't in the greatest financial situation, but I think that if we all waited until we were "financially stable" we'd never have kids, kwim?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
Currer Bell
Registered Users
Formerly: ma**ie

I have been having convictions about this for a while, but DH isn't really on the same page. It started for me because I was on the pill for 3 years and then we started trying for our first. And I was getting angry at God every month I wasn't pregnant! I just realized that it was kind of selfish of me to suppress my fertility for 3 years and then demand a pregnancy from God. I wouldn't say I'm quiverful but I do just want to not try/not prevent indefinitely. For me, "trying" (obsessing, stressing etc) was just as bad as being on birth control. So this is our first month of not trying and it has been great! We are getting along a lot better and I am stressing A LOT less!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're not hard-line "quiverful" but we do allow God to plan our family size and we constantly pray about what his will is for our family, including family size. We don't pretend to be in control of how many children we have because ultimately, that is up to the Lord, no matter what we do. But that doesn't mean we don't use a Fertility Awareness Method when we feel it is appropriate (that falls under the praying about it part, kwim?)

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa

Last edited by MommyScott; 09-21-2009 at 06:48 AM.
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 AM   #8
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

I like to *think* that we are quiverful, but DH says no that we are not lol! We had a tubal reversal in Dec of 07 and from that point on have not used any form of birth control and simply pray for God's will to be done! DH and I are very open to MANY more babies, but the reason DH says we are not is because we have both agreed that if there is a medical problem and they say that having another baby would present a risk for me, then we will use natural ways to prevent or he would get 'broken' as we like to call it.

It is hard financially, but for us it is because we were stupid with the money God gave us. So we are working on that. I will say for us, DH has a VERY stable job (Army) with stable pay, so for us it is more about dealing with the debt we put ourselves in, and his deployments. God has been SO very good to us though! We became pregnant 6 weeks after our reversal and he was born 3 days before his daddy was to deploy! We are currently preggers with our 2nd reversal baby and daddy *should* be here for his birth too!!!

It is wonderful to see so many that are *like minded* in this area!!! I would love to get to know you all!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
Mama2KitandMara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't go by the "quiverful" label because we don't believe in all of those teachings. But, we are allowing God to decide our family size
Old 09-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey Mamas!! I was afraid that there wouldn't be anyone interested in this thread, I am so glad I was wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2KitandMara View Post
We don't go by the "quiverful" label because we don't believe in all of those teachings. But, we are allowing God to decide our family size
I, too, agree that the "label" has gotten a bad flack, but I couldn't think of any other way to word it...It just seems that if you want more than the American 2.5, then you are labeled Quiverful anyway, you know?

I wish too there was some way we could have a thread on here all the time, so that we could support one another....I have no problems having more children, but my husband is very doubtful that we can "afford" it....He would let me have a houseful if I could just prove to him that we can actually afford it and live within our means...I know this is where God is going to have to intervene and change things...
I have to trust that God will do this, because I am under the headship of my husband and until he is on board, I just have to be patient...which is HARD!! I am addicted to babies!

Sorry this is so long winded, but I am just excited that there are other mamas out here who are wanting to be blessed with as many children as God will give...

SO, I ask this question...those mamas that are leaving it to God, how did you convince your spouse? Or did he convince you? and how do you make it on one salary in this horrible economy??

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote