Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
sweetpeaboutique
Registered Users
seller

Re: Quiverful Mamas??

i just wanted to say i this thread!!

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
what a beautiful story thanks for sharing

and to your ETA at the end, that's why we've chosen not to label ourselves as a family "quiverful" because the "true" quiverful philosophy is very black and white about fertility treatments and "trying" to get pregnant, when the truth of the matter is in each human being's heart and between themselves and God. There are no hard "laws" in the bible about fertility other than this:

Life is precious

Children are a blessing

We need to follow God's leading in every area of our lives, fertility included, and trust him whatever he tells us to do, whether that's birth control, natural family planning, IVF or doing nothing at all to try or prevent. As long as our methods treat life as precious and not something to be cast away, then there is no sin in it.
Thanks and very well said and exactly how I feel!

Also, OT, we live in NoVA too. Well sort of. Stafford Co. I grew up in Fairfax County. So, I don't really consider Stafford to be NoVA, but most around here do.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #23
Prima Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: danzersrule82
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I am amazed that this thread has already gotten to 3 pages! I am glad to see that there are many other women on this board who are "like-minded" to some extent or another about this topic. I live in a very small community where roughly 98% of the population is hispanic and I am white, and only know one family that goes to our church that have the same values/morals/ideals that we do. It's very exciting and uplifting to know that there are other "normal" people out there like me!!!

Erica

Last edited by Prima Knits; 09-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Prima Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #24
Mama2KitandMara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
As a Pastors Family the Husband and I feel its wrong to tell the congregation to trust in the Lord and then decide what *we* will trust him with you know?

This is how we feel as well. We always knew we would like to have a lot of kids, but DH wasn't really serious about it until he became a pastor a few months ago. I brought up the topic of the Quiverful movement and we started doing some research and talking about it. We decided that we couldn't really call ourselves QF, because the Bible isn't really black and white on the subject, we did decide that we needed to be trusting God in ALL areas of our lives...which included our fertility. So, I guess I didn't really need to convince DH...
Old 09-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #25
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Thanks and very well said and exactly how I feel!

Also, OT, we live in NoVA too. Well sort of. Stafford Co. I grew up in Fairfax County. So, I don't really consider Stafford to be NoVA, but most around here do.

lol Stafford Co doesn't seem very NoVA but that's cool! We're in Eastern Loudoun County and I've lived here or Fairfax County my whole life. I'm hoping to break free eventually

ok thread hijack over with

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
daisyprincess98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are qf, but not in the "traditional sense" of the word. We are letting God determine our family size. Our def. of QF is having as many children as we feel called to, and right now that number is 5. It may change, we'll see. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
daisyprincess98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #27
BeccaD777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't call ourselves quiverfull. We are NTNP. I also feel that I need to trust God with the size of our family. If God chooses to bless us with more children, that is great! If not, then I have to be OK with that as well. Great thread!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #28
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ahh a breath of fresh air!

I second that babies are a gift from God above, whether it be adoption, IVF, or however.

Congrats on your second set of twins Heather! I have been praying for a set of twins since I was a very little girl. None as of yet. Still waiting!

I also agree that it is not about the # of children! I know of some that *think* that is what it is about...as long as God is in control and our faith is in Him and we are living the lives He calls us to live in His word..leaving all things in His hands...that's being QF in my opinion!! Course, as I said in my post before, DH has most definitely said if there is a medical problem that risks my life to be pregnant again, he will not allow another pregnancy. I have been in prayer about that, and have simply asked the Lord to make it so that we don't have to worry about second guessing.

As for getting DH on board with having many children, well once we had my tubes tied (pregnant with #4, non believers, and pressured from family) we immediately felt remorse. It was about a year later that we became believers and about 3 1/2 yrs later that DH said yep let's reverse what we did and let God be in control. This though is a daily battle for DH. He wants God to be in control..but he worries about finances. We homeschool and therefore he is our only source of income. He wants us to have nice things and even though he knows we don't mind going with out, he feels he is letting the kids and I down. But, he daily gives it over to God and we go day to day!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
Currer Bell
Registered Users
Formerly: ma**ie

I think that is how most DH's are... We think about adding to the family, and they think about subtracting from the bank account I think my DH just wants to make sure that he can provide for however large of a family we have.
I also don't really call my convictions "quiverful" either... to me that term has a somewhat negative connotation in today's world. I think other people see it as a militant kind of term and are turned off by it.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #30
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currer Bell View Post
I also don't really call my convictions "quiverful" either... to me that term has a somewhat negative connotation in today's world. I think other people see it as a militant kind of term and are turned off by it.

Maybe we all need to get together and think of another name for it.....like "Willing Wombs" or something....any ideas, ya'll???

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote