Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Abdominal Pain in Children

So last Thursday Aiden was up all night vomiting and saying that his stomach hurt really bad. He couldn't sleep very much at all. At 7am Friday I took him to Express Care in the Festival. They checked him over - no fever, no unusual or excessive bowel sounds and everything looked good. They even did an abdominal xray and found nothing. They said that it was just a virus and to let it pass. We came home he threw up like one more time and then slept most of the day and was fine Saturday and played in his soccer game and everything. He was fine the rest of the week no complaints of stomach pain or anything.

Fast forward to last night - the exact same thing happened. He started complaining of stomach pain around 7:30ish. At around 8:30 he pooped and I thought maybe that was what the problem was. Not the case. Around 10 he started throwing up. He was up at least once every hour again throwing up and crying that his stomach hurt. Something has to be causing this but I can't see a connection between anything he did or ate last Thursday and yesterday. Im going to take him to his normal doctor when they open and hopefully I can get a morning apt and have him checked out. Anyone have any idea what can cause this? Im really worried about him now

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Abdominal Pain in Children

have you ever heard of stomach migraines? http://www.headache-adviser.com/stomach-migraines.html We had a cousin who's daughter was like your son. She would complain of a stomch ache and vomit for a couple days, and then suddenly be fine again. She was finally diagnosed with stomach migraines and they have her on some kind of medicaiton to help. Stress makes them worse and more frequent for her, so they also try to help her if she seems to be anxious about anything.
I don't know all the specifics of your son, but I would google stomach migraines and see if the symptoms match up and if they do then I would go talk to your doc about it. Sorry he's dealing with this. It sounds so awful.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Abdominal Pain in Children

Have you carefully documented his diet (including beverages) for the past couple of days. A friend's ds reacted that way to soy in his diet. Might be a good place to start...seeing if he ate the same thing (probably something new or very infrequent) both days.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote