Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #11
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OT:The Flood Pics

aww fan hugs

Advertisement

bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are still stuck day number 2! Ariana I would love a heatwave. it is usually drought here. Its funny because we can see all the ppl from other neighborhoods. Walking the tracks I hope they don't start train service yet.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow Fan, that's crazy!! Stay safe!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been on here since this all started, but hasn't this flood been crazy??? For those who don't know I live in the same area as Fanatic so we've got it to, but thankfully neither DH or I have gotten stuck or flooded. Thank God for the sun yesterday and today--it seems like things (at least around me) are starting to dry out. I'm sad for all the damage done in the area though. Fan, did you see pics of the school that is underwater?? Crazy!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Melanie. I seen 4ix flags got it the worst. We drove around the other day. Connemara its a subdivision their pool. Is mud! The tennis court fences were ripped down. The lady who got killed in her van happened not to far from me. 29 was completely closed due to a huge crack in the road. And siz flags looks like an outfoor mud park! And there is an awful stench even when you walk out of the front door of my house from the creek. It is absolutely amazing what happened I have never seen so much rain. I couldn't go to my gd class because were couldn't get out of the neighborhood even if we did what car are we going to go in. We have no clue about the van if it will be fixed or not. It had an awful smell when I went to get the things out of it. And now its raining dh called to see if everything was ok. Its amazing mel it really is. That even here it can be raining cvats and dogs and dh is up in atl and its dry as all get out! I don't know really how bad it was but I'm thankful dh got out of the van. That poor lady was swept away van and all.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #16
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It rained crazy here last night too, and started flooding outside our front door. Its crazy because it didn't flood at ALL during last week's rainstorms--we have a ditch in the yard that carried all the water away, but this time the ditch just filled right up and spilled over onto our front walk. I guess there was nowhere left for the water to drain to. All the ground is still so saturated. Anyway thank God the rain stopped when it did and the water receded. If it had rained any longer it would have come in our apartment.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #17
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Great time to get renters insurance. I was reading ajc and they said most ppl didn't have flood insurance. We have a little ditch in the back yard and it gets a good little stream going and I was thinking to myself wow where is all this water going. I remembered the creek and the next morning which was monday there was the flood !
Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We actually just purchased renters insurance last week . what timing! at least we didn't have to use it.