Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Weekend Daffodil Chat

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekend Daffodil Chat

Ok so I have a dilemma with my oldest ds. He will be 16. I can't stand one of his friends. His friend is 17 he skips school, he smokes, and he is still in the 9th grade. The parents don't care either. Well this friend is the reason ds wouldn't move here. Because he thinks his friend is the end of the world.well last night ds tells me that his friend got jumped. Going across the street smoking. My son thank god doesn't do any of those things. Me and his dad are on the same page pretty much about everything.well the kid got jumped by a little group of kids the hit him with a bat in the back of the leg, and they pulled a knife. And cut his friend. They tried to stab him I guess he moved and it tore his shirt and cut his pec a little. My son said security came and the kids ran along with his friend. The reason his friend ran because no insurance. And that his friend didn't know the kids. My son said that the kids who jumped his friend were high school drop outs. Ok I find this story hard to believe 1 that high school drop outs would waste their hanging around school to beat some kid they don't know up. Also I don't believe that his friend didn't know the kids. His friend is very ghetto! Well I told my son your not allowed to go anywhere by yourself with this friend. Your not allowed to walk to school etc etc. He told me I was being paranoid. But he didn't tell his dad. I told him he has to tell his dad. I don't want anything to happen to my son. I don't want my son in thr ground. My son is pretty much straight a and b student never skips school etc. I know the kids who are really good and just have idiots for friends always get something to happen to them. Well he has unti tonight to tell his dad. Or else I'm having my dad call his father and say he overheard. Me and dh talking about it,I don't want to betray his trust but at the same time this is very serious. Wwyd? I thought to call his dad myself but then. He will not forgive me. So that's why I thought my dad because if he asked if I tolkd his dad when I say no I won't be lieing. I want to bring him here I told him that. I won't let something happen to him because this stupid friend of his.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mornign ladies

fan> im sry to hear whats going on with your son. Why wouldnt he tell his dad about it? I think I would def. have my dad say something. I try to take all precautions into play when it comes to my kids. Thank god we havnt gotten to that point yet. hugsss. i hope it works out for you

sooo today is cleaning day. plus i have the daycare kids today. anddd i have a wicked headache. just got it last night right before bed. ggg. started on my longies with a skirt. So jas s is going to be a little pair of flares with a skirt but i was thinking of making katherines the pants w/ footies. Does anyone know of a pattern I could find to make them? Im doing Jas s first so I have alitte bit of time but...
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies,

I'm sitting at the lab doing my one hour test. The orange drink stuff wasn't that bad but now I'm not feeling well. Yuck. At least I have some time to catch up with everyone while I wait!

Fan: Oh, no. That's terrible. I would have to draw the line and end that friendship. The best people can get dragged into bad situations and it seems like bad situations just follow your son's friend. I'm glad that your son is ok.

We have a ton of stuff to do this weekend. We were supposed to have our basement stonework finished last week but the mason just up and disappeared on us - again. He did this the first time. Grrr. He just emailed late last night claiming family emergency across the country and he can come today to finish the job. He does great work, just not very reliable and has really bad excuses! Can't beat his price though, I guess that's why we've put up with it.

When the stonework is finished we can get the carpet in and go pick up our new furniture. We're going to the lumber mill today to get the trim for everything and some other odds and ends that we need. I can't wait until it's all together so we can finally start on the nursery!

I have everything collected for it but it's all cluttering up the guest room. It should take us about a weekend to put it all together.

This little girl has been really active, always up and kicking around. She's definitely head down now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks ladies for your advice. He found out about that looser friend of his yesterday it happened on thursday. My son was at school. And in class when it happened I guess. I was really upset last night and worried out of my mind. And of course he says I'm paranoid nothing is going to happen. Well something did happen and he was lucky he wasn't with him. I think if someone did something to my kids. it would be on. Too many kids run their own lives nowadays. And its just ridiculous that parents let their kids do this stuff.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Fan-I so know what you mean about some of those kids that are just bad news! My sister has a few of those, but she doesn't seem to hang with them much. I wouldn't know what to do in your situation!

Sandi-Good Luck on your test! I've never had any issues with the test drink....I actually like it!...Hope you get your basement finished soon!

Bry-Good Luck on your projects!

I'm super tired today. Armando came over lastnight and we didn't even talk. He asked me about the playpen I bought, then asked me why did I tell him all the wool was being knitted in October, and I said it's going to cost to get it knitted, and he thought paying for the wool included the knitting. He is such a cheapo! He get over a $1000 a week, has car insurance and a cell phone bill. Doens't pay rent or utilities!....Why can't he just pay and shutup???
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ariana LOOOOL I remember when dh was working and me too we were making mad cash. Dh never complained. Last night he said because we got the car fixed and the renters insurance ( which my dad is paying the renters insurance) that we need to cut expenses! Because our total bills are close to 700.00 that's. Full coverage on 2 vehicles,electric, gas, water, cell phone, house phone, and trash removal I don't think its that expensive. He needs to tell his mother to budget. I'm so sick of the crap they do. Now his sister eloped at the beginning of summer. Now her and her husband are expecting us to give them 10,000 usd to make a party for their wedding. Plus buy them new furniture to go to his parents house. Yet they are going to live in qatar. My husband said he is going to talk to them. Because we don't have it and we aren't going to cover up their secret marriage they did his parents didn't accept my sil because she is chubby and has dark skin. I told my husband if he promises anything even 1 dang dollar. I'm kicking him out! Because I'm sick of his families crap. They think money grows on trees. And I have has enough. We have our own family its time to cut the umbilical cord.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI Girls, Sorry Ive been M.I.A. we had a virus on our PC...

Just wanted to say HI!
Fan, I dont know how to deal with that whole situation, but I am sorry you are dealing with it!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #9
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

And if dh tells me he told the guy no they are on their own. And if he told me some story to pacify me. I will be like linda blair in the exorcist. I cannot forgive someone lying or twisting the truth a little bit even. Because he will tell me anything to not upset me. And then when he starts sending more money I will know what's up. I'm dead serious I told him if he does one thing I'm kicking him out he can come and visit the kids. But he can stay at his cousins house. This family comes first we both have sacraficed and given to much to keep his mother in high society living. And its time the queen dismounts and starts dealing with real life. 2 maids is a little extreme!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies!

Well our first night in our new house without dh didn't go well. I hardly slept at all so I'm going to be soooo tired today! Nadia ended up sleeping in bed with me. She woke up saying the sweetest sadest things though, she said lets get up and then she realized papa wasn't there and she said papa isn't here to tell him to get up with us. Last time he deployed she wasn't old enough to understand or even really realize that he was gone but its going to be hard this time.

Fan, thats a tricky situation! How scary what happened to your sons friend! It always amazes me when I hear about stuff like this really going on. I know it does but still its crazy to hear about! I think I would just tell your son that he has 48 hours (or however long) to tell his dad and then you are calling his dad to talk to him about it (whether he's told him yet or not). I wouldn't want to have to lie to him either and its still going about it in a sneaky manner by having your dad call his dad, kwim?

Bry, I'm cleaning here today too! Dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping....

Sandi, good luck with your test! Sounds like you all have your work cut out for you! Good luck with finishing the basement and the nursery! That will be so exciting to get it all done!

Ariana, that sucks that your dh is being such a pain about paying for stuff!

Chasity, you are the second one to say you had a virus on your computer! Its making me nervous! Was yours caused by DS?