Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekend Daffodil Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post

Sun-Shop....he'll get over it!
LOL - I hope so.... I just went back & bought the other one that I wanted, and 6 doublers (enough for the 3 I've bought & 3 more! LOL). Our paypal acct is actually in his name/his email. I thought I had deleted the evidence, but when he went online there was an email for it - he just totally ignored it & didn't say anything. LOL - of course, when we snuck in some alone time earlier he told me he just knew I was wondering how much longer it would be til I could go shop for more! LOL

Advertisement

~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Chasity I have also heard girls are easier. Ds3 gave me a run for my money. Both older boys I did rubber pants and undies. And I have tried wirt ds4 the same as them but he just pees a fish tank and you hear swish swish swish but it doesn't leak out LOOOOL! He slept all night last night didn't wake up to ask for a sippy even. I was so happy. And the nights before he slept well only waking up once! I'm going to try again potty training him. Ds3 was hard because my parents thought pull ups were awesome. So it took forver to potty train.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was so friggin hot today!!! Got to over 100! Yikes! We attemped a birthday party, but once we got there we found out there are NO bathrooms. There was NO way I was going to have NO access to a potty or avoid the potty and dehydrate. We ditched that idea!

There is an on-going fight about water usage with another landlord (all 3 landlords split the bill on my property), he has said that NO ONE can use the water....I called my landlord today and begged to use the water outside, and he said there was NEVER an issue about water and that this other landlord can kick rocks!
So, we filled the pool and now my evening is WAY better!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #24
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fan - Not sure what I would do in that situation...did DS end up telling his dad after all?

Abbi - Sorry you had a rough first night without DH I imagine that would be hard for a LO that age.

Jena - We ended up having to give up our dog when DD was a baby. She had way to many attention issues I think. My inlaws took her (luckily) so we still see her all the time, and funny thing is the dog gets along with DD GREAT now but I'm still scared to bring her back home with another baby on the way. I got SO sick of cleaning up pee/poop in the house I hope your dog cooperates!

Oh, and I hear ya on the weight gain - I think I'm up 21lbs. Sigh.

And I don't know about that "girls are easier" business, I'm pretty sure DD is going to be quite a challenge to potty-learn. She hates diaper changes more than anything and screams bloody murder when I try and change her most of the time. She could sit all day in a wet/dirty diaper if I'd let her...short of reading her Elmo potty book she couldn't care less about the concept. She's still pretty young though so in no way are we pushing it at this point.

I have been having a TON of BH contrax today, and I'm less-than-thrilled about the return of the hooha pain that feels like I went bike riding on the Andes Mountains with no seat cushion. Blah....
Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #25
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ds told hid dad. I even texted his dad to confirm. I'm just sooooo flppin worried. So dh's idea of an outing tommorow is to go around the flood damaged area. Sounds like fun NOT! I would love to just go to the ocean! Savannah isn't that far. Ok stupid question why do some ppl call the potty potty learning? I know that sounds stupid but I seen chasity do it and we grew up the same place looool. And I always called it or heard it potty trained. Oh well maybe I'm just getting old and not hip on the new parenting lingo. Sun beans soooooooound soo yuimmmy. But most of them have lard around here so no go for me. But man I would be up all night farting. We had leftover pasta with tossed salad and cantaloupe for dessert. I'm going nuts over apple cider good grief you could get cider and donuts back home for like 4 bucks here cider is 5 bucks a gallon!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #26
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

About the PTing, Nadia did really well and learned to pee in the potty pretty fast but the pooping part was what took so long for her. She just started getting it in the last couple of weeks and is doing really well with it now. Luckily we never had a problem with nightime, she only has ever had one accident at night and been in panties full time since February.

Thanks Alex, it is rough trying to explain why he has to leave and stuff. I'm just telling her he has to go back to NC to work but he will be back to see us soon. Hopefully he will be back around holloween time and we will probably have her bday party then even though it will be early...

Last edited by abbi_n_nadia; 09-26-2009 at 09:45 PM.
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #27
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My potty training experience-I had a 2yr and 3yr foster DDs when my DD was 18months old. I was potty training the 3yr old and just had each of them go on the toilet first thing in the morning. I had recently started using cloth with all of them as well (luckily they all wore the same size). I was only "training' the 3yr old who wasn't getting it. One day, my Dd was standing in my bedroom wearing a Cuddlebuns fitted and she had this look of shock on her face and announced she wanted to use the potty. I'll never forget that moment. So technically, She trained herself. I guess she didn't like the feel of the hot liquid. When I took her to her new daycare, they were in disbelief that she was already trained.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #28
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning Ladies!

Nothing planned for today. Today is the last day of our heat wave before our major cool down!

Need to cut more fabric for baby's dipes!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sun - The only way I buy diapers is by selling something, that way DH has no right to complain =) As long as it all comes and goes via PP balance he can't say a word! He still does, of course, but I have to remind him...

I am in a cleaning FRENZY today, goodness. So far I have vacuumed the whole house, emptied all the trash, cleaned out the downstairs closet, washed the trash cans, organized the cleaning supply cabinet, and as soon as DD goes down for a nap I'll be tackling the bathroom. Can you say NESTING?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #30
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alex-Definetly sounds like nesting!....It's too hot to clean here! I don't funtion in heat!