Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Prayer for my family and also myself

I need strength right now...that is what I am wanting prayer for for myself.
You see, I am 35 weeks pregnant. I have 5 kids here at home ages 18, 14, 7.5, 5, and almost 3.

I am the sole income provider for our family, and due to my progressing pregnancy, they have cut me down to one shift per week.
My husband is unemployed and waiting on a disability claim right now to go to court. He is very mentally ill (bi-polar 2) and is cycling (if you know anything about the disorder) as we 'speak'.

Our bills are piled up. We are $1,000 behind in our rent and the 1st is coming up quickly...that will add another $900 to it.

We have had a church pay our electric bill twice in the last few months and our own church did once as well. We can't get any more funding from either right now. Our electric bill is coming due again and is $249. I have $300 in my account.

Recently, our teenage daughter made the decision to go live at her dad's house. This caused ALOT Of stress on all of us as a family.

Because of my husband's mental health right now, all of this is falling onto my shoulders. I am the only one to deal with our finances, working, homeschooling the kids, taking care of their every single need, the normal day to day household duties/cleaning, and also trying to properly care for myself.

Please pray God will revel His plan to us soon. I feel so weak and unable to deal with all the tribulation we have been through in such a short amount of time. Also, please pray for His mighty provision for our family. I am not sure what is going to happen to us in the next few weeks.

Advertisement

We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prayer for my family and also myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyS View Post
I need strength right now...that is what I am wanting prayer for for myself.
You see, I am 35 weeks pregnant. I have 5 kids here at home ages 18, 14, 7.5, 5, and almost 3.

I am the sole income provider for our family, and due to my progressing pregnancy, they have cut me down to one shift per week.
My husband is unemployed and waiting on a disability claim right now to go to court. He is very mentally ill (bi-polar 2) and is cycling (if you know anything about the disorder) as we 'speak'.

Our bills are piled up. We are $1,000 behind in our rent and the 1st is coming up quickly...that will add another $900 to it.

We have had a church pay our electric bill twice in the last few months and our own church did once as well. We can't get any more funding from either right now. Our electric bill is coming due again and is $249. I have $300 in my account.

Recently, our teenage daughter made the decision to go live at her dad's house. This caused ALOT Of stress on all of us as a family.

Because of my husband's mental health right now, all of this is falling onto my shoulders. I am the only one to deal with our finances, working, homeschooling the kids, taking care of their every single need, the normal day to day household duties/cleaning, and also trying to properly care for myself.

Please pray God will revel His plan to us soon. I feel so weak and unable to deal with all the tribulation we have been through in such a short amount of time. Also, please pray for His mighty provision for our family. I am not sure what is going to happen to us in the next few weeks.
Oh mama!
I am sorry you are dealing with this right now. God does have a plan. When we think we can go no further, he reveals his plans. Sometimes it just takes getting to that point to finally be where we need to be to recieve his blessings. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
JanelleD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stacey,
I will be praying for you. I know how very much God loves you and I know He will help you through all of this. Even though right now things seem like they aren't going to work out, He can make a way. I'm sorry about your dh, I don't have that situation but I know someone else in the same boat and so I know how difficult that is.
Praying,
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you girls.
I know that this is all part of His great plan and that He never leaves nor will He forsake us. The enemy just tried so dang hard to beat us down and forget our faith. I am weak in my flesh at times and it is easy to get caught up in depression and chaos and lose my focus on Him.

Please keep praying for me. I need prayers for strength, building of my faith, revelation of the plan, and His mighty provision.

Also, please keep my 15 yo daughter in prayer. Her Dad's house is an unsaved household and I just want to see her suceeed. She has had a mighty seed planted, but still needs to completely surrender. I know that He can reach her and is with her always. Just pray she allows Him into her heart to work.

Thanks again!!! I'll keep you all updated. Sometimes, positive testimony is all we need to keep us going!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
CalebsMome
Registered Users

My Mood:

Stacey,
Kyle and I have been there, not with the mental illness, but with the loss of both of our incomes. It was incredibly difficult. We were fortunate to have family help us with food, and we were able to take retirement to pay our house payment. That lasted about 4 or 5 months. However, at zero hour, the retirement was gone, no jobs in sight, we had been hired at a children's home and they had suddenly had a budget freeze and we lost our position at the very start of this whole thing. We were truly at the end of our possibilities. Finally, God met us at zero hour. The children's home called back, with a position only for me. It was difficult, but I took Caleb, 15 months old at the time, barely talking, who didn't want to be away from daddy, to work with me so that Kyle could clean carpets for Electrolux for food money. The day before the house payment that we weren't going to be able to make came due, I got my first pay check, and it was just enough. About 2 months after I started, they had a position for Kyle, and we've been there now two years. I SOO doubted God and his provision, but God provided, and has continued to provide. You know our struggle with infertility, and I know you were struggling as well. God came through for you, with a much loved little boy. It's going to be fine. One day, you will be able to pay it forward. Everything always comes full circle. to you with finances and with Matthew's upcoming arrival. Prayers for your husband as well. I know what cycling looks like, and I will pray the disability goes through quickly. Every word that God promised is true!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
Erin318
Registered Users
seller

I will keep your family in my prayers.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's against the law for them to reduce your shifts, unless your doctor recommended it or if you are physically unable to do your job and there is no way they can accommodate you or give you a position with lighter duty. Just a thought.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMome View Post
Stacey,
Kyle and I have been there, not with the mental illness, but with the loss of both of our incomes. It was incredibly difficult. We were fortunate to have family help us with food, and we were able to take retirement to pay our house payment. That lasted about 4 or 5 months. However, at zero hour, the retirement was gone, no jobs in sight, we had been hired at a children's home and they had suddenly had a budget freeze and we lost our position at the very start of this whole thing. We were truly at the end of our possibilities. Finally, God met us at zero hour. The children's home called back, with a position only for me. It was difficult, but I took Caleb, 15 months old at the time, barely talking, who didn't want to be away from daddy, to work with me so that Kyle could clean carpets for Electrolux for food money. The day before the house payment that we weren't going to be able to make came due, I got my first pay check, and it was just enough. About 2 months after I started, they had a position for Kyle, and we've been there now two years. I SOO doubted God and his provision, but God provided, and has continued to provide. You know our struggle with infertility, and I know you were struggling as well. God came through for you, with a much loved little boy. It's going to be fine. One day, you will be able to pay it forward. Everything always comes full circle. to you with finances and with Matthew's upcoming arrival. Prayers for your husband as well. I know what cycling looks like, and I will pray the disability goes through quickly. Every word that God promised is true!
Oh Erin! Thank you so much! i know that every word is true. I also know that His word is true and He will never leave nor forsake me.
I also truly believe he love this little boy and He is the one that brought him to me. I don't believe for one minute He will allow him to suffer or be without.
I appreciate your openess and honesty and I love ya girl.
I still follow you guys over at JTC..I just can't bring myself to post.
I know you all would never banish me, but I just can never find the words.
You all mean alot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin318 View Post
I will keep your family in my prayers.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's against the law for them to reduce your shifts, unless your doctor recommended it or if you are physically unable to do your job and there is no way they can accommodate you or give you a position with lighter duty. Just a thought.
Thanks to you, too, Erin! The fact that 2 Erin's replied to me back to back had me . LOL
I would have a hard time proving they are doing that to me. They hired a bunch of new people for the upcoming season, but alas, I am the only 'old timer' there that had such a drastic cut in hours. Everyone else still has their 3 shifts and ALL the new people now have 2.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let you guys all know that God is definitely working hard by my side!!! I got a text message today from my co-worker that I am being laid off due to my pregnancy being a "health liabilty".

This means I can file for unemployment now!!!!

I am so happy and excited. It for sure won't pay all our bills, but will help. I was facing not having ANY money at all after Matthew comes, but now I will have a weekly check in the mail.

I also applied for cash assitance the other day and was quite discouraged when the lady said I made too much money. The max cap was $800 per month despite family size. Well, now, I am only going to bring in $181 from unemployment per week, so I will qualify for that, too....for up to 3 months after Matthew is born!!!! I won't have to rush right back to work if we can just get on a serious budget.

More good news is that even if my former employer 9the one that just laid me off) doesn't take me back, it will be high season here, so i can go anywehre and make the same and if not more money as I did there!!!

I still wish for continued prayer for strength for myself. I need to be able to relax a bit more and get into 'birth mode'. I would aslo ask for continued prayer for my husband to get some work as this will only help to dig us out of the deep hole we're in right now. We would be able to get a good start on catching up if he just scores 1-2 jobs!!!!

Just wanted to relay the positive testimony!!

Oh, and yesterday at bible group a lady was praying over me and had a word for me. Her prayer was this " Lord I thank you that just as a three banded cord is not easily broken neither is your word for us". The Lord isntantly showed me that He was speaking through her about the trinity. I felt so touched and felt He was telling me that He, my Father, as well as the Son, and the wonderful Holy Spirit are always with me and working on my behalf...that no matter how hard the enemy tries to destroy and work against me, that the Trinity is STRONGER and not easily broken!
Praise Him for He is so faithful and good!!!
I am on cloud nine right now!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
auntkerri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am thinking of you and praying for you in this financial/emotion/physical difficulty. I just thought if you read the footprints poem it might help. Remember in all the difficult times the man in the poem thought God had abandoned him and God's reply was actually when you see one set of footprints I was carrying you. Try to see the joy in your little ones lives and try to encourage your older ones to be helpful. In my state you can get your electric bill subsidized if you have such a large family and limited resources. I think I will ask God for blessings for you at this time. Maybe you will find a new resource that you didn't know existed. Have you tried talking to a social worker?

I had only read your first post when I replied and have just read your updates and wanted to say faith has brought you good. Keep up the faith. I am very happy for your new news.

Last edited by auntkerri; 10-02-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: read your updates.
auntkerri is offline   Reply With Quote