View Poll Results: What do you do for school??
Public 47 43.12%
Private 14 12.84%
Homeschool 48 44.04%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What will/do you do for school??

You dont have all the options up for choice.
We UNschool

Advertisement

Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We will homeschool/unschool.
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
supermomelisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do two, public for my 3rd grader, and private Christian preschool for my 5 y.o.
This works for us now, we have fabulous teachers for both children, but, if this were to change, so would there place of education. In other words, if problems came up that couldn't be worked out at school, we would switch in a heartbeat, no matter what.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we had the $$$ I would send him to a local private school that I like but at almost 7000 for 2 mornings a week preschool that's not going to happen.

I am hoping to form a homeschooling group and coop of the schooling with them. I just don't know how to go about it.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I didn't vote, b/c I am not sure. I would love to homescholl, but not sure if I will. I would say it is a toss-up between homeschool and private school.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
sienna
Registered Users

I am in love with the idea of homeschool. I think it is the perfect solution, in a perfect world. It isn't a perfect world though, so right now, my kid (4.5) is in a montessori. I just had a baby and i just didn't think i was at the place yet where i was prepared to take on hsing. I may still. But as long as ds is thriving in school i will leave well enough alone. If it stops working for him, i wouldn't hesitate to hs him.

I support hsing for the same reasons i adore montessori. Child directed, non-competitive, not a cookie cutter curriculum, respectful of the child, no comparison to others, no rigid timelines, etc etc. My kid is already reading and he's been there 4 months. He just loves it. It is so joyful about school. Just a vastly superior way to educate children. (my parents are both regular teachers, btw, and they think hsing is ideal but that montessori is a perfect second choice.

Truthfully, my heart is in homeschooling, but i am just not there yet...i've only been a sahm for the last year....before that i worked outside the home part time...my journey may still wind up in homeschool.

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #18
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted HS. Right now though, we're only hs pt. My 6 yo goes to ps kindy every other day and my almost 4 yo is unschooling (learning through play really). Next year though we'll almost certainly HS ft!
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
Mom22girlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter Megan goes to a private christian school. SHe is doing soo good there. My Megan has aspergers and public school did not have enough structure. This christian school she goes to has a lot of what she need and that is disapline and structure.

Rachel
Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #20
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

We knew before having kids that it was going to be a private Catholic school. Public school was out... I went to 13 of them and I can count on one hand how many were actually decent. However, our last duty location had schools on post and the preschool program was the best in the county. So we put our oldest in there and she LOVED it. But then we move out here to the boondocks of the desert, NO private school in a 40 mile radius and over my dead, torched, burned body will my children go to the schools here. So we homeschool.

Now that I've actually done it for a year and have REALLY learned what works/doesn't, we're going to keep going. I've already looked at the private Catholic schools near our next duty location and they are way too expensive and has a liberal program. Not happenin', kwim?

This works for us, fits our schedule perfectly (we can pick up and PCS in the middle of the school year without having to worry about our kids getting into a school system that is vastly superior or vastly inferior- it's happened, trust me).