Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
monday daffodil chat

Good morning everyone

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #2
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: monday daffodil chat

Hi everyone. I still don't feel right. Baby is moving a lot. But I cannot pinpoint what is wrong. I feel like she is too low. Idk maybe I'm being paranoid. But my hoo haa was hurting last night a lot. I'm not sure if its the gd or what. But I don't feel like my usual self. I actually feel like calling the ob and going in. But the thing is when they ask me what the heck should I say I just don't feel right? Good grief. My husband told me to just take it easy today.I don't want to seem paranoid. But I just really don't feel good. Its weird. I feel like her hand is gonna pop out any minute.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey ladies. sooo today is going to be my cleaning day. my house is trashed. i just dont know how much i can get done in one day. I want to try and finish the longies for jas but my brain is all over the place. but I bought some ribbon for the bottom and I got the elastic. sooo.

Ok so here is another situation ladies. There is a girl that dh and I met when we moved in here. She s a single mom that lives by herself. Its just her and her 6 yr old daughter and 5 1/2 month old son. I have watched her kids two nights (to be nice and a good friends) so she could go out and have some fun by herself. Well recently she found a part time job. I told her that I would watch the kids that was fine but we needed to fill out the paperwork so I could get paid threw the state to watch them. Well... She kept insisting that we didnt need to fill it out because they would just help her blahblah. I have been watching her son for the past two weeks. SHe just now got the paperwork and got it filled out and sent in like sat. Im also taking her to work and picking her up. She works across town. When I took her to work on sat. I asked her about giving me $50 for watching her son for the week and gas money. She basically said that she couldnt afford it. and said thats y she asked how many miles to the gallon i get in my van. Its getting to the point where Im feeling taken advantage of. At this point I have watched her son for two weeks and taken her to work and back for free. I dont want to seem like a bit$% but I also dont want to continue to not get compensated for this. Dh isnt making a huge amount of money and we have our kids to take care of too. and her son isnt the easiest to take care of. She holds him alot so he thinks he needs to be held constantly. I used to think a baby couldnt be spoiled but this boy is. If you put him down he screams. Everything can be done(feed, diaper, played with, burped, etc) and he will still scream. The second you pick him up he s laughing and smiling. Put him back down screams. I cant be holding him all the time as I do have other stuff I have to do and Im so far along. I d put him in my mai tai (can t find my wrap) but hes not light. Hes as heavy as jas and she weighs 21lbs. I cant lug him around all day. I guess what im trying to ask is what would you ladies do?
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm Tight Spot Bry... I would bring it back up again and explain that you have a family too and you feel like you are being taken advantage of!

Fan, I felt like something wasn't right for a while too... Now that baby moves a LOT I dont worry so much, but baby JUST now started to become really active, before it was just a little kick here and there, now s/he wiggles all the time... I am going to talk to Doc. about it though on Thursday, just because I worry a lot!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
jen_mahar
Registered Users
seller

I know how you feel.
Mine is supper low and they are already thinking I will go early because of it.
I constantly feel like someone has kicked me several times between the legs. and my lower pelvic bone is supper painful.
I go in on wednessday and they mentioning checking things out this time.
I'd call. It would ease your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
Hi everyone. I still don't feel right. Baby is moving a lot. But I cannot pinpoint what is wrong. I feel like she is too low. Idk maybe I'm being paranoid. But my hoo haa was hurting last night a lot. I'm not sure if its the gd or what. But I don't feel like my usual self. I actually feel like calling the ob and going in. But the thing is when they ask me what the heck should I say I just don't feel right? Good grief. My husband told me to just take it easy today.I don't want to seem paranoid. But I just really don't feel good. Its weird. I feel like her hand is gonna pop out any minute.
jen_mahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! Typing one handed here...

I felt horrible last night! I dont know what it was but my stomach felt bad and had yucky pains. I tried to use the bathroom but it didnt help so I laid down and fell right to sleep, woke up at 3am and felt completely fine so idk...

Fan it never hurts to call and see what they say! I bet they will want you to come in and get checked out! Follow your instincts!

Bry I wouldn't be able to handle the added stress right now! I would want to try to help to be nice but I just dont think I would do it right now, you have enough on your plate without an added 5 month old and the stress that comes with him!

Im gonna realllly try to get pics (of baby stuff) taken today to post! I want to show you ladies and I think it will help me feel more organized.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
jen_mahar
Registered Users
seller

bry...I'd let her know thatif she doesn't pay you then you wont be helping her out any more. i'd be strait with her. And I would also ask her to bring over a activtie center or jumparoo thing so you don't need to hold him all the time. The $ soulds like it would help you out, but not enough to really worth the trouble.

Here is a link to the house pictures....I need to get more on there tonght...the vinal is now up and the windows and doors are in. They are putting up the deck soon and starting the septic and the inside.
the builder even thinks we might be done for october 30th...AHHH!!!
I need to step up the packing and the bank is itching to send out someone to apraise.
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...n_mahar/House/

I have an ob/US apt wed. and Jason has a speech therapist eval next week!! Elise is driving me nuts, but other than the crazzyness all is well.
jen_mahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fan- I was having "hoo-ha" pain too. Almost felt like I was dilating. I asked my MW about it and she just said it was normal because everything was changing "down there". HOWEVER, follow what your gut says. If you don't feel right then go in and be seen. If there is nothing wrong then the worst that will happen is you are stuck with a bill. If there is something wrong then you can get it taken care of.

Bry- I would probably give her a deadline and explain to her that you can no longer do what you are doing for free because you cannot afford it. I am all for being nice (like being willing to do it AT ALL), but that is no reason to let yourself be taken advantage of.

Abbi- I felt horrible last night too. Not sick just any time I have to pee it hurts so bad. It was like that with my DD too. When I went into labor with her I thought all I had to do was pee.

Jen- That is so exciting! New house!

AFM-The big busy part of work is finally over! Woo hooo! I can actually start having my weekends and evenings back. Things have been so busy I don't even know what to write about. Except I get my DD's new car seat today! It is a Radian80 and I am super excited!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fan- I agree with everyone else, go have it checked out if something doesnt feel right. Its always better to be over careful!

Bry- I'd be upfront with her too, and give her a week or so to get it figured out then you are done. It does sound like she is taking advantage of you.

Jen- congrats on the new house!!

Well I was supposed to be at a playgroup meet up, but my son has started an aweful sleep schedule and is still sleeping at 915! Guess we wont make it to a meet up in 15 mins. I dont know what to do with him lately, he is sleeping really weird and getting up at night unless he is near us. Which I dont mind the co-sleeping, I mind the pregnant mommy getting so little of the bed. I've had trouble sleeping too, my legs bother me at night lately and I am up for an hour or more trying to get back to sleep.

So I am going to try to figure out some things to keep ds busy today and not let him nap, and hopefully he'll go to bed earlier. On a good note, hes been diaper free for 3 days now (except for nightime!) I am so happy, he still has an accident here and there, but is doing great for just turning 2 last week. All my friends thought I was crazy trying to get him potty trained so young, but he has been interested- all the non-cloth diapering mamas totally think that cloth is the reason. Either way only 1 in diapers in a few months would be great!

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and relaxed!

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fan> I know kat has been sitting low. i m starting to think this is going to be a month of early babies.

jen> gotta love the craziness of a full household. yehh on the house

fan, toby> I have had pelvic pain for the past few pregnancies. it stinks but there is nothing you can do for it except move slow and keep your legs together when u move your legs. But fan always follow your gut. Mothers know best

jennie> yehh for potty training. i was really going to start today with jas but i ahve sooo much to do that i cant keep an eye on her. so hopefully tomorrow.

Yeh I was thinking the same. Its just getting be ridiculous. Like sat she wanted to go out and her sis had her daughter but said she wouldnt watch little man for her. When it was time to go pick her up dh went to get her cuase I was in pain. When she got here she was like o thought you were going to pick me up. I was going to have you take me by my sisters and see if i could talk her into taking zeb for the night for me. Now I have to see if she ll pick him up and take him. Dh was pissed. Guarenteed her sister lives on the way home (she said) but still. Idk. I hate confronting ppl but its starting to get to be too much.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote