Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you think- Haute Pockets?

I tried one with snaps but wasnt sure I liked the fit. I am going to try another one but aplix this time. Just wondering what others thought

Let me know your opinion on them! Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you think- Haute Pockets?

I wanna know, too. I'm thinking of selling my BG 1.0 fleece and trying a couple. (We aren't using pockets much right now anyway.)
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

We just got an aplix one in the mail yesterday and I love it!

The outside fabric feels great, not in a berry plush kind of way, but it just feels nice. It's less plasticy than some and looks like it will really hold up well. On the biggest rise, fits great on my chunky 8 mo old and my tiny skinny special needs 6 yr old dd. In sposies they are size 3 and size 5.

DD wore it to school today and it contained a very messy poo wonderfully.

The grass green color is pretty too!

BG! has been our best fit prior to this, but they show wear so quickly with the way the stretchy tabs pick/pill. I still love them, but more Hautes are at the top of my wish list right now.

Last edited by mama_times5; 01-12-2007 at 05:44 PM.
mama_times5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_times4 View Post
We just got an aplix one in the mail yesterday and I love it!

The outside fabric feels great, not in a berry plush kind of way, but it just feels nice. It's less plasticy than some and looks like it will really hold up well. On the biggest rise, fits great on my chunky 8 mo old and my tiny skinny special needs 6 yr old dd. In sposies they are size 3 and size 5.

DD wore it to school today and it contained a very messy poo wonderfully.

The grass green color is pretty too!

BG! has been our best fit prior to this, but they show wear so quickly with the way the stretchy tabs pick/pill. I still love them, but more Hautes are at the top of my wish list right now.
i'm soo glad to read that. i just ordered one two nights ago and then i suddenly noticed a ton of mamas selling theirs or not liking them...hopefully it isn't a bust for us

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i sold my snap one. the crotch was too wide for my liking and we would be on the middle rise and the snaps kept popping off. I also couln't get a good fit with the snaps. dd's waist is tiny so were were on a small setting for the waist and i got wing droopage immeidiately.
I loved the color (berry)- it was beautiful and the fleece was very thick.
I wanted to like it

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
mikahsmomma
Registered Users
seller

To be honest I wasn't very impressed. I have a very hard time leaving a negative review for a diaper that someone worked hard to make. And I love, love, love many of their other diapers. But not these so much. I bought a berry thinking it'd be more red/maroon like the actual photos on the site show. But it's really more of a dark pink like the color swatch shows. Somehow I just thought the actual photos would be more accurate. But really that part's my fault for not asking. I don't care for the pocket opening not having some kind of overlap. It's down inside the diaper and without the overlap if you use microfiber inserts (which it comes with) the insert tends to peek out and touch skin. Which I've heard isn't good with microfiber. The snaps also aren't very tight. There's no click when you snap them. I kept checking and double checking to make sure they'd snapped. Granted he wore it for 2 hours and they never came unsnapped, but they just didn't feel secure like I'm used to.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Calanthe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like our hook & loop one but couldn't get a good fit with the snap one (but no front snapping diapers fit my DD well). I'm just using ours for overnight (as we needed an overnight solution) and they're awesome. We only need to use the insert that comes with it and it lasts all night for DD .. fit is good for her (unlike fuzzibunz etc.), no wet patches, no stink (like we were getting with our hemp overnight dipes). The fleece is also really nice and soft - the softest fleece I've felt. I'm really happy with our aplix ones and plan on getting a few more.

Last edited by Calanthe; 01-13-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Calanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the snap version. I think it looks sloppy with only one set of snaps the wings always roll up... The crotch is still pretty wide. It's pretty much the same as a wonderoos...except for the elastic casing.
I've seen the pics of the Aplix version and I'm interested in trying one out...
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikahsmomma View Post
The snaps also aren't very tight. There's no click when you snap them.
Mine aren't the tightest snaps every but they do click. I bought a wonder wrap cover off of FSOT once that had one or two snaps like you're describing. It bothered me too. I would think those are faulty snaps.

Oh and the slit thing. I see what you mean, but it's not bothering me so far. Since it's not at the top (like fb) the insert isn't going to accidentally stick out. And IMO, the tiny bit of microfiber that might touch the bum shouldn't be a problem. The concern with microfiber is just potential to dry out the skin. There won't be much if any contact.

Anyone tried them on a smaller baby and like the fit or not? We are on full rise.
mama_times5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #10
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

Rebeccah5, if you sell your BG fleece, let me know. I'd like to try them!
ellemenopee is offline   Reply With Quote