Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
LilHippyMamma's Avatar
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Leavenworth, KS
Posts: 2,023
My Mood:
bed rest

well I'm officially on bed rest now and got the dr's note for dh to give to his unit. They have no problems with it and said they wouldn't if it happened, we'd just need a note.

So he'll be released for all appointments for kids and me, school meetings, pick ups, drop offs, anything that needs transporting to etc. He got to stay home with me last time with Brooklyn, just checked in for PT and did some morning work and came home but he has a lot more responsabilities now but we figured since the kids are at school all day I can handle Brooklyn fine on my own and he's home with the other ones are home.

But definatly now WLC (school he was scheduled to go to for 2 weeks), Field, any of that. Which they said he wouldn't go anyways but if they were to change their minds he won't now.

Got through my one hour glucose test with out puking it up like wit Brooklyn.. yay lol so we'll see how that goes.

Dr sent me over to L&D to have a big u/s done (still meassuring 5 days ahead), have some swab test done that determines if I'm going into preterm in the next 2 weeks and it came back negative thankfully but doesn't mean we're out of the blue either but less likely being on bedrest, no dialation thankfully, monitored contractions and I was having some but nothing major to worrie about either as long as I'm on bedrest.

Advertisement

__________________
~Laci~ Proud Army Wife to Bryan and AP Mamma to Aidan (8), Keagan (6), Brooklyn (4) and Peyton 21month)
LilHippyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
trying4more's Avatar
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North. Bay Area, Cali.
Posts: 9,526
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Wow. Take it easy!
__________________
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
fanatic4cloth's Avatar
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Belle
Posts: 3,329
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Wow laci. I'm worried for somereason about bedrest. I cannot be on bedrest. It seems everything for me is happening now. And I homeschool. I'm glad everything is ok for u try to take it easy. I will see the peri on thurs hopefully my cervix isn't dilating!
__________________
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
LilHippyMamma's Avatar
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Leavenworth, KS
Posts: 2,023
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
Wow laci. I'm worried for somereason about bedrest. I cannot be on bedrest. It seems everything for me is happening now. And I homeschool. I'm glad everything is ok for u try to take it easy. I will see the peri on thurs hopefully my cervix isn't dilating!
It's going to be a lot harder this time. I was on it with the last two kids. At 5 months for my 2nd child for dialating to 3cm at 5 months and then light bedrest at 11 weeks with my daughter but full blown don't get up except to pee with my daughter at 31 weeks after I went into preterm. I knew I'd be on it at some point. But with the other ones I had playgroup, that's it. No kids in school. I'm PTA Vice President (which will now be limited.. I can put things together at my home and such but not be on my feet volunteering at functions) I have two kids in different schools (one is high functioning autistic so he has to attend a different school that offers special ed for his age), all the appiontments for the kids, me, just so much stuff that I'm usually going every day of the week. It's not going to be an easy adjustment. But I'd prefer to be on it then not because given my history it makes me feel more at ease and being on it I have the documentation to give dh's work so he can help more on the things that are more risky for me that might involve more walking, etc you know?
But yeah I'm already having a hard time adjusting at home, I'm totally OCD and getting yelled at by him all the time right now. But like today I've done pretty good on being off my feet all day and was up for 30 minutes making the kids dinner (we had take out) and doing their lunches and such and start contracting! The good thing is it hasn't dialated me at all yet (I don't know how! But then again when I went into preterm at 31 weeks I didn't dialate much either but probably would've if not stopped) but if I were to not be on bedrest and help the contractions then I probably would.

Who knows, I'm just going to hope for the best. I swear I will get a wheel chair Halloween though lol
__________________
~Laci~ Proud Army Wife to Bryan and AP Mamma to Aidan (8), Keagan (6), Brooklyn (4) and Peyton 21month)
LilHippyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
fanatic4cloth's Avatar
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern Belle
Posts: 3,329
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Loool I rather be on bed rest then sitting my god my hoo haa hurts like crazy sitting in the chair teaching ds3 2nd grade work. And I can only imagine being alone with them. My dad is disabled he was in the marine corp. And his disability limits his walking etc but at least he can help me with them. You poor thing just try to take it easy. I have ocd about cleaning when I start I don't stop. Hands and knees scrubbing floors and baseboards then I pay for it. Just think we only have a few more weeks to go. I figure 9 weeks till the c section date of 39 weeks( don't know how the heck I'm going to last) ds1 born at 36 wks ds 2 se almost43 but he was breech. And ds3 and 4 38 weeks so I look at it this way 8 to 9 weeks should fly by! I already told my dad please don't schedule any appointments after the first week of november. Just in case! And all the kids appt end the 2nd week of november.
__________________
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
ClothDiaperMePlease's Avatar
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 6,639
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Good luck mama! I can't imagine.
__________________
LM
Dready mama to 3 delightful boys, one darling daughter and wife to one mostly delightful DH
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
abbi_n_nadia's Avatar
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,961
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Gosh I would not be able to handle bedrest I don't think. Glad your dh is getting out of WLC and such. I hated dh being gone for 2 weeks for WLC! It was just the timing I think cause it seems kind of silly now that he's basically gone for the next 13 months. Glad your dh isn't deployed/getting ready to deploy! My dh is getting ready for his second deployment.

Anyways I hope all goes well and you make it to full term!
__________________
Abbi, SAHM to Nadia Grace 11/06, Zoe Mae born @ home 12/09, and Matilda Rosalee born @ home 1/23/12
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
LilHippyMamma's Avatar
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Leavenworth, KS
Posts: 2,023
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Gosh I would not be able to handle bedrest I don't think. Glad your dh is getting out of WLC and such. I hated dh being gone for 2 weeks for WLC! It was just the timing I think cause it seems kind of silly now that he's basically gone for the next 13 months. Glad your dh isn't deployed/getting ready to deploy! My dh is getting ready for his second deployment.

Anyways I hope all goes well and you make it to full term!
Mine just came home from 15 months right before I got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I hate him being gone for 15 months but I'm one of those that I actually like when he goes to school, NTC, any of that and I get a nice break lol Just not during my pregnancies because I'm so high risk and we plan them as much as we can according so that I'm not alone because we know he needs to be here. I had to do my 2nd high risk one alone from 3 months on and my last one I had to do alone till about 6 months and it wasn't easy. So we had a cut off, if I didn't get pregnant by a certain point we would've waited because we knew how high my risks were and he is leaving again a few months after the baby will be born.
I dunno how to have a husband around all the time, I prefer the breaks lol
But he was suppossed to go to WLC over 2 months ago and things keep getting messed up, changed, etc and our cut off point was not going after Oct because it was approaching to close to my normal preterm point. Same thing with the field, they were suppossed to be clear from all of that on his end so we thought we were good and then his unit wound up going once out of the entire schedule and it just happened to be a few days before I'm full term. Nice timing lol But they told him he'd stay behind because so many have to and that was non sense to go.
__________________
~Laci~ Proud Army Wife to Bryan and AP Mamma to Aidan (8), Keagan (6), Brooklyn (4) and Peyton 21month)

Last edited by LilHippyMamma; 09-28-2009 at 09:44 PM.
LilHippyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
UnderTheStars's Avatar
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: between the Mississippi and a cornfield
Posts: 6,895
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

So sorry about the bedrest Laci! I don't think I could handle it but then, you have to do what you have to do. Take it easy, we don't want that baby to show up yet.
__________________
Alex
[ mom to my cowboy ballerina and my boy-of-steel ]
UnderTheStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
abbi_n_nadia's Avatar
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,961
My Mood:
Re: bed rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHippyMamma View Post
Mine just came home from 15 months right before I got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I hate him being gone for 15 months but I'm one of those that I actually like when he goes to school, NTC, any of that and I get a nice break lol Just not during my pregnancies because I'm so high risk and we plan them as much as we can according so that I'm not alone because we know he needs to be here. I had to do my 2nd high risk one alone from 3 months on and my last one I had to do alone till about 6 months and it wasn't easy. So we had a cut off, if I didn't get pregnant by a certain point we would've waited because we knew how high my risks were and he is leaving again a few months after the baby will be born.
I dunno how to have a husband around all the time, I prefer the breaks lol
But he was suppossed to go to WLC over 2 months ago and things keep getting messed up, changed, etc and our cut off point was not going after Oct because it was approaching to close to my normal preterm point. Same thing with the field, they were suppossed to be clear from all of that on his end so we thought we were good and then his unit wound up going once out of the entire schedule and it just happened to be a few days before I'm full term. Nice timing lol But they told him he'd stay behind because so many have to and that was non sense to go.
Thats great that they are being so understanding and letting him skip out on going to the field. I know what you mean about the breaks! I do get to a point where I'm needing a break! My dh has been home a year and I was getting a little naggy with him. But he went to WLC shortly after he got back from the last deployment and it sucked cause I wasn't ready to be away from him again yet! And we were in a new appartment that I wasn't used to or comfortable with yet. This time we just bought a house and I'm pretty comfy in it already! I love this house!

If I ever end up on bedrest I'm going to do nothing but DS 24/7! And SHOPPING!
__________________
Abbi, SAHM to Nadia Grace 11/06, Zoe Mae born @ home 12/09, and Matilda Rosalee born @ home 1/23/12
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.