Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
whoo hoo I passed!

the one hour gestational diabetes test with flying colors!
for once, good news! No gestational diabetes this time! whoo hoo! I forgot I had the test yesterday morning and ate like half a thing of ice cream during Army Wives and was like oh crap lol I was worried since I had it with my last pregnancy.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
TheQuiltedLion
Registered Users
seller

Re: whoo hoo I passed!

Yippee!! I had my 2 hour test on Weds and I'm guessing I passed since they didn't call. I know the feeling of relief!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats! I just went to my diabetes management! Ughh is all ican say looks like we are stocking up on granola bars
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what's the 2hr one? I thought it was 1hr and then 3hrs if you didn't pass the 1hr? or do some just do it different? I've never had the dr call me even if it came back that I had it, just found out at the next appointment or called. I know some do though. I was ansy and called to find out or I would've stressed.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Military here as well and they will only call if you fail! I haven't gotten a phone call and it's been a month, so I had better have passed!!

Congrats on passing! YAY on GD diet!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
TheQuiltedLion
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHippyMamma View Post
what's the 2hr one? I thought it was 1hr and then 3hrs if you didn't pass the 1hr? or do some just do it different? I've never had the dr call me even if it came back that I had it, just found out at the next appointment or called. I know some do though. I was ansy and called to find out or I would've stressed.
My OB does a 1 hour and a 2 hour. I did the 1 hour at 16 weeks and failed so they called me and I did the 2 hour a week later. I think I got something in the mail saying the results were normal. Because I had failed the initial test, I had to repeat the 2 hour at 28 weeks.

I'm not sure why my OB office does a 2 hour instead of a 3. I had to eat at least 150g of carbs for 3 days and then fast for 12 hours before the test. They do a urine and a prick, then you drink the drink, then one hour later they prick, and then they prick again at 2 hours. Is the 3 hour different?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
reagansmom05
Registered Users
seller

yay!! mine isn't till oct 16th.
Anna, sahm to THREE boys [Reagan 4/25/05 & Hunter 7/17/07 & Logan 12/22/09 ] & one lost bean 2/15/09, Air Force Wife & SAHM. i love free gift cards from SWAGBUCKS!! EBATES and CloudCrowd and CASHBAQis where I earn paypal!! easy paid emails!!
reagansmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

I remember with ds4 I had to eat a special diabetic diet before the 3 hour. They poke you before the drink then after every hour so 4 pokes. This time I failed the 1 hour did the 3 hour passed early on. They repeated and I failed the 1 hour made me do 3 hour and failed. But they had me drink the drink and check every 3 hours.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Military here as well and they will only call if you fail! I haven't gotten a phone call and it's been a month, so I had better have passed!!

Congrats on passing! YAY on GD diet!!
I saw a midwife through the military wit my first, a military dr wit my 2nd and 3rd and had it with my 3rd and didn't find out till my appointment 2 weeks later even though it was possitive.

I see a civilian dr now and I asked when the results would be ready and they said I'd find out at my next appointment rather it was possitive or not.

I would've thought they'd call too. You know most people would take out the time to be nice and call lol
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuiltedLion View Post
My OB does a 1 hour and a 2 hour. I did the 1 hour at 16 weeks and failed so they called me and I did the 2 hour a week later. I think I got something in the mail saying the results were normal. Because I had failed the initial test, I had to repeat the 2 hour at 28 weeks.

I'm not sure why my OB office does a 2 hour instead of a 3. I had to eat at least 150g of carbs for 3 days and then fast for 12 hours before the test. They do a urine and a prick, then you drink the drink, then one hour later they prick, and then they prick again at 2 hours. Is the 3 hour different?
I'm not sure honestly. I did the one hour with my daughter and wound up throwing it up and showed that I had it. He was going to send me for the 3hr and said I'd probably do the same thing so we'd skip to just pricking my finger 4x a day at home and recording everything I ate and if that got what we needed we'd just continue with that. That worked out fine for us thankfully. I can't imagine doing the 3hr. I'd rather do a 2hr if I had to do it though haha I just thought I always heard 3hr