Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
wed daffodil chat

Good morning everyone!

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wed daffodil chat

morning ladies. sooo i slept ok last night but i slept on the couch. lol it was the only way i could get comfortable. my lower back still hurts a bit but not like yesterday. i have my gallon of water ready to go and drink. gotta run to the po today and get some stuff mailed out. I have a pair of capri/longies that I bought of fsot long time ago that werent crocheted up tight enough and have started falling apart. im mailing them to a mama that i traded with back right after jas was born. Shes going to crochet them up for me for free ( she owed me some money). Im waiting to get her opinion on whether she can do a pair of longies out of them or just a skirty. either way i absolutely love the colorway so i cant wait to see them redone.

So I was just starting to think. I have the woolies that Im making for the girls. They obviously have never been lanolized before so that means I should lanolize them. But I was thinking that a wool wash wouldnt be good enough for the first time right? I should prolly buy some lanolin and do it taht way.

What is you ladies fav. wool products as I finally have some pp and need to get this?

K ladies bbl. taking the oldest to school.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sooo tired today.. I think I might be getting sick, DH stayed home from work today because he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandcam+2 View Post
So I was just starting to think. I have the woolies that Im making for the girls. They obviously have never been lanolized before so that means I should lanolize them. But I was thinking that a wool wash wouldnt be good enough for the first time right? I should prolly buy some lanolin and do it taht way.
I was wondering that too.. and how to lanolize them. I have no idea, I guess I'll have to try & look it up.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning!

Sharon, that is a very funny point about the hiccups! I definitely feel them very low, so I guess she's still head down! lol

So its the 30th and dh's check is supposed to be in our bank account and its not. Ugh! I've been planning on it being there today cause I have a huge list of stuff I need to get.... Oh well I guess it can wait one more day. And I can get some cleaning done today instead.

Bry, I don't know if you need to lanolize besides using wool wash or not. When dd was in dipes still I always lanolized new wool but she was older so I don't know if you really need to for a newborn or not. Maybe just lightly? Or just use some lanolin spray after washing?

I like Ewe Need It and Naturally Luxe wool wash. Pink Sugar scent is my fav!

ETA: I also LOVE Face of The Wave Zen Tea scent wool wash! Yum!

Last edited by abbi_n_nadia; 09-30-2009 at 07:41 AM.
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layna View Post
I'm sooo tired today.. I think I might be getting sick, DH stayed home from work today because he was.

I was wondering that too.. and how to lanolize them. I have no idea, I guess I'll have to try & look it up.
I have been looking up lanolin but im not sure still what I should do. Specially since I have never used wool on a nb. lol I wasnt a big fan of wool with my boys but I loveee it with my girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Good Morning!

Sharon, that is a very funny point about the hiccups! I definitely feel them very low, so I guess she's still head down! lol

So its the 30th and dh's check is supposed to be in our bank account and its not. Ugh! I've been planning on it being there today cause I have a huge list of stuff I need to get.... Oh well I guess it can wait one more day. And I can get some cleaning done today instead.

Bry, I don't know if you need to lanolize besides using wool wash or not. When dd was in dipes still I always lanolized new wool but she was older so I don't know if you really need to for a newborn or not. Maybe just lightly? Or just use some lanolin spray after washing?

I like Ewe Need It and Naturally Luxe wool wash. Pink Sugar scent is my fav!

ETA: I also LOVE Face of The Wave Zen Tea scent wool wash! Yum!
lol thanks. all the wool i have ever gotten was already used so its just that beginning lanolization im worried about. lol idk though.

Thanks girls for the suggestions. anymore?
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With knitted wool you can just use a wool wash that has lanolin. The whole point of wool is that it absorbs and drys before we know it! If you over lanolize it, it blocks that process!

I just used a wool wash bar that contained lanolin and that's all I did. Never had a problem!

I finally sleep, except my "gott pee" times.
I seriously thinking getting up and pee'ing is like natures way of getting us used to the getting up every few hours with a newborn!

I was up at 11pm, 3am and 6am. That sounds like a newborn feeding schedule! (Sorta!)

I'm in a REALLY good mood this morning! Hope it stays this way!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a dental appointment oh my god is all I can say! Drinking pop all those years surely did damage. I need a bunch of fillings. So I scheduled them. Some I have to pay for which is ok. On a side note I am mad! I want to go to my attorneys office and sit there. They haven't called me with any info on my case. I call them I email them no return calls or emails. Well guess what I call the workers compensation bureau to find out if my attorneys office got the check. They told me to contact my employer. I called them they sent the check on june 29 over night courier. Per the attorneys office. Request. When I got the secratary on the phone today she is a b-@ch!!!! I said what's going on. She said we don't have your check I said really? How come it was sent to your office over night courier on june 29. Then she didn't know what to say. I said so where is my settlement? She said they were waiting on child support papers. I said really I sent those back july 6th. And the judge signed the settlement aug 6. So the judge wouldn't sign if I didn't submit the child support papers. So then she said well I need to talk to so and so. Well now finally they called back and have a diffrent tune! And are sending me the closing statement and I should get it within 10 days
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I don't have much time, but I wanted to stop in and say hi!

HI!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do lanolize my wool, but there is lanolin in wool wash usually (I use good ole' eucalan) To lanolize, buy liquid lanolin or you can use the Lansinoh brand lanolin for nursing moms. If it's liquid, just add a tiny squirt to your woollies "bath" along with the wool wash. If you're using the Lansinoh stuff, you have to melt it first, so squeeze a little dollop into the sink, and run HOT water over it to melt. It will all look like it's floating around on the top. Then add the rest of the water to the sink and your wool wash, making sure the temp of the water when the sink is full is "tepid" (like room
temperature) This way you don't shock the wool. Then to wash, put the wool items(s) in, swish gently and squeeze (don't wring) and then let the wool sit for up to 15 mins in the sink. Drain the sink, no need to rinse wool. Squeeze out the item(s) gently, being careful not to wring them. Then you can lay them flat on a clean, dry towel, and roll them up in a towel and squeeze the towel to get out the excess water. Then unwrap and lay flat to dry, don't dry in the sun. You should only have to wash wool every month or two, maybe longer, depending on use. Unless of course there's a diaper blowout LOL...Only have to lanolize again if/when you notice the wool is losing waterproof-ability. Maybe every 3 months or longer...
Geez, sorry this got kinda long. Just wanted to be detailed for any new wool users.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Fan, my Brother-In-Law used to drink tons of Soda too and he just had to have tons of dental work done too!

Bry, I love Ewe Need It wool wash, it already has lanolin in it. So you just wash it in it, lay flat to dry, Done! Easy Peasy!

Layna, I hope you don't get sick. I'm congested right now and it's terrible!

Going to the post office, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, running to my local yarn store, dropping off recycling, grocery shopping are all on my list today. Better get going! Farrah has the hiccups right now

Thanks Sharon, my DH picked out her name I love it!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote