Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wed daffodil chat

thanks ladies. i ll prolly just buy a bunch of wool wash then. lol with the way i keep making stuff. on my way to get ds from school. i just finished some skirted longies. chek it out

Advertisement

bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Sharon, that's very helpfull!!
So you can do that with the wool for the first wash to get it ready? KWIM? Or is there something else you have to do to prep it in the begining?

oh also, is that how you wash the wool also? or how do you do that and how often? I'm a total wool newbie here!

Jena, LOVE the name Farrah

Last edited by Layna; 09-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #13
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to add....if your brave you can spin your wool out in the washing machine to get the excess water out after washing it...it dries a lot faster that way. I mainly do this with interlock and recycled wool but I've done it with knitted also.

I just turn the dial to spin and turn it on for a few seconds and then stop it and take them out and lay them flat to dry.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sharon I hope I remember to cut and paste and print out your instructions. Where can you get wool wash? That has lanolin in it. I think I'm going crazy! With eating like literally every 2 hours! It leaves little time for anything else. Breakfast then a snack then lunch then a snack then dinner then a snack. I'm tired already. But those kashi granola bars are awesome the peanut ones yummy! I switched to 1 percent milk. And dad grabbed some weight watchers ice cream I forgot to mention to dad that just because it says fat free doesn't mean it better for you. So he brought home fat free everything gotta love him! I'm doing laundry cooking dinner. I need to finish 4 mama pads peri appt tommorow dh is going with me. I'm grilling chicken legs and thighs on the grill. Will marinate them with a pinch of bbq sauce. And steamed green beans and then salad with some hard boiled eggs on top! Blah! Anyhow I hope you guys have a peachy day. Btw jena I lovEeeeee the name farrah! But think you know that already!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies,

Ooh! Good wool tips! Thanks! My mom is making a ton of longies, shorties, and soakers for the baby. Can't wait to use them!

I'm right there with you girls on the sleep issues. I'm up about 3-4 times a night. Except two nights ago, I fell asleep and literally didn't move until the alarm went off.

Check out my name dilemma thread please. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=845417
Thought we had her name but we really don't!

Last edited by sandmark; 09-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.
sandmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so bored!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

My back is killing me! My sciatic nerve has reared its ugly head, and my feet hurt. And ds4 will not cooperate at bath time. I'm going to have dh bathe him. I can't lift him anymore he is about 34 pounds, and when he just doesn't wanna do it he won't. And your fighting agaimst him doing stop drop and roll tantrums.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sandi can you post the link?? I don't go using the forums unless I'm on the pc. So when I'm on the blackberry I just come to dec threads.(Book marked it)
Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I edited my post to add the link. Thanks Fan!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Good Morning!

Sharon, that is a very funny point about the hiccups! I definitely feel them very low, so I guess she's still head down! lol

So its the 30th and dh's check is supposed to be in our bank account and its not. Ugh! I've been planning on it being there today cause I have a huge list of stuff I need to get.... Oh well I guess it can wait one more day. And I can get some cleaning done today instead.

Bry, I don't know if you need to lanolize besides using wool wash or not. When dd was in dipes still I always lanolized new wool but she was older so I don't know if you really need to for a newborn or not. Maybe just lightly? Or just use some lanolin spray after washing?

I like Ewe Need It and Naturally Luxe wool wash. Pink Sugar scent is my fav!

ETA: I also LOVE Face of The Wave Zen Tea scent wool wash! Yum!
I see you are military...the money won't come in until MIDNIGHT tonight, sadly!

My appt went fine! I was with the Doc MAYBE 5 min! He didn't even measure me, just listened to the HB and asked if I had any concerns.

Sadly, I didn't get to schedule my Csection... Apparently the Doc I saw last time didn't know what she was talking about...they don't schedule Csections until 36 weeks... But he said that I will go at 39 weeks if not earlier(if I have low fluid which I have a history of having). I did tell him that with my history of low fluid, I was worried about going to 39 weeks without some monitoring. So, he said that he will do an U/S at my next appt(35 weeks) to check the fluid. Yeah...another 4wk wait for an appt... Ahhhh such is life in the military!

The only negative thing he said was "Your weight is up a smidge more than we like"! I did say that I was wearing a super lightweight skirt at my last appt and at this one I was wearing mat jeans! They weight at least 3Lbs! But really have gained a ton and weigh.......well, let's just say that I've already gained over 30 Lbs!!

Have a good evening everyone!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote