Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: We have the FLU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I didn't know that about building immunities, gives me a "bright side".
Yep, they're even saying that if you've had the swine flu, you don't need to get the swine flu vax, kind of like chicken pox.
(I kind of wonder if that's why they quit testing to confirm the SF, but that's a whole 'nother issue.. Lol!)

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Wow guys! I hope everybody is doing ok and getting better! I dread getting this!

I read some bad stuff about the tamiflu awhile back but can't remember what it said! I'll have to go research!
I hadn't heard anything bad till you said something, they said those that had side effects had it with in a few doses. We didn't experience anything negative at all. In fact all of is symptoms cleared with in 24 hours and he's a bouncy little boy again. What I was reading was the risks really out way the good but if your child is as serious off as mine was then using it is a better risk then not basically. It just really depends on how severe the child is and again like any other meds a personal opinion too. I know there's a lot of people that don't agree with my daughter being on meds for cyclic vomitting syndrome either and there are some risks to it but she was throwing up so much all the time and is such a tiny tiny thing that I was willing to risk it and since she's been on it we've had no negative reactions and she's completely healthy and not vomitting or having the problems she would. Medicine in general is just such a scary thing. I love how the things that can "help" have so many things they can "cause" too
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I read this morning that about 100 preg. women in the US have been hospitalized for the swine flu and 1/3 have died. A women in my neinghoring town died yesterday, the baby was delivered healthy. I called my OB and he called in Tamiflu for me. I'm waiting on my MIL to drop it off to me. I can't take any chances, I have too many kids to raise.
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Laci I'm glad the tamiflu worked great for you guys with no side effects! Thats good! I don't know if we would take it or not, I guess its kind of a "have to wait until we're there to know" kind of thing. I hate being sick so I would probably lean towards taking it!

Lisa, that is very scary! So are you taking it as a preventative?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I read this morning that about 100 preg. women in the US have been hospitalized for the swine flu and 1/3 have died. A women in my neinghoring town died yesterday, the baby was delivered healthy. I called my OB and he called in Tamiflu for me. I'm waiting on my MIL to drop it off to me. I can't take any chances, I have too many kids to raise.
yeah they were wigging out about it at the ER for me to be tested and be very careful because not only am I pregnant and what you just said but I'm high risk as well. My dr didn't feel a need to test for it since he saw me 2days prior and I showed no symptoms and still haven't. He said just be very cautious and if I do come in ASAP. But I'm praying nothing hits me.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Laci I'm glad the tamiflu worked great for you guys with no side effects! Thats good! I don't know if we would take it or not, I guess its kind of a "have to wait until we're there to know" kind of thing. I hate being sick so I would probably lean towards taking it!

Lisa, that is very scary! So are you taking it as a preventative?

If I had read it before hand, I honestly don't know how I would've felt or reacted either. But I'm glad it worked out since I didn't know anything about it then. Course my husband took him since I'm on bedrest and he's not as anal as me too
Old 10-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sick, but I didn't get tested. Everyone in this area are wigging bad. All i did was call my OB and told the nurse my kids tested pos, and she called it in right away!
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

You know what's scary about this. Is the whole sf hype. It presented its self in the 70's ppl got vax for it and then had side effects like. The gulf syndrome soldiers. And then guess what swine flu disappered until last year you didn't hear much of it. Its amazing how it occured 30 years later. Yet the flu flu just mutates and is another strain. I wonder how many big pharm comp and such are profiting from the scare. I rather get it take tami flu then to be vax'd with something that hasn't been tested. We don't go many places. And if drs really enforced sit in the sick room with actual doors then it would help versus sitting in a waiting room with tons of sick ppl. My peid love them to pieces but you have to go thru the sick room to sign ur kid in. Kind of defeats the purpose. I carry hand sanitizer around and don't use shopping carts without wiping them down with clorox wipes. Wash your hands constantly. Don't sit diaper bags or purses on the floor places. Keep your kids hands clean wash your keys off your cell phone house phone etc. And you shouldn't have any problems. The way I see it if its meant to be we get it its already been written. And I just pray it doesn't get severe. Hope you guys feel better!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok here is a good laugh girls stop coughing at the pc screen your infecting everyone! Sorry I had to! ( Silly sense of humor) but hope you guys reciver quickly!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
Ok here is a good laugh girls stop coughing at the pc screen your infecting everyone! Sorry I had to! ( Silly sense of humor) but hope you guys reciver quickly!
lmao no coughing here!

I know what you mean though. Apparently people get more ill and have died from the regular flu then the swine flu was what I was reading at one point but it's just not hyped up as much. I personally have never really been terrified of either one and still really am not. When he spiked a fever I was just kinda like okay something's up but didn't think anything like "OMG SWINE FLU" because we've never even dealt with the normal flu really. My kids in general stay pretty healthy. They get like 24 hour bugs here and there but do pretty good. But once I found out the only thing that hyped me was the fact I was just in preterm and if puking started in the house and then I got it and I puked then I was pretty much screwed you know?
That and my kids are so little. I wasn't freaked out because we caught it and treated it. Keagan was the worste but still caught in good timing. But if I had experienced some of the severe stuff I've heard about I might have flipped out a lot more. I was more pissed that we got it lol