Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: friday daffodil chat!

Question for all you knitters and crocheters out there.

My mom needs a pattern for the longies, soakers, shorties, etc... that she's making me. She's a very talented crocheter and would prefer to use crochet to make everything. She knits unbelievably well too but has arthritis and wants something easier...

Anyway, I found this pattern that is fully customizable and was wondering if it looked like a good pattern to go with for everything I need.

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=89760&vid=3255

I would love feedback before I order something. Also, how can I tell how much yarn I need to buy? I'm totally clueless.

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maeleigh Ann
Ivy May
Ivalyn May
Zoe Mae
Evelyn May
Evelyn Mae
(evelyn is also on the popular list but I like it! its really growing on me!)

Ugh! Baby naming is so hard this time!

Sandi I like Nathalia Leslie! Thats very cute! And I like Tali or Talia for short!

Last edited by abbi_n_nadia; 10-02-2009 at 09:09 PM.
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but.... Sandi, are you pronouncing the "h" in Nathalia or is it "Na-tal-ya"? I guess I've never seen it spelled with an h before! I love love love the nn Tali or Talia though Talia was a first name I wanted had this been a girl.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seein': the h is silent. It's a toss up between spelling it Nathalia or Natahlia. I think the second spelling would help people pronounce it correctly. Haven't run this name by DH yet. I'm sure he'll shoot it down too.

Abbi: I was just talking with my neighbor and her granddaughter's name is Evelyn and they call her Evie for short. I still like Ivy May the best from your list.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #15
petunia_2007
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies!

Just stopping in to say "hi". I've been avoiding DS lately with a lot of work on my plate and having a hard time reading about things that can go wrong...I worry enough already. So I'm going back to my happy bubble and I wish you all the very best over the next weeks. I'm sure I'll stop in from time to time, just not regularly.

I have my 31W4D appt on Mon then down to the two weekers. I can't believe how fast it's coming! My nesting has reached a new peak and I bought a bunch of sposies in a variety of sizes just to have on hand. But I totally SCORED on OS BG 3.0! I got 26 BGs, 2 Haute Pockets, 2 FBs, and 2 Mommy's touch for (drum roll please) $100!!! Yes, 32 OS dipes. I think my stash is complete...although I wouldn't mind a dozen more prefolds! He he!

Take care!
petunia_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sandi I think its cute. And talia for short ot thalia she is a super beautiful mexican actress singer
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like it Sandi! Talia is gorgeous. I also like Ivy All gorgeous names!vvMy nesting is going a little crazy. DH keeps saying he think I am going to go 'early' (around 38 weeks like I did with Eden) but I am thinking not so. I think I might go over due this time. We'll see. I am in major knitting mode, I have finished a couple of projects I have been working on forever so that was fun.

Baby keeps punching me in the cervix today and it actually kinda hurts. Pot roast for dinner and Antique shopping tomorrow I love antiques. My sister and BIL are coming too
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aww petunia we will miss you! And hope everything goes well for you and baby! Jena I'm think 38 weeks to. She is super low I get punched in my cervix a hit to the butt and a kick to the ribs. Today you could feel my belly it wasn't smooth like usual. And it was super weird and dh loved it though said he thought he was touching something! Seems we are going to florida sunday till monday afternoon for some beach time. I can't wait to see my lo digging for shells. Dinner was awesome! I have about 3 mama pads left. I need to get some snap pliers. Or diffrent snaps the ones I bought are huge! So maybe I can find something smaller. I also need to find some wipes solution. Seen some of the one you use on ebay chasity. Not sure if its pricey though does she have a hyena cart??
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am wiped out!
I left home at 8am and didn't home until 8pm.

I went with DD on her feild trip to The Discovery Center at a local park, which turned out to be a huge hiking thing....Holy ****...I wasn't expecting that! Then, the school's annual walk-a-thon was kicked off right after we got back from the feild trip, so of course I went to that too and walked with my DD. Then sat there with my mom cheering on DD, buying them food and game tickets, then a not-so-good pasta dinner.
After that, we headed to Target and got *ALL* our halloween decorations. Spent $300 on them.....YIKES! But we can use them again, and again, and again....ect.
My feet are KILLING me!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #20
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi all!

We had homeschool park day today. Then the dreaded mall, since I had gymbucks to spend on my 2 youngest. Target after. I know walking is good for me, but its sooo hard already!

I am insane pregnant woman - I cant stop buying for this baby. I really should NOT be spending $, but i just cant stop. ugh. I used to be *so* frugal, but I really struggle lately. On the other hand we have huge payments starting to the IRS soon, so whatever I dont buy now, I wont be buying at all! LOL

Phone nurse called & I may be having PIH issues,so I need to discuss that with my Dr on Thursday.

All in all doing well - cant believe we only have 2 months 2 go!!!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote