Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #31
Piper's Closet
Registered Users
Formerly: ewalk585 **DO NOT FSOT~ADMIN**

My Mood:
Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

the issue is that for a DC purchase you have to send priority. there is no guarantee thought that it will get there sooner because of customs clearing.

Advertisement

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 10-10-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: removed spam
Piper's Closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #32
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

2 suggestions on shipping from the states to canada

sure you cant get a dc# but if your buyer uses pp to buy then you are protected as long as you have proof of sending package. so if you cant get a dc# take a pic of the package with postage applied as well as the receipt. pp accepts that as proof of sending so if ds would also have to reverse any negative feedback from a "unreceived" package. (the recipient likely rec'd the package but with no confirmation of delivery are trying to scam a free diaper) so as long as you can prove you did your part with a receipt from the post office and pic of package with postage applied you are in the clear. if the receiver genuinely didnt receive the package she can take that up with canada post

2ndly if states mamas want to really be fair to canadian mamas all it would take is 5 minutes of checking shipping online. say the diaper was 10ppd and shipping to the usa was 1.50 well subtract that from the 10ppd and the diaper itself would be 8.50. shipping to canada would likely be around 2.25 so now add that to the 8.50 and you get 10.25ppd to a canadian mama. practical and fair and takes an extra 5 minutes to figure out.

i Do have an issue with people complaining about having to go to the post office to ship to canada though. yes you might have a baby or 2 or three kids but so do i and canada doesnt have a door to door mailing service to the states so i have to go to the post office EVERY time! what i normally do in order to avoid takeing all 4 of my kids is wait till hubby is home to watch them while i go by myself. yes the post office is likely closed at this time but there are other outlets that are open late that are at pharmacies or the automated teller at the post office that you can use. if you cant ship that day i'm sure your buyer would understand (she a mother too after all) if you had to wait a day or two to ship. or simply state 'i ship internationally only on saturdays when hubby can watch the kids' in your post.

its simple common curtousy - how would you feel if every canadian mama gouged you in shipping?

i live on the border of the northdakota/montana/saskatchewan so i have a po box in the states and its not an issue for me but when i lived further away i completely stopped buying used diapers and bought new from stores with low shipping costs cause frankly it was the same price and the diaper was new. alot of states mamas missed out cause there was plenty i would have bought had they been willing to adjust to actual shipping costs
1boy1girl1bitty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #33
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh... Don't get me started on Cdn shipping prices! I just sold something on fsot for $8ppd and I shipped it within Canada and it cost $7 something... It was one stinking diaper! I am so irritated.

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
Bloggity... blog... blog... blog... Did you know I blog?
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #34
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a US mama... and just wanted to say- easiest way to get around the whole no DC or really expensive... SHIP THRU UPS. It doesn't cost anymore- and you can track EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE no matter where you are shipping!!
TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #35
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyAndCheyMommy View Post
I am a US mama... and just wanted to say- easiest way to get around the whole no DC or really expensive... SHIP THRU UPS. It doesn't cost anymore- and you can track EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE no matter where you are shipping!!
I've checked out some quotes online and it seems quite a bit more expensive. Maybe in the US you have better shipping prices with them too.

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
Bloggity... blog... blog... blog... Did you know I blog?
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #36
mbmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always been under the impression that USPS was the best way to go from US-Canada. Am I wrong?
mbmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #37
lichee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmama View Post
I've always been under the impression that USPS was the best way to go from US-Canada. Am I wrong?
One of the problems with UPS shipments from US to Canada is that UPS can charge a brokerage charge that will sometime equal close to the value of the item being shipped! This is not even duty. Might be more on the commercial side vs. mama to mama shipments but I've had it happen to me!
lichee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #38
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichee View Post
One of the problems with UPS shipments from US to Canada is that UPS can charge a brokerage charge that will sometime equal close to the value of the item being shipped! This is not even duty. Might be more on the commercial side vs. mama to mama shipments but I've had it happen to me!
I thought Customs was not supposed to charge duty on pre-owned diapers or children's clothing!
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #39
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sshipped once but with the understand taht if it got lost, NOT MY FAULT! The DC would have cost MORE than the diapers. DC is very important to sellers, help protect them. sorry
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #40
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I sshipped once but with the understand taht if it got lost, NOT MY FAULT! The DC would have cost MORE than the diapers. DC is very important to sellers, help protect them. sorry
Of course- getting DC means the package then has to go priority, which costs much more than first class. But if you ship a first class PACKAGE (not envelope) it costs just a few cents more than the envelope option but you get a TRACKING NUMBER. That is my idea of a good compromise- both parties are then able to track it without it costing a mint.
nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote