Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
hospital pics??

Hi momma's. What are you going to do for pictures. Especially those in the hospital. I always got my 3 older boys pics and ordered a large packet but only 1 had their eyes open. It seems kind of a waste to me. With ds4 dh took loads of pics with the digital camera and our cell phones. And they are really great pics. So I think we will go that route. Because you can print your faves and or have diffrent shots to send out versus a ton of the same old my eyes are shut pose. And you don't have them comming in when its not convienent for you.

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: hospital pics??

I've never liked hospital pics. My DD was 3days old when she came to my house and I took a pic of her laying on my bed. I then had it made black and white through Kodak online and it's one of my favorite pics of her. When my son was born unexpectedly, all I had was my cell phone camera. I took pics of him with it and then also did some black and white through photobucket. Both sets of pics were mailed to me, I had 10x13, 8x10 and several other sizes, I'm sure they still were way cheaper than a hospital package. The hospital did take pics of my son that passed away (free of charge), but they didn't look like him to me and I rarely look at them, but my cell phone pics still take my breath away and I keep one on my nightstand.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aww tryin big hug. Hossy pics look nothing like ur kids. At least mine didn't the cell and digital captured the real them.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didn't get the hospital pics. They took some cause they said they needed to take them whether we bought any or not. We took lots of pics during her first week and picked one of those to send out with the birth announcements. I think if you wait til they are a few days old (like 3 to 5 ish) then they turn out better because they are more alert.

This isn't the one we used but I LOVE this pic! Have to share! This is a scanned copy so not so great...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we just did tons of digital pictures. My mom is a photographer so she took some fun ones at the hospital and came to my house a few days after for actual portraits of my last one
Old 10-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate hospital pics! When I did my volunteer hours for nursing school, I was on the postpartum floor and one of the things I did was the newborn photo, and most of the pics were horrible! babys just don't look right with a camera directly over their face and expected to be prop'd straight up.
It was a PITA to get the pics right, and I tried so hard, because I know how memorable they are!
Digital cameras are better, and can be printed for super cheap at local drug stores!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I too didn't like the hospital pics. He was my first, so I bought a small package, but they looked NOTHING like him. He was a worm, (super long and skinny) and the hospital pics just seemed to bring that out more and made him look funny. I too like my cell pics better lol

This time we will probably just go with digitals and then have Christmas/Bday pics done shortly after going home (DS1s bday is in Jan)
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Omg abbi that pics sooo cute she looks like she is saying what the heck leave me alone! See I won't let them take pics if I choose not to. You can always say religious reasons LOOOOOL!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My babies are born with bruised faces (9lbs+) so I REALLY don't like hospital pics. So I do my own with my fansy digital camera DH insisted I get. Do back and white. Have prints made at walmart.
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love black and white photos I would love to get the kids together to do a black and white photo. Great idea. We have a nikon not sure if it does bw pics but I know you can play with the pic at walmart. We do photo albums but don't put pictures around our home of the kids or us like in frames or on the walls. Religious reasons but I have tons of photo albums. Ds4 hasn't figured out the baby in the album is him. So he says that's a heavy baby there. Looool