Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekend daffodil chat

Tryin: I'm allergic to feathers too. Had to rehome my parrot because of it and can't use anything down at all. I developed that allergy just a few years ago. Funny how pregnancy can exacerbate things.

We don't have a BBB in our area of the country. Just Babies R Us. I never go there.

Just curious, why don't you want to tell your brother you're having a baby? If he's coming to visit when you are due then he may change his mind about visiting at all. I'd be super miffed if my sibling had a baby, especially if it was during a planned visit and I had no idea about it. That's just me though.

New: Have a great time at your shower and b-day parties today! Have some cake for me! We're not having a shower for this baby. It stinks because we could really use some stuff for her. Oh well, just buying it ourselves and trying to save as much as possible! We're reusing all of DS's things.

Fan: Thanks. I know, I always list my stuff for like 25% or less of what we paid for it. There are people out there that recognize the good deal and won't haggle but it's a pain getting through all the hagglers out there first!

I just listed an XL Maternity Clothes lot for $50. 40 pieces, mostly dressy work clothes to casual. Stuff I don't wear or doesn't fit right. Does that sound like I'm asking too much?

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope sandi for the maternity clothes they sell 3 outfits here for like 75. The way I see it if it has been used. And I was comfy paying what I did for it new. Then if I can make a quarter of what I paid its great. I usually just give ds stuff away. But with ds4 I saved some of ds3 fav outfits I had of his. And used them for ds4 and ds4 I saved his stuff. I think dh wants one more after this. But we don't know yet. So I'm thinking to save ds stuff and dd stuff just in case. If there is a finality saying no its dangerous to have another ie my uterus or whatever or complication etc. Then I would get rid of it. Otherwise we shall see. Bry wow the big v my older kids dad had it done and my 15 year old was making fun of him sayin ouch! At least he will get all the little swimmers worked out by the time you pop. We are going to florida tommorow. We are taking the grandpa with us hopefully he behaves himself sit him on the beach to look at girls we should be okay! But I miss the ocean we are going to the gulf my fav part. And I can't wait to see ds4 in action digging for shells. We will be back late monday so 2 days 1 night oh well can't complain. I tried that maya wrap it isn't the ring sling one but the other one you can adjust it with zippers and or buttons. I puit ds4 in it I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, that stinks about the feather allergies! That's the one thing I'd really be upset about, b/c I love fluffy down pillows, but I love my chickens even more! I'm very excited right now b/c one of our hens, Ming-Ming, went broody and we put some hatching eggs under her- some from araucanas (the ones that lay blue & green eggs) and a couple silkies, which are tiny, fluffy bantam chickens. DH hates my chickens LOL but I love my free-range eggs and they're great for bug control too! Little does he know I plan on keeping an araucana hen, and a silkie hen from the hatch heehee
Old 10-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sharon I have no ide about chickens I just love you can get free range eggs. They are so flippin expensive in the store loool! Ds3 grandma had them on the roof over seas ( they lived in the city and that's the only place she could raise them) and we always had fresh eggs or chicken.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sharon can you show us more chicken pics? I have no clue about chickens, I was raised a city girl, weird because both my parents were raised on farms. My mom told me about how she had a baby chick for a pet that would follow her around everywhere until one day she forgot and took a step backwards. I always think about that story, sad.

Sandi-I think that is a steal of a deal for maternity clothes. I would pay it but I'm not much of a bargain shopper, I have sucker always on my forehead.

I won't tell my family I'm pg because I've told them before in the past and always had to call them with bad news. I refuse to make that kind of call again and swore that I wouldn't say anything about a pg until the baby was laying in my lap. I doubt that he would be upset, just greatly surprised.

tomorrow is the day i gave birth last year. I'm doing okay, hope no emotions sneak up on me. Weird to think that my DS would be a year old, weird that I'm preparing to give birth to another child.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tryin I miscarried and my close friend was due 2 days after me. She had her baby in august. Also one of my mc was due in dec and I am set to have this baby. Its really amazing. Its hard to forget though.although mine was first trimester mc it still hurts. I hope that you are ok tommorow and know that you will see him again one day big hug for you! I can totally agree about not wanting to say anything. We waited till I was further along because in my husband country mc is a stigma and they blame the woman. I could just hear my mil now. I'm really sick of them. My sil sent a rude email basically telling my husband he is going to pay for that and he doesn't have a choice. I'm sticking to my guns. If he does anything he will be seeing the kids after work and on sundays and going to his cousns house. Because I'm not having them being choosen over us. I'm really upset about it. And in the very end of my pregnancy too.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel really behind on all the discussion today....

I love BRU! I can't believe you guys don't like it! lol I'd probably love BBB too! Never been to one though.

Love CL too but it is a pain weeding through all the replies! I've only listed stuff a couple of times and we put dh's phone number up! That was a mistake!! His phone rang every two seconds! lol

Sharon how funny about your chicken love. The silky ones are pretty though! My grandma had lots of chickens so I've been around them some.

Tryin I can't imagine! I hope tomorrow goes ok for you. Hugs!

Fan, I can't believe your dh's family is being such a pain! Ugh! How stressful!

So I think diaperswappers just tried to give me a virus! Ahh! I think its ok though....I closed everything and did a scan and it detected 18 threats! It quarantined and removed them so I think everything is ok now...
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #18
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow abbi I notice a lot more threats when I go on ds. But since I use the blackberry haven't had an issue. You know if dh chooses them that's ok. Because I've had enough I'm sleeping on the couch tonight and he is sound asleep like a baby. And of course I can't sleep because I want to scream at the top of my lungs how much I hate what they are doing. I will not help bring mil here she can sit her arse there. And I'm all done if I have to I will go back to work back injury or not!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #19
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Abbi: I got a virus yesterday from diaperswappers too! I was on the chat thread and my computer anitvirus software kicked it into high gear. It cleared the threat so no worried but now I'm nervous about this site!

Sharon: I also would love to know more about raising chickens. We have almost 4 acres and have the materials to build a pretty large chicken area. We're even going to dig 2 feet down and splay some wire fence underground to prevent predators from coming in. All said and done, our chicken area would be about 30 feet by 100 feet. We just need to decide on what kind of coop to build. I'd like between 4-6 chickens. We can't have roosters where we live, not allowed. Our project won't get going until Spring though, so we've got time to plan.

Tryin: I completely understand! I'm sorry, I had forgotten about that. I forget about everything lately. I bet he'll be absolutely thrilled!

Fan: Sorry that your family is still giving you grief. Some people can be so selfish!

My DH is going to build me a closet organizer for the nursery. It'll have a ton of cubbies in it to store diapers, clothes, shoes, etc...

Funny moment: We had some important papers that we needed and we tore the house apart looking for them. I knew that I had brought them in the house just couldn't remember anything after that. Turns out, they were safe and sound... in the REFRIGERATOR!!!!! Now DH looks there first if I've misplaced something. Gotta love preggo brain.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #20
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh! I just got hit with another malware virus from this site.