Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy
Germaphobes - share your worst playgroup stories!

This is not meant to scare anyone but to remind us all to be very careful with our LO's. I know we're all paranoid for those first few months but after your kid has drank from the toilet you tend to ease up a bit

My worst? A friend of mine went to a public playgroup and came home with Impetigo (from feces!!) and oral herpes!!! We had been to the same playgroup once when my son was about 4 months old and he got baby measles Needless to say we never went back. This place never washes their toys and the parents let their kids run wild, around basically unsupervised. My son was pushed over multiple times by different kids and had toys ripped out of his hands more than once. It was ridiculous.

What's even scarier is there was a mom there with two kids and she left the 1 month old in her car seat on a table across the room all by herself for like an hour. Not only was she exposing her to all kinds of stuff, but she could have fallen too.

__________________ (my bargain hunter blog)
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Re: Germaphobes - share your worst playgroup stories!

Not really playgroup, but waiting in a waiting room the other day, a little girl was litteraly all over my son. He kept trying to move and get away from her and she would just follow him. Her parents werent watching her and I believe she only spoke spanish, so I couldnt tell her to leave him alone or tell her parents they needed to watch her. I eventualy had to put my son in my lap and turn my back so she wouldnt get to him.
JadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Registered Users
Location: where you can have the heater and airconditioner on in the same day
My Mood:
Re: Germaphobes - share your worst playgroup stories!

not really a playgroup story either, but my 3 year old son peed on his 3 year old best girl friend while we were at the park with lots of other mothers watching.
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6
sarahpotter is offline   Reply With Quote