Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
HH13
Registered Users
seller

Braxton Hicks

Hi all! Just turned 30 weeks and can't believe how this pregnancy is flying by! Hope all of you are doing well and your babies are growing healthy and strong!

Anyway, this is my second pregnancy and I honestly am just not remembering this happening from the last time. I remember braxton hicks, but just not having them this frequently. I am feeling a lot of tightening of my uterus, not any of the signs of preterm labor, but a lot of tightening. Friday I kind of went into a nesting mode and was bending and cleaning a lot. The more physical stuff I did the more tightening I felt, and I think for a while there it happened about 8-10 times in one hour. I do have a doc appt monday, so I'm going to talk with my OB about it. I decided to back off and give myself a break and today I had very few braxton hicks, but just wondering how many braxton hicks you all are having? I guess I'm just worrying a little and wondering what is normal and what isn't. TIA!

Advertisement

HH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Braxton Hicks

i have just turned 30 wks also and have been having wicked bad BH, I think im feeling them soo much though cause this is my fourth pregnancy.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Braxton Hicks get worse and more frequent with subsequent pregnancies. I never had BH at all with my first, and I have them a lot with this pregnancy.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a few with DS1, but have had a TON with this one. Even some real ones.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Figured Id come back and comment some more. I have been having htem this pregnancy. with my last two pregnancies they didnt stop me but this time I cant do anything but breathe threw them. They are actually painful but I know they are only dh because they start up and stop every night same time.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Dr told me that if they last for more than an hour that I needed to be seen - so I would definitely discuss it with your Dr!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been doing a LOT of reading on this lately. If they seem consistent, try: going to the bathroom, eating something, drinking juice or water, laying on your left side, sleeping. If they continue after you try one or more of these things then you should go to L&D
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

definatly bring them up to him. If you are having them consistantly a few minutes apart 3-5 for an hour or so and they don't stop with rest or drinking it's better safe then sorry to go into L&D.
I personally don't feel most of my contractions and never have. My belly gets really tight like a ball and is contracting but I'm not able to tell how frequently or how hard, etc because my stomache generally just stays in a tight ball.

I had a few BH with my first son. My 2nd child I dialated at 5m but didn't really feel contractions that much. My 3rd child I felt them quit a bit, but when I went into actual preterm with her at 31 weeks I thought I was constipated or something and just felt like something was wrong. Went in to see what was wrong and they hooked me up and yelled at me because I was in full blown labor and wanted to know why I didn't come sooner. I said I didn't know I was contracting and she's like "you don't feel that, and that?" I'm like no... lol they were able to stop it thankfully. I was told to be very cautious of any problems and go in to be safe then sorry with my history so I still went in with enough time.

This pregnancy I had some preterm labor signs over a week ago at 26 weeks. Again my stomache just tightened up. They hooked me up and my contractions sped up to about every 2-3 min. Didn't stop with laying. Didn't stop with 3 IV's. Finally they slowed after 5 hours. I was put on full bedrest. I'm still on bedrest obviously but they hooked me up to monitor me on Monday and I had some contractions still but not as often to be as concerned but still none the less having them and shouldn't be.

You just NEVER know
Old 10-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
greencheeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I was experiencing BH this past Thursday and Friday. My stomach was not tightening but I was having bad menstrual type cramps. Friday I had to sleep so I could catch a break. When I woke up they were not as painful. I haven't had any since.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had NONE with my first. A TON with my second and just a few...maybe one or two with this pregnancy!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote