Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Braxton Hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencheeks View Post
I think I was experiencing BH this past Thursday and Friday. My stomach was not tightening but I was having bad menstrual type cramps. Friday I had to sleep so I could catch a break. When I woke up they were not as painful. I haven't had any since.
that sounds more like round ligament pain or growing pains to me. I get the period feeling pretty regularly.

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #12
fwlady
Registered Users

I haven't had a whole lot of BH this PG. But, I have had hours of hip and back pain on a few nights, and even some front pelvic pressure. I am not sure what that is all about, except that I had a high leak at 20 wks, again at 26 wks, and I guess I have some funneling/effaced cervix. Although, I don't know, and even the MW doesn't seem to know, if that could all be normal for a grand GRAND multipara woman. KWIM? If I wasn't checking because of the back pain, I may not otherwise know, or know that this happened the last perfectly healthy overdue PG.

I guess that the cervix issue can be what causes the PPROM. OTOH, this is PG #8 for me, and I had lost a twin at 11 wks with this PG, which causes these things to be a higher possibility. I have learned A LOT with this PG, when I really am a very crunchy HB kind of woman. IT seems to go away when I lay down to go to bed. So, it may just be late night, baby wants to go to bed thing. My MW (CNM in OB office) doesn't seem overlly concerned. And, since I normally go weeks overdue, preterm birth isn't really much of a possibility. Although, I am keeping a close eye on things. I think if I was overdoing it, I may have more issues, but I am sewing diapers, homeschooling, etc. mostly right now. Just trying to chill out and get things done.

Well, not to hijack, but it is good to know that the BHs are probably more normal. I would say the back and hip pain may not be this early. Kymberli
fwlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #13
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had tons of BH's this time around. I think they started around 12 weeks.
I have lots of days where I have them 5 minutes apart for hours. While they're not fun because they're VERY uncomftorble, I've talked to my Midwife & OB both about them and everybody's decided that's just what's normal for me. They figure that's one of the reasons I have a family history of fast labors, because we do all the work ahead of time
Old 10-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #14
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to clarify that BH are a tightening around the top of your belly. They are not painful as they are not productive. They do NOT dilate your cervix, or even change your cervix at all.
Menstural type cramping and tightening around the bottom of your abdomen is NOT Braxton Hicks. If you are experiencing those, you should call your doctor.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
I just wanted to clarify that BH are a tightening around the top of your belly. They are not painful as they are not productive. They do NOT dilate your cervix, or even change your cervix at all.
Menstural type cramping and tightening around the bottom of your abdomen is NOT Braxton Hicks. If you are experiencing those, you should call your doctor.
So would what I'm having be called BH's? It's the whole belly tightening and when I have them, alot of the time they are painful. Not unberable but yes, painful, noticable, take-your-breath-away, sometimes can't think, etc. They remind me very much of early-mid labor contractions with DD. Oh and over time, I've dialated to 2 cm.. Started out closed up tight.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never had any that I know of. I never feel any tightening or anything with my first pregnancy or this one.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #17
XtraOrdinary
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you find yourself having lots of BH and they are actually painful, try drinking lots of water. I know I need more water when my BH are intense and frequent.
XtraOrdinary is offline   Reply With Quote