Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
mshen
Registered Users
seller

Is this a quality issues?

Not sure if it's just my luck, or am I being too picky... But I bought 6 BG 2.0 as soon as they were released, and they arrived with the old labels. Then, i noticed 2 of them have funky stitching around the legs. So I contacted CB and they exchanged them for me, without problem. Then, I just noticed that on another one, the laundry tab is coming undone. Again, it's not a functionality problem, just cosmetic. Is that normal? Is that just part of the wear and tear? Or are the BG 2.0 with the old labels not as good? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Advertisement

mshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
360blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this a quality issues?

I'd contact Jenn again. She's always super helpful. I'd call though, because apparently they were having e-mail issues. Someone else had posted about this problem, and she just said to call.
360blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also ordered a bunch of the 2.0 when they were first released and found several of them either had stitching that completely missed an edge on the laundry tab, or was so close to the edge that they came apart there after just a few washes. I suspect it was a problem that was not noticed or anticipated. I *think* that was a problem on the BG 1.0 for a while and they solved it then it cropped up again unexpectedly in the BG 2.0.

I didn't bother contacting them about mine since I have a sewing machine. I simply reattached and reinforced the stitching on my laundry tabs. I felt a little put-out that I had to do it given they were brand new full-priced dipes. But it was easier and cheaper than exchanging them.

If I did not have a sewing machine tho, I would have definitely contacted them to inquire about an exchange. Left unfixed I think the laundry tabs would eventually pull off and become useless. And I HATE diaper chains in my laundry.

But CB is extremely good with their customer service. So I'd contct them and see what they can do for you. I'm sure they'll help you out. Seems like a manufacturer's defect to me...
Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

one of my BG 2.0 has the laundry tab problem too. I also bought 6 but i haven't contacted them yet about it. I was kinda waiting to see if it happened to anymore of them first before i had to pay a couple bucks to ship it to them. Would rather ship them all together if they all end up with the same problem.
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got the same problem with the laundry tabs. I contacted CB and have to send them in for repairs.
ophelia2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes these things happen, and with a big company like Cottonbabies, they can be an oversight.
I would def. contact Jenn and see what can be done - that seems like some sort of manafacturing defect... easily fixed!

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #7
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

We called the production company immediately after somebody here mentioned having an issue and she confirmed that she'd noticed that one of the girls who was cross-training on that step wasn't doing it properly. She was sewing too close to the edge of the laundry tab on some diapers. Its been resolved (again). I am so irritated that it was even an issue again, but yes, we'll fix it.
Like me on Facebook.
wildflowerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
360blessings
Registered Users
seller

Jenn, thanks for posting here again. You and your customer service is the best!
360blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
HappyHeinys
Registered Users

Please Please Please always contact us.
I have spoken with Jen a few times and I am pretty sure she feels the same way I do.
If there is ever any problem, please come to us. This is why we are here. I know not all companies provide the same level of service as others but first always go to your retailer. Then if it is not resolved go to the manufacturer.
Most of us don't bite I promise.

We had a similar issue with the back elastic, someone new was sewing this and she is a great seamstress but she did not realize she needed to go over that spot twice and was going over it one time.
We always have elastic that snaps now and then, it's a part of business so at first I didn't think anything of it. Then I started seeing some "disappointed" posts and I worked with my head seamstress and we were able to quickly identify the problem and correct it.

If these people had come to me sooner I would have been able to catch this sooner. It's not something that we would catch on quality control so I needed to hear about it so I could fix it.

Sometimes it can be a bit disheartening to see a thread asking something like this. I know that if I sent out 6 diapers and half came back with elastic problems and I fixed/replaced them, then they had aplix problems, I would want the chance to fix them again. That is a part of our guarantee.

Sorry about the book and this is not meant to be mean or upsetting to the OP or anyone else just a personal request
www.happyheinys.com
HappyHeinys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
mshen
Registered Users
seller

i really didn't mean to suggest that CB's CS is anything less than stellar. i just wasn't sure if *I* am being too picky. i just wanted confirmation that i should ask for exchange. for the record, i think CB is awesome. i'll call them on monday, since they're having email problems...
mshen is offline   Reply With Quote