Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #21
grisaleen
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you think of mamas who...

As far as I can tell, it's just been one person who posted a bunch of different items like this. I think it's a gimick, and it's working because how many people clicked to see what they could save from getting thrown away? And how many people responded to those posts saying "don't throw it away!" effectively *bumping* the thread so that more people could see it?

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #22
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisaleen View Post
As far as I can tell, it's just been one person who posted a bunch of different items like this. I think it's a gimick, and it's working because how many people clicked to see what they could save from getting thrown away? And how many people responded to those posts saying "don't throw it away!" effectively *bumping* the thread so that more people could see it?
You have an excellent point. I totally agree - how many of us responded to the FS post and said "don't toss this item away?" .... wow...

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
Tymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know I am glad someone posted this. That's why I replied about Miracle Diapers on the thread. I really hate to think someone would throw something in the trash when there are ladies out there that need dipes but can't afford them. In fact the more I think about it the more upset I get.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #24
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Her tactic may have "worked" but it can't be helping her reputation.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #25
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrocksmommy View Post
Sounds like a great way to scam.
I was thinking the VERY EXACT SAME THING!!! I have never seen that until today ever...most mamas here are more than willling to donate and give away to help other mamas before they throw them away.....somehting sounds fishy to me
Old 01-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #26
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

I fell for it!
I'd just couldn't fathom thinking about the other outcome!

Well...I made an offer anyway!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #27
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
Her tactic may have "worked" but it can't be helping her reputation.
I personally think it is horrible!
i mean for me, in the beginning when we started cd'ing we couldn't afford much, and I didn't know about places like this, so I asked around, and at first bought used, learnt more along the way. With help of course!

So to me, someone saying they will toss out a dipe, just to get a sale , is really wrong and hurtful IMO ...

I mean I think back to where we were a few months ago, and without help from some of the mamas who helped me out, we wouldn't be in the position we are in today...

hence me personally wanting to help someone else I mean to be honest i've taken losses on diapers, so what? If someone else can enjoy what we're not using, then why not take a loss? put a smile on someone's face, instead of fattening up your wallet!

sorry i had to... just my two cents..

Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
onyxxmoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say that if it weren't for this incredible community, and fsot and ffs, i would NEVER have been able to make it this far cding!!!! As many of you know, i have been going through very difficult times lately, and haven't been able to afford to buy many diapes- or even collect the proper supplies... so, i have reached out to mamas here, and it is *unbelievable* what support and love i have received!!! We are still trying to find some ffs diapes for naps and night time, but we have the basics of most other stuff... (that is until DS goes through yet another growth spurt!!!lol)
AND as to the post about tossing items, that mama has offered to give me some of those things ffs already, so she isn't really going to throw them out (i don't think she is at least ?!?).... I have no idea really b/c she hasn't asked pmed me back since, but maybe it was just a figure of speech ? maybe?
Anyway, for the second time tonight- I LOVE DS!!!! And ALL of the *amazing* mamas who teach me new things every day! Thanks a million bazillion for helping me to cd my sweetie!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #29
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diapermamaagain View Post
I fell for it!
I'd just couldn't fathom thinking about the other outcome!

Well...I made an offer anyway!
well I pmd a mama who had that posted to not throw them away...I said id find a good home for them and Id pay shipping before id want them thrown away it makes no sense...needless to say I never go ta response, I dont think that giving them away was a priority...but its the same a garage sales have you ever noticed people get wigged out about lower prices but theyd rather give it the goodwill before they lower their prices....strange and odesnt make sense
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #30
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
well I pmd a mama who had that posted to not throw them away...I said id find a good home for them and Id pay shipping before id want them thrown away it makes no sense...needless to say I never go ta response, I dont think that giving them away was a priority...but its the same a garage sales have you ever noticed people get wigged out about lower prices but theyd rather give it the goodwill before they lower their prices....strange and odesnt make sense
I know I found that weird myself... Strange..
And yeah personally i'd rather give away a diaper then know it was tossed, and if it wasn't for DS I wouldn't have learned about BP, and the other wonderful diaper makers and WAHM's out there, so thanks everyone!!!!!!!! to everyone here!!!