Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #31
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you think of mamas who...

ok I didnt read everyones replies but I think the person today did it just so their items get more attention and hopfully sell. I dont believe for one second that person will throw them away. How hard is it to knock the price down a few dollars and at least sell them rather than throw them away.
Either that of they are fighting for attention

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #32
DianeSKB
Registered Users
Formerly: pinaysosexy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
well I pmd a mama who had that posted to not throw them away...I said id find a good home for them and Id pay shipping before id want them thrown away it makes no sense...needless to say I never go ta response, I dont think that giving them away was a priority...but its the same a garage sales have you ever noticed people get wigged out about lower prices but theyd rather give it the goodwill before they lower their prices....strange and odesnt make sense
same thing happened. no response, i pmed her too
DianeSKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #33
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I may have put things at a price and said they'd be going to Goodwill later if not sold. For me, I need the funds to buy DS more things. If I give something FFS or almost FFS, it's not worth it for me to have to load everything up to get to the mailroom, spend money on postage and a package, etc. If I can't get anything decent out of an item, I'd rather just let DH drop it all off at Goodwill. It's more about what is easiest on me rather than about other people. ETA: If I see someone on here is in need, then sure I'd send it to them FFS, or just plain free and I have. I'm just talking in general, I don't care to sell things FFS because it's harder on me.

I would never throw something good away. Someone can use it. And our local Goodwill hires lots of special needs people and I love that about them! So if I can donate to what I believe is a good cause, I will.

ETA: I read the post everyone is talking about, I totally don't see it as a big deal. *shrug* There are far better things in life to get all upset over to me.

Last edited by JustAugust; 01-13-2007 at 10:06 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #34
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Never seen anything like that on the FSOT just on FFS, which is what I do. If nobody wants my FFS I give it a few days and then announce the donation or trash date as a last chance.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #35
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

today was the first day I saw posts like that. I guess they were all from the same mama. sounds like a scam to me, too.

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #36
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I agree, it is a stupid thing to say, and an even stupider (I know, not a word) thing to do. It really makes no sense. I am quite sure it is an attention getter, and alas, it has worked!
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #37
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylaureena View Post
well I pmd a mama who had that posted to not throw them away...I said id find a good home for them and Id pay shipping before id want them thrown away it makes no sense...needless to say I never go ta response, I dont think that giving them away was a priority...but its the same a garage sales have you ever noticed people get wigged out about lower prices but theyd rather give it the goodwill before they lower their prices....strange and odesnt make sense
Actually, it does make sense in a way. If I was selling stuff at a garage sale that I didn't want to budge on a lower price, I would rather give it away to goodwill. why? Because, giving stuff to goodwill is a tax write off....and you can pretty much choose the value of the item that you have donated. So even though you may not have $ in hand; you will get the $ you wanted out of taxes, kwim? This is why most people would donate to goodwill, salvation army, etc, rather than budge on lower prices.

But to throw it away? now that's just a waste.
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #38
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
Actually, it does make sense in a way. If I was selling stuff at a garage sale that I didn't want to budge on a lower price, I would rather give it away to goodwill. why? Because, giving stuff to goodwill is a tax write off....and you can pretty much choose the value of the item that you have donated. So even though you may not have $ in hand; you will get the $ you wanted out of taxes, kwim? This is why most people would donate to goodwill, salvation army, etc, rather than budge on lower prices.

But to throw it away? now that's just a waste.
Okay I agree with taht statment 100% but I knwo alot ofpeople who take stuff to donate and what not and never actaully get the slip to use on their taxes...I guess in my mind I was thinking along those lines...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #39
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I laughed when I saw that "a post" like that today because Im sorry but nobody is going to throw perfectly good dipes away!

Some of my stuff hasnt been selling & I am too lazy to go to goodwill so I have been adding my stuff to FFS tonight because someone can always use it! (I'll be adding more)

If I was a person posting that I'd be embarrased! (sp)