Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
bethy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Why doesn't anything fit anymore?

DD has so many special dipes and they are all just too small.

Our beautiful embroidered Bottombumpers are a no go now - I tried to get a medium on Lucy yesterday and the leg settings were just too tight - the larges we bought ready for this are way too big around her tummy even on the smallest setting. HHs are the same.

Our big (ish) stash of gorgeous OS mutts are getting too tight on her legs too, and leaving a tummy gape. The size 1 babyshapes don't fit any more either - and size 2 are so hard to find.

The Daisydoodles that fit her legs aren't absorbent enough

Our BPs have to be larges - but they are just way too bulky and square for us.

The only ones that are okay are LHC larges (fitteds) and swaddlebees (which I prefer not to use because they are a bit plain, not WAHM, and not absorbent enough), FCB envelopes and a couple of other larges - but pretty much everything is too small on the thighs if it fits her tummy, and gapes around the waist to fit her legs

What to do? We love CD'ing but I can get NOTHING that fits!

Sorry for the vent

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why doesn't anything fit anymore?

mama,
I don't really know what to say to help. I never really tried many dipes out there since I mainly make my own and in those situations I just alternated my pattern a bit to DS's needs.

I hope you'll find something soon!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
tricia722
Registered Users
seller

I think the answer lies in your siggy. Chunky monkey born 7 (-ish) months ago. You are entering the phase of hard-to-fit baby. Once she starts to crawling it will improve and with walking, she'll probably be back in those med dipes. It's crazy how their sizing changes in just a few months. When Abe was that age, I found toddler dipes often fit well. The extra rise helped them to fit around huge thighs but the waists were small enough to fit well. I particularly like a tinkle traps toddler fitted we had. I still have trouble getting some large dipes to fit well. Another idea is to do prefolds for a few weeks until the great toddler thin-down comes along.

I would advise you NOT to sell the dipes that don't fit if you can afford to wait this out. Abe is now 16 months, 26.5 lbs and fits in his medium bb aios on the third snaps. He's only gained about 2 pounds in the last three months and he's balanced that out with several inches in height. He was quite the chunky baby too. Good luck!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
bethy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you tricia - I feel much better! She has been crawling now for about3 weeks and I can already tell that she is thinning out and going upwards - I just think the legs will stay the same!

I'll hang onto what I can just in case she ever gets back into them - I may do stash pics to remind myself how much I love them all

We've got some prefolds coming so that may well be the answer. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain, my DD was born 3 days after yours, and shes teh chunky in the thighs..
Im guessing when she starts to move more, she'll thin out. We have some custom diapers that I refuse to give up on just yet - because I know they will fit her eventually again

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
lararum
Banned

Sounds like you need some prefolds and knitted/crocheted wool.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote