Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Anyone else bored to tears at home, but not really want to go back to work?

I am SO BORED at home. Thats why I started BNC - to stay busy (and the extra $$ helps, lol)....but its NOT working!

I dont want to leave my babies and go back to work, but I dont know how much longer I can do this SAHM thing, lol. I worked part time when ODD was little (about 5 months) and HATED having to leave her...but it was NICE to get out, KWIM?

I kept thinking it would be better with 2 babies, since they are only 19 months apart I figured I would be so busy I wouldnt think about it. Well I am busy alright, but am still BORED BORED BORED.

I need something else to occupy me at home, lol.

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else bored to tears at home, but not really want to go back to work?

Yep! That was me until about a year ago when I got my part time job. I usually work weekend evenings, so I don't miss out on too much time with the kiddos- and DH is there to take care of them (I don't make enough to cover baby sitting). I only take about 3 shifts a month, but its enough to keep me busy, and there's lots for me to do for work when I'm at home (I work at the zoo, so I have to study up on all of my animal facts and knowledge.) Every now and then I'll take a daytime shift on the weekends- I miss my kids, but I LOVE my job, so it all works out.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

yep, PT working is the best solution i've found....I don't think I'd call it bored (for me), I just need adult interaction that doesn't involve the kids....I mean, sure a playgroup is nice, but you're still just "mommy"....I like to be known as me now and then, and not just mommy, kwim?
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I'm with ya!! I worked 2 jobs and 1 on the weekends just to keep myself busy and now I sit at home all day! UGH! I'm thinking about going back to work PT too once we move & trade off days with one of my friends as far as babysitting.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I can totally relate. I didnt want to go back to being an accountant cause of the hours. But needed to interact with adults LOL that is why I started selling tupperware. I do it while they are in bed.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

I found a cool site that has TONS of ideas for stuff to do.

This one

and this one

hope this helps. I am still bored to pieces too sometimes so I feel ya.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Mother Lover
Registered Users
Formerly: Mirandom
seller

My Mood:

I found a job that I could take my kids to (childcare in a gym)....perfect!

I was like you, there were many times when I considered running out the front door with my hands in the air screaming crazy lady talk becuase I had it with caring for kids all day.

But now taking my kids to work, ehhh sometimes I wish I could go on break/to lunch alone (without my kids) but well, that comes with the territory I guess. It's the adult interaction that I miss about being a SAHM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am with you! I am looking into P/T work right now mainly just to keep me sane! I clean and clean and care and care and still feel bored. I also want to have "My Money" since DH has me on an allowance I hate not having the independence to shop and not feel guilty.

I have never gone so long without working and I think I am ready to go back!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep- I definitely get bored of being a SAHM- right now I do have two jobs but they are both from home part time. They keep me busy, but I still have to deal with DD all day long on top of it, and I try not to work unless it's her naptime. The best is when I take her twice a week for mornings to play with her little friend (I pay her mom). But I miss actually talking to people like a real person, it's not the same being at home all alone working! I want to get my 3 kids over and done with so i can maybe one day have a career again!!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I work full-time outside of the home, but stayed home with DD for the day, b/c we were both feeling a bit on the ill side.

And yes, after a couple of hours, I was bored. I wanted adult conversation, adult interaction - something.

I love my daughter, but frankly, we were both pretty bored, I think.

We made cookies, played with her cars and farms... read books, watched a movie... still bored...
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote