Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help!! I could use ANY tips right now

My lo turned 1 today

I nursed her up until about 2 wks ago. We were only nursing once at around 11pm for that last month of nursing. She goes down at 7:30 and wakes at 11pm and I have been giving her a bottle of water instead of nursing her now (tried to nurse her before but she refused to nurse, so I just went with it)
So she will sometimes go right back to sleep and sometimes not, but she is waking like 2 an d 3 times a night now and staying up for a long time when she is up.

Lastnight she woke at 11 and went right back down, then woke at 1am and was up until 3am. I sat in her room and rocked her and she would fall asleep and as soon as I put her in her crib she would scream and start thrashing around. I dont know what to do. This is my fourth daughter ,you would think I would know what to do but I dont. On one hand I want to let her cry, but that is not fair to my other kids that she will wake.

Advertisement

Last edited by lollytreeyarn; 10-08-2009 at 06:59 AM.
lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
MT_ranch_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!! I could use ANY tips right now

DD2 will be 1 on the 14th. She's never.ever.ever been a good sleeper. Only is the past month has she been waking 3 time a night. It's been bliss. She's been cutting out a nursing session on her own for a few weeks now. She's down to once a day and once during the night. DD2 has a whey intolerance so we've had to find alternatives to milk. I know I'm not making enough anymore to satisfy her so we've found something to supplement. She will drink a sippy of warm hemp milk in the middle of the night. She goes right back down with no problems at all.

I would say if your dd just won't go back down, try offering her a bottle of something. She's old enough for regular milk if you want to go that route or there are milk alternatives that offer a really good balance of protein, carbs, and fat.
She just sound like she's still hungry mama!
MT_ranch_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the pp and say that she's probably still hungry. I would try to give her a bottle of something other than water and see if that helps.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
ackeller
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, I'd move her as far away from your other kids as you can for a few nights (maybe a pack n play in your closet if it's big enough or in the master bathroom or something) and let her cry it out. If you sit there and rock her, you are just encouraging her to wake up. One year old is definitely old enough to know that nighttime is sleeping time. : ) You might have to put up with a few nights of fuss, but months of good sleep will more than make up for it!!!

Our DD goes through a waking up phase every few months. If she's genuinely distressed due to a nightmare (balistic screaming, tears, etc) or she is poopy (can tell by the cry), then I happily go in there and take care of her. If she is just whiney and demanding, I let her yell. After about 2 or so nights, she's back to sleeping through again.

Some people think it's mean, but we ALL like to sleep, including her.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

i'm a big believer in NOT letting them CIO, so i would offer her a bottle and keep her in the crib as much as possible. if you have to rock her to sleep, make sure everything is still, quiet, lights out, etc. usually when my
LO thrashes and moves, it's cuz she's hungry, so try a bottle. don't give up!! you're doing the best you can for your DD!!

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
The Simple Little Things
Registered Users

Wink Re: Help!! I could use ANY tips right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
I second the pp and say that she's probably still hungry. I would try to give her a bottle of something other than water and see if that helps.
Yep, I agree with these guys!
The Simple Little Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
carmismom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post
i'm a big believer in NOT letting them CIO, so i would offer her a bottle and keep her in the crib as much as possible. if you have to rock her to sleep, make sure everything is still, quiet, lights out, etc. usually when my
LO thrashes and moves, it's cuz she's hungry, so try a bottle. don't give up!! you're doing the best you can for your DD!!
That. Try offering her milk of some sort and see how she does. It could also be teeth or a growth spurt that is causing her a bit of discomfort.