Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Names: Anyone Still Undecided?

We are still undecided also.... I still love Zoe Mae and we've been saying it so long I can't picture the baby being anybody else but I just feel like we need to have other options and consider other names because we didn't really decide on that one together. I kind of just thought it up and started calling the baby that and dh just went along with it so I never felt like we chose it together. Plus I just keep thinking it might be a boy!

Here's our list...
~Girls~
Zoe Mae
Maeleigh Zo
Maeleigh Ann
Evelyn Mae/May
Ivalyn Mae
Ivy Mae

~Boys~
Landon James
Carson James

Mae/May and James are both family names. My Grandma just passed away and her middle name was May (and my Grandpa's moms middle name was Mae) and DH's dad's name is James.

Chasity, I like all your girls names and I LOVE both Leo and Todd (not sure if I like them together tho)! I'm gonna have to see what dh thinks of Leo!

For some reason it seems so much harder naming the second baby!

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is SO hard to name baby number 2 Its frustrating LOL!

I LOVE Maeleigh Zo that is adorable!!! I like Leo and Todd too... Just not together LOL! Leo and Samuel are family names so we were trying to do something along those lines, but I dont liek the 2 together... GAH!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I decided on my girl's name since my last pg which was a boy so I already had the name ready, Now, I'm second guessing my choice. Anyone ever second guess the choice AFTER choosing the name or even after the baby is already born and named?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chasity, at least you have SOME names!! We're at almost 32 weeks and have NOTHING..not even a hint of anything!!! So don't feel bad, you have more progress than us!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haley!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tryin my eldest ds we had to petition the court to change his name. So yes we changed it. I wanted a diffrent name for ds3 but his dad was stuck on his name. And ds4 and 2 I picked and ds4 dh agreed. I got my heart set on dd name. And then when dh said no I picked another name I then set my heart on that. And now he said yes to my first choice. Now I seen her name 3 other place. I wanted it to be unique!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #17
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nothing over here either. I don't do middle names b/c we don't baptize, etc. doesn't matter... So I only need a first name for each.
I like William for a boy, and maybe Pearl for a girl.

But DH and I have not had a name conversation. Guess I have to find something I like. I am quite picky, but who isn't when it comes to naming their child? Our last name ends with "er" so I will not do a name like Jennifer for a girl, and nix any J names for that matter b/c DH's entire family has a name starting with J and I am not the Dugger family. (don't get me wrong I love the Duggers but everyone's name starting with the same letter is NOT my style)
My daughters' names are Amie and Holly, so I also don't want a name with another long "e" sound if it's a girl....I tend to go with traditional but certainly not popular!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Abbi, Just something to think about but a friend of mine told me that the name Mei Li (pronounced like the name Maeleigh you are thinking about) in chinese means beautiful. I love names with great meanings.
new2allthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh new thats really pretty
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Hi! First time poster (i think), long time reader (of the forum). I'm due in Dec also and we have narrowed it down to 2 boys names (we know it's a boy). Out of your choices I like the first two girl names and neither boy. What about Todd Samuel? I think it just sounds better than Samuel Todd. JMO!! Good luck though mama!