Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
getting ready to go back to work

should i try the week before giving him the pumped milk justduring work hours? im going to pum[ at work but details havent been arranged

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
SazBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: getting ready to go back to work

We found it helpful for the last 3 or 4 days before going to work to gradually go to the work routine, I would pump while DH fed DD a bottole of EBM. Some days were better than others, but it still made me a little more comfortable going back to work knowing that it wasn't going to be a sudden change.

Good luck with it- it can be done!!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SazBaby View Post
We found it helpful for the last 3 or 4 days before going to work to gradually go to the work routine, I would pump while DH fed DD a bottole of EBM. Some days were better than others, but it still made me a little more comfortable going back to work knowing that it wasn't going to be a sudden change.

Good luck with it- it can be done!!
TY! Would you just nurse first thing in the morning lets say around 6:30or so as if you were getting ready for work, then around 8 or when ever first bottle, then pump? That's all I want to do is try and avoid the big sudden change ya know? For both of us. There have been a few appointments we brought expressed milk to and baby did just fine so i'm feeling pretty confident on him being okay I think...I guess moreso wanting to forsee what it'll be like to be gone all day long vs out and about with him and wanting to be sure I send enough milk to daycare I think i'm more nervous about that
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

We tried the bottle once while I was home. Once we saw that he would take the bottle, I decided that I wanted to feed him as much as possible. We did not have any problems with him taking bottles though.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, you definitely want to test and see how he will do. For me, I didn't bother with getting him on a routine. I actually just had him taking a bottle before bed the 2 weeks before I went to work. I wanted to nurse him as much as I could before going back.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
sbolen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would just to make sure.
I didn't do that with DD1 and it took quite some time to get her used to having a bottle three times a day when I went back to work. It was quite frustrating for me and her caregivers!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

I gave a small bottle about every other day just to keep her used to bottles, and I would recommend doing something like that if you aren't sure your baby will take a bottle. But I don't see any point in switching to bottles for a whole week when it's not necessary. I think that's a lot of work and a lot of stress for no reason. I'd rather use that last week home with my baby to just cuddle and nurse her as much as possible while I still can, rather than to practice distancing her from me.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
Mommy-Stacy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by josycat View Post
We tried the bottle once while I was home. Once we saw that he would take the bottle, I decided that I wanted to feed him as much as possible. We did not have any problems with him taking bottles though.
DITTO!
Stacy Active Duty Air Force Medic and LPN (soon to be IDMT!) wife to Joshua (SAHD/full-time student) Mommy to angels Kaidyns Marianne and Nathaniel David (12/08/03-12/08/03), long awaited rainbow baby
Natalie Lauralei
(05/01/07), angels AJ (1/6/08@6weeks) and Jacey Levi(7/13/08@13weeks), surprise rainbow baby Judah Michael (7/30/09) EBF/pumping exclusively CDing
my FSOT
Mommy-Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Mommy-Stacy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Keep in mind too some babies will NOT take a bottle if they know mom is around....that is how my DS is....

good luck, you have to do what works for you...
Stacy Active Duty Air Force Medic and LPN (soon to be IDMT!) wife to Joshua (SAHD/full-time student) Mommy to angels Kaidyns Marianne and Nathaniel David (12/08/03-12/08/03), long awaited rainbow baby
Natalie Lauralei
(05/01/07), angels AJ (1/6/08@6weeks) and Jacey Levi(7/13/08@13weeks), surprise rainbow baby Judah Michael (7/30/09) EBF/pumping exclusively CDing
my FSOT
Mommy-Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He takes a bottle just fine, whether i give it or anyone else...so that's not a problem. I think I'm more nervous about not knowing the times to pump, how much he needs etc. through out the day (thus wanting the 'practice'). My worst fear is not sending enough and thinking of him being hungry. I know that WONT happen..i'm just nervous cuz I didn't experience any of this with my first kiddo.