Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
OT: any of you get vax for flu or h1n1?

Dh just started making my mind boggle. And was talking about how many deaths for the h1N1 there are. And its spazzing me. The dr handed out a pamphlet about it at my last ob. I'm on the fence do I take my chances with me and the kids and not get it. Or do I go and get something which hasn't been tested that no one knows what type of side effects can be caused.

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OT: any of you get vax for flu or h1n1?

NO WAY! No way will myself or my kids be getting this. I won't be a guinea pig for the government
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
ks_girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an OB appointment, and the first question my dr asked was if Id gotten the vaccines yet. To which I had to tell her no and I didnt plan on it. My whole appointment was a lecture/scare tactics to try and change my mind. I still think Im guna stick to my guns and not vaccinate...too much more risk involved in gettin em than not.
ks_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

no vaxes here. But I am admittedly super scared of h1n1 (wasn't before, til i heard of the pg women dying!)- and came down with one flu or another today. more than a little freaked out, i wont lie!!!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_girl View Post
I had an OB appointment, and the first question my dr asked was if Id gotten the vaccines yet. To which I had to tell her no and I didnt plan on it. My whole appointment was a lecture/scare tactics to try and change my mind. I still think Im guna stick to my guns and not vaccinate...too much more risk involved in gettin em than not.
me too!!! He must have asked me 5 times and was like REALLY?? when I said no. DF is a corpsman and they gave and received them. In his experience the shot makes you as sick or sicker than waiting it out and getting the virus. Not only will I not get it, my son will not either
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #6
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks guys ! My whole thing is we don't go anywhere ds is homeschooled. I'm worried about the older boys because they are in public school but they stay with their dad for the school year. But the younger ones we really don't go anyplace. My dad freaks out because we stay home. I am a germaphobe. I carry hand sanitzer if I do have to go out. Its for appts or very limited I don't take the kids. Yes I'm supeRrrrrrr scared sun of it. But ya know a part of me thinks we had it already and just didn't get a positive on the test. I was really sick in july. High fevers etc had all symptoms but the quick test said negative. Wonder if its a plot to make population control???? Makes ya wonder
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't vax, period. BUT even if I did there's proof that it's not safe for pregnant women!.. All I have to say is that vaccine is a bunch of baloney. If you go to www.nvic.org you can watch a video and read more info about H1N1. The vaccine was only tested for a few weeks, AND if you read the package insert from the manufacturer of the vaccine it clearly states:
8.1 Pregnancy
Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine or FLUVIRIN. It is also not known whether Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine or FLUVIRIN can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
8.3 Nursing Mothers
It is not known whether FLUVIRIN or Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine is excreted in human milk. Because many drugs are excreted in human milk, caution should be exercised when Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine is administered to a nursing woman.
Pediatric Use
Safety and effectiveness in pediatric subjects below the age of 4 years have not been established. [see ADVERSE REACTIONS (6) and CLINICAL STUDIES (14)]

So just how can the CDC or ANYONE recommend the vaccine to a pregnant woman??? How can it be recommended to ANYONE at ALL for that matter? It drives me crazy that a practitioner can be that brazen to use scare tactics or bully a pregnant woman into getting the vaccine when they know NOTHING about this vaccine! This is just an example of how drug companies are brainwashing everyone into a state of paranoia over a flu virus that is the same as the seasonal influenza, just originated from a different animal. Jeez!
Here's the link for the package insert, read for yourself!
http://www.fluscam.com/Vaccine_Packa..._UCM182242.pdf
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fanatic- also there was some flu strain going around during the summer- my neighbor's son got it, and what I found funny was that she vaccinates her kids for everything.....but it was not H1N1

Last edited by sharon_k; 10-10-2009 at 07:22 AM.
sharon_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sharon thanks a lot for posting that info. I do believe one day us will be like china 1 kid per family. And most ppl aren't gonna go for it. So if they can mass vax for some scary disease and do something which causes ppl to not be able to reproduce. Then there ya go. Also about the h1 down south it seemed to run very rampant and. Good grief cdc is like 10 miles from me who knows if they leaked this. Isn't it strange this thing has been gone since the 70's now its back? Idk. But thanks so much for posting that info. Also I read elsewhere no one can sue the pharm companies for a side effect or something.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #10
sandmark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is so scary. I was also given the info at my ob yesterday. My school district is giving out free H1N1 vaccinations if parents want their students vaccinated. My major concern is if it's going to be the shot or the nasal spray that they get. If it's the nasal spray then I'm really not supposed to be around them because it contains live virus that can affect me because my immune system is down. Everything I've read says that women in the 3rd tri are at the highest risk of complication.

We are a vaccinating family. I got my regular flu shot last week and we're waiting for more to come in so DH and DS can get theirs. We've all been receiving regular flu shots for years and its been working well for us.

I'm majorly on the fence about H1N1 though. The shot is available without themerisol for pregnant women and children.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.