Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #41
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OT: any of you get vax for flu or h1n1?

none of us will get it (with the exception of dh who has to because it's mandatory for him). We don't even believe in getting the regular flu vax

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #42
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
You know what's so upsetting they are making the military ppl get it. My dad was in the military and they stuck them with so much stuff that wasn't even checked. Agent orange was sprayed in nam and now they are finding out years later that the service people who were exposed are having tons of health problems. Down to diabetes! And then he got a letter to join a national registery one of the bases he was stationed at in the states the water supply was contaminated and can cause certain types of cancers. Absolutely ridiculous these people defend out country yet they are guinea pigs.
yup, my dh has to and I am not happy about it at all and neither is he. Everytime he gets the regular flu vax he gets so deathly ill after for a few days!

Edited to say - I almost forgot though he did find out thankfully he is out of having to do it at the moment because they said since I was high risk it was to dangerous for him to get it and come home with the effects around me!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #43
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh is Army and they haven't made him get it yet! I keep asking him about it and he says they haven't mentioned it yet! He just got more shots a couple days ago, anthrax and had a TB test but no flu shots yet.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #44
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here is a horrible, horrible story that was on fox 5 news recently about a young woman who got a regular, seasonal flu shot- her life is pretty much changed forever. I was so saddened by this story. Watch the video...
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/health/10...ction_dystonia
there is also a link on that page for an update to her story- she got attention from Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy...

Last edited by sharon_k; 10-15-2009 at 10:28 PM.
sharon_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #45
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will NOT be getting vaxed!...
We don't vax anyways, so it wasn't a big decision for us.

My kids' regular ped. is very supportive of our decision to not vax, and hasn't even bothered asking. My sister was asked if she was going to get the vax and I was sooooo proud of her when she declined! She is finally looking into all the info I've been telling her about inregards to vax's!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #46
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

i will not be anyone's test subject.

i have never gotten a flu shot in my life and have also never gotten the flu. i eat healthy, wash my hands and stay away from sick people. i don't ride trains or go into other germ infested areas.

the news is hyping it all up becuase the government ordered too many shots and the pharma companies want to make money. (which i believe is the case with most vaccines especially ones like gardisil and the hep b vaccine)

my OB hasn't even brought it up once and i saw her yesterday so that is good. if they did try and lecture me though i would have quite a mouthful for her.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #47
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think the gov't actually gave the vaccine manuf. quite a bit of $$ to produce the vaccines too. I remember reading that...it's definitely hyped up so the money isn't totally lost.