Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hoarders and the Moby Wrap

Has Anyone ever seen the show Hoarders? You might as well nominate me for that show. I have hundreds of dipes, so why am I looking on FSOT for more nb dipes? It's a sickness, fortunately, i haven't found anything to my liking.

I bought some cotton gauze fabric weeks ago to make a mock moby wrap due to my size, do you think this will work fine or does anyone recommend me getting the real thing? I'm not sure if i'll like adding the tons of fabric to my already massive frame, I love my HOtslings (I have about 7 of them), but got caught up in the hype of the Moby. I'm trying to decide if I need to add it to my registry. I also have a couple of angelpacks and babyhawks.

Have I gone off the deep end? Is this normal third trimester killing time stuff or am I just crazy and in need of an intervention?

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Hoarders and the Moby Wrap

Tryin YOU NEED AN INTERVENTION! just joking. Im laughing so hard because I too am in search of a moby. But I just feel to lazy to make one! I got a lucky sling. a maya pouch sling ( its adjustable sippers and buttons to cover the zips i love that one) and a kangaroo ring sling. i want a hotsling but my size im scared to order it and it not fit! decisions ! but if you go on the show hoarders give me your addy I will come and bring some of your fluff to my house SMILE!!!!!! i too am obsessed with dipes and slings when does it end??
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a moby with ds, which I love, but am in search of something new for this baby... anyone used an Ergo? Thats what I am leaning towards as of now.

I like to diaper search too, but I really dont think I need anymore NB diapers- but I didnt use cloth for ds till he was older, so I dont know excatly what to expect- its better to be over prepared right? hehe

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
Has Anyone ever seen the show Hoarders? You might as well nominate me for that show. I have hundreds of dipes, so why am I looking on FSOT for more nb dipes? It's a sickness, fortunately, i haven't found anything to my liking.

I bought some cotton gauze fabric weeks ago to make a mock moby wrap due to my size, do you think this will work fine or does anyone recommend me getting the real thing?
my moby is a mock one that my sister made for me!! It's about 2-3 feet wide (prob a yard?) and like 15 feet long or something like that. All she had to do was serge the edges. It works perfectly!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
wilcofoxtrot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 4 different carriers and slings. I have a hot sling that I used once, and a ring sling that I tried too, but will try both again this time.

I used the Moby a ton, and would highly recommend it. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it but I felt it was the easiest to use, the most comfortable and my DS loved it. I figure the new baby is going to live in that thing this winter. We used it on a cross country flight when DS was 6 months old, and I was able to strap him in and walk right through security without taking him off because it had no metal.
I also have an Ergo that we used as much as the Moby. I used it with the infant insert when I couldn't get the hang of the Moby, or when I didn't want to deal with the wrapping. I have not tried it with my toddler, because it doesn't fit around my big belly. They are expensive but have great customer service, I lost the waist buckle, and they sent me a replacement for free.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
nevsmom06
Registered Users
seller

Does anybody have any experience putting the moby wrap on their DH? My DH is 5'10" or so and about 200 lbs with broad muscley shoulders..... He was always jealous of my slings and being able to carry the baby so squishy close to me. So I"m on the hunt to find something he can swaddle and carry the baby with too
Old 10-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

They have a not so pricey knock off moby its called parents of invention same concept. I don't know if they make plus size moby's tryin do you know? Or are they standard???
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
wilcofoxtrot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kristen -
I am 5'10" and post partum will be over 200 for the first few months, and it fits me fine. The only issue is that you can't wrap it around your waist twice only once. I think it might work.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

What's the diffrence between a moby and a moby d? Anyone know?? TIA
Old 10-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
wilcofoxtrot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
What's the diffrence between a moby and a moby d? Anyone know?? TIA
I have the Moby D, the only difference is that the center section is not made of the same stretchy fabric as the rest of the wrap. Mine is a silk brocade in the middle, it's just cosmetic. The regular Moby is all the same kind of knit fabric.