Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Jaz_Trio
Registered Users

I dont get it....

Why does EVERYONE's say that Zachary's Cloth diapers are the "reason" behind EVERY problem in that area?!?!

We have had 3 ped's say it, friends, my neighbor! EVERYONE it seems is telling me that Zachary is having "diaper" issues because of all the irritants in CLOTH DIAPERS!

OMG, HELLO do you KNOW what kinds of icky things are IN disposibles?!?!

It makes me soo mad that that's always everyones first though! We went to a new ped yesterday and he looked at Zachary's diapers like "What the hell is this." Then said "And what the heck is this on his butt? Could this be causing these issues?"

ACK!!!! I am soo sick of it!

BTW. Zachary has been having some problems with a skin eating bactera on his penis...and we thought it was gone, now...yesterday I found a blister there...so we had to go back to the doctor!

NOT ONLY THAT....but EVERY doctor looks at him, and asks who cric'd him...its a BIG BIG pet peeve now that he even is...long story as to why...but there is NO way I would EVER put him back "under the knife" now to "fix it" apparently they left to much skin but ACK! DOCTORS!

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I dont get it....

I think I would carry something in my diaperbag that shows CD's are way better than sposies. My pedi actually was awed that we cd'd and thought it was great. Keep hunting for the good pedi's, they are out there.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
driftymaer
Registered Users
seller

I'm not sure about the bacterial infection your ds has but I ended up taking my dd to a dermatologist-after month and months of trying everything. She was actually ending up with bleeding holes in her rear end. It was finally decided that her yeast had turned into a bacterial infection that even the strongest stuff wouldn't clear it up all the way-only keep it at bay for a little while. The dermatologist gave me aclovate to try and it's kept her clear for 2 months now. I had her in disposables and her first ped told me "not to bother" with cloth that it wouldn't help-I looked into it anyway and I'm so glad that I did-I'm positive that using the cloth is one of the main reasons she is still clear. We still use the disposables at nght with the medicine so I don't end up ruining my cloth. maybe your ped will be reasonable and send you to a dermatologist. It couldn't hurt to have one look at it. Good Luck I hope that it clears up for him quickly.
driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #4
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

Hugs, mama. I am blessed to have a ped who appreciates my parenting decisions... Hope you find out what's wrong with DS and get it taken care of...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #5
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs to you mama!! What a bad string of luck & having to deal with yucky people doesn't help at all!! Maybe you could call around & look for a new ped... say you are looking for someone that will support the use of natural products, such as cloth diapers & someone who will not try to talk you into re-circing, as you are not interested! We have yet to find a family doc or ped that didn't drive us crazy with thier bs, but I hope you have better luck in your search!!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
Kele
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our ped is not very supportive either and makes nasty comments about us not giving her flouride and that we cd and that I didn't give her solids before 6 months. Yeah, I'd love to switch, but with Medicaid, where ya gonna go? :sad:
Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #7
Jaz_Trio
Registered Users

Thats our problem too Kele! All the "good" peds that everyone talks about, dont take our insurance!

And since we JUST got this new guy, he wants to do "his" round of stuff before sending us to anyone. Zachary was supposed to go see a Uroligest on Friday but the old ped never sent in the referal, so we could not go! ARG

Last edited by Jaz_Trio; 04-27-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Jaz_Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 AM   #8
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

(((Jenn)))
I am so sorry that you have such jerks as Docs! I'd also print out some info about cloth dipes vs. sposies and next time you see him, hand all material over to him!

I hope your lil' one will get better soon, poor guy! (((Hugs)))
Old 04-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

{{{hugs}}}

I'm sure their concern is that the diapers aren't getting "cleaned" well enough to kill the bacteria, so he keeps getting re-infected. If it is, I'm sure there's info out there about how washing kills bacteria, right?

I hope you can find a solution for your poor little guy!!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
Jaz_Trio
Registered Users

Oh well I know the diapers are clean...I have stripped them to make sure, and we always use TTO and vinigar in every wash to help, as well as using the sun when we can...So I am thinking (or hoping?!) Its not that...we have no bubbles, and have had no issues at all from 10 months (when we worked out the washing routine) and now...till this started! I dont know what else to do, but I am sick of using steroids on my son's "thing" KWIM?