Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Colonoscopy while nursing..... Help!

Long back story:

I have a lot of GI issues as the result of emergency surgery about seven years ago to repair my ovaries and intestines and remove cysts. Since then, I have had two c-sections and another abdominal surgery to try to fix all the mess. I mostly have problems with adhesions, recently to the point of bowel obstructions. I am going in for another surgery this fall but my surgeon is requiring me to have a colonoscopy prior, to determine what kind of a mess things are....again.

So today:

I am on a liquid diet and will not be able to eat until late tomorrow afternoon. I am nearly exclusively nursing DD2 (one year old) as she has FPIES and does not have many safe foods to sustain her. I feel like I am WAISTING AWAY! Since DD eats sooooo much, I am usually eating ALL day (and still loosing weight). I did get broth, juice, Popsicles etc, but I am starving already!

Question:

Has anyone had a colonoscopy while nursing? Tell me how you survived! I feel like grabbing a hard boiled egg and canceling =). I know I can't as I have been in ER twice in the last three months due to my tangled guts.

Any help, suggestions, prayers, distractions (some threads are a good read today) would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Colonoscopy while nursing..... Help!

Can't offer any suggestions on the procedure but I do have distractions and prayers. Dh put feedly on my phone(android not sure what the apple equivalent is) and I added a bunch of vintage blogs! It is serious eye candy and passes the time (except that I want to sew every dress I see)! If you want I can list all the blogs I follow.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #3
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Cool, I would check out a few! Thanks.
I was thinking of sewing something but I am also here alone with the girls and it is rainy so they might not cooperate.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshebby View Post
Cool, I would check out a few! Thanks.
I was thinking of sewing something but I am also here alone with the girls and it is rainy so they might not cooperate.
My newest dd does not like to be put down and won't sit in the carrier while I sew. So at least for the next few months I will have to live vicariously through the blogs.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I have wanted to join the YYS thread, but don't get to do much sewing anymore =).
I did get a chance to make DD1 an outfit for her American girl doll and a coordinating one for her this weekend. Turned out cute and now I have the itch to do more! Need about an hour or so though to sort through my sewing area and decide what to do! (Not going to happen though)

Attachment 181095

The doll has a tunic, pair of leggings and a tutu (pant legs ARE the same length, bad picture). DD1 wanted a skirt instead of a dress which was my original plan.

Last edited by Tshebby; 08-24-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love my dress- it is a wedding blog with stories and pictures from all over the world.
Dolly creates- makes all her own clothes.
Va-voom vintage- one of my favorite blogs. She is a
plus sized woman who went from sweats to vintage. I read the whole blog in a week.I love her attitude.
Chronically vintage- she is Canadian and has some chronic illness (I haven't read what if she says). But she shares lots of recipes and vintage outfits.
Vixen vintage- cute dresses
We heart vintage- lots of neat vintage pictures and stories.
Vintage dancer- so much information on anything vintage. They have the history of fashion,hair styles,make up ect.
Damn you auto correct- funny things auto correct changes things to (some of it contains swear words).
People of walmart- my daily reminder of how not to dress!(definitely not kid friendly)
She knits in pearls- sews and knits her clothes, lots of nice pictures
Oh so lovely vintage-nice pictures.
Lamebook- daily reminder of why I don't have Facebook!
That should be a good start,I don't remember the rest. Some of them I just scan through the pictures and others I read what they write and a few I have read all at once because they were fascinating to me.

Last edited by booty hunter; 08-03-2015 at 02:26 PM.
booty hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #7
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Great, thanks!
I will take a look. And I also plan to try and nap with my little later. That will help pass the time.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #8
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

The outfits are so cute! I love to make doll clothes but my kids don't play with doll clothes at all! I have over 70 brand doll new skirts and dresses that I haven't even bothered to put out. The little girls like to carry the dolls around naked and the older ones don't play with them. I also have at least 50 doll diapers made of pul and fleece with snaps or Velcro but no one will use them either. I would love to sell them because they aren't doing me any good sitting in a box but I am not even sure how much to charge or where to begin listing them.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #9
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Wow! With that amount, I would say maybe a local mom to mom sale booth. Especially if sold in sets or lots, they would make awesome Christmas gifts. I would imagine some families on here would consider them also.

DD just started really liking her new doll this past year. Grandma got it for her for Christmas.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #10
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by booty hunter View Post
The outfits are so cute! I love to make doll clothes but my kids don't play with doll clothes at all! I have over 70 brand doll new skirts and dresses that I haven't even bothered to put out. The little girls like to carry the dolls around naked and the older ones don't play with them. I also have at least 50 doll diapers made of pul and fleece with snaps or Velcro but no one will use them either. I would love to sell them because they aren't doing me any good sitting in a box but I am not even sure how much to charge or where to begin listing them.
Ooh, are the outfits AG doll size?
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote