Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #101
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ~Mama Cloth~ Testimonial Thread

I'd been thinking about trying MC, and came on the off-topic board to post a question, and there was this thread! I want to buy a few and make a few. Thanks for all the links included to pattern and online shops!

I keep thinking about my sister while reading this! I don't have very rough periods, but she does--super heavy and horribly crampy, plus migraines. I wonder if I could convince her to try it...

Advertisement

mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #102
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
the more you have then the less often you have to wash and the less wear and tear on the pads so they will last longer. I have about a million pads (well almost ) but I still wash every other day because I toss them in with whatever needs washing. I use heavy pads for my first day (then wash them because I've moved on to light pads) then light pads for another 2 days and the wash them to move on to pantyliners.

Minkee doesn't stain and is super soft which is why it is my favorite. Bamboo and cotton do stain but you can sun out the stains or use peroxide and pre-rinse to help avoid them.

I don't know if it'll make your period lighter but it did for me and many others. It's worth a try for comforts sake alone.

So no special washing? Would you wash with diapers?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #103
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have washed with dipes and I wash them with towels or even clothes. If it's a really soaked pad you may want to pre-rinse so it doesn't stain your diapers but I have never had a problem. I wash and dry just like anything else.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #104
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

If unconvinced use some doublers, prefolds, flats, or anything else you have around for a day or 2 and see what you think. You will most likely be buying mama cloth for the next cycle. The smell, burning, itch, and cramps of a "normal" cycle are not really normal.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #105
Rebeldream
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
If unconvinced use some doublers, prefolds, flats, or anything else you have around for a day or 2 and see what you think. You will most likely be buying mama cloth for the next cycle. The smell, burning, itch, and cramps of a "normal" cycle are not really normal.
Great suggestion, Mama!!

Swagbucks Pre-PL'ing Diaper Stash My Love of Cloth Rebel MCloth Tutorial
Rebeldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #106
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
Good idea! And you are SO RIGHT about those things not being normal. The absence of chemicals in cloth pads alleviates all of this and makes everything so much more pleasant.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #107
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I LOVE my mama cloth!! I purchased mine for postpardom use and it was great. I never had that uncomfortable humid feeling down there like I have had with disposable pads. I sing mama cloth praises to anyone willing to listen and have actually converted 2 friends already! I just had one tell me how much she loves them and she is looking forward to buying more. My 14 year old cousin is saving her babysitting money so that she can buy some from GEM. She told me she goes onto hyenacart weekly just to look at them as she is soooo excited to buy some. I just bought some new pantyliners from Treehugger and I told my DH that it is sad how much I am looking forward to receiving them. It makes me dread AF that much less.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #108
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first MC arrived 5 days ago, and so far I've converted 2 ppl. I am sold!! lol. It took me a long time to try it, but I've been reacting to every other kind of pad/tampon I've tried, it was a move of desperation. lol. Seriously though - no itchy feeling, no cramps, lighter flow, AF is better all around, plus the cloth ones are cute
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #109
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama cloth!!! I just used my new pads for my first cycle and they were SO SO SO comfy. I can't wait to bleed again so I get use more!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #110
cowboysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok, I may have just been converted...