Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #261
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ~Mama Cloth~ Testimonial Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Anyone care to answer? What are your favorites?!

Favorite top layer : bamboo velour, sometimes flannel

Favorite absorbent layer : I don't think there's just one I like. For instance, I like New Moon's all flannel (backed with fleece) pads at night (a slightly thicker pad than most of mine but luxurious at night). For day, I have pads with hemp/cotton filling, zorb filling, bamboo filling, etc. I haven't figured out much about the fillings yet. As long as they aren't thick or stiff, most of the fillings have suited me well. I like to have some extremely low profile ultra-thin ones and some slightly thicker (but still thin) ones.

Favorite backing: Fleece and NO PUL

Favorite length for liners : 9 or even 10" (I seem to spot from front to back!)

Favorite length for day pads : 9.5-12" depending on day

Favorite length for overnight/postpartum : 11-14"

Do you like different options (lots of different fabrics, styles, different absorbecy in all sizes, ect.) or simplicity? (light liners, moderate regular length, heavy long length, all minky or all bamboo, ect.) : I do like the option of having moderate or light absorbencies in the longer lengths. I do better with petite widths in some of the brands that offer those. I do enjoy cuteness, especially since it is something I hope to be staring at for 8-10 years to come but will take a good deal in the right type of fabrics too. I love to look through the brands that have tons of unique and cute patterns, but if they aren't the right materials for me, I resist buying.

Exposed fleece (on the wings, like pampered mama, go with the flo, ect.) or all fabric tops including wings (like tree hugger) : Exposed fleece. The exceptions to that would be Party in my Pants and Fussybutt Moonbow.

What is most important to you assuming they both function well - cuteness, or price?: I hope to generally find both with a bit of compromise allowed. After trying some very cheap ebayed pads that were bad for me, I actually bought a couple of the more expensive brands before I discovered some of the cheaper high quality ones out there. While I do have some buyer's remorse (items that I think I could have gotten cheaper or better or better-for-me with a bit more knowledge) I'm generally preferring those more expensive brands that I had picked up to alternatives I have researched or bought. Again assuming one isn't going to recycle pads continuously, it is nice to have (more than not) "just the right thing" if using it for many years.
Debcita

Advertisement

Last edited by debcita429; 04-13-2013 at 04:17 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #262
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
The essence of eve has my favorite pantyliners. For OBV ones, they're less than $5/liner, with $1 shipping on any size order. The flannel topped ones are even cheaper
http://hyenacart.com/theessenceofeve...r-Starter-Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
I'm loooving essence of eve right now and tree hugger overnight pads.
Thank you ladies!!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #263
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm bumping this thread to raise awareness for women (like me!) who don't (didn't ) know anything about MC. I'm intrigued, and I may even go out on a limb and give it a try!
My work in progress BLOG

Last edited by SweetMamaKaty; 04-14-2013 at 12:25 AM.
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #264
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty View Post
I'm bumping this thread to raise awareness for women (like me!) who don't (didn't ) know anything about MC. I'm intrigued, and I may even go out on a limb and give it a try!
If you use sposie pads, please do! They are so so much better. I use MC before I ever cd'd. They are so much gentler on your lady bits. The sposie companies don't tell you when they change formulas and loads of women end up with infections & irritations from that. I know because I had issues with heavy flow after DS3 was born and used some sposies. Huge issues followed and a trip to the ob/gyn was a must. I was asked what pads I used. It was on their list of reformulated pads & they had an influx of women in for a visit just like me. I had that probem start back in November and I am still dealing with issues from it. No way I will use sposies again. I placed an order for 2 super long post partum pads from PinkLemonade on Etsy after last month's visit. I'm actually looking forward to AF this month.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #265
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm nervous about DH's reaction, but as it in no way will affect him, I don't think I have too much to worry about. His one stipulation for us cloth diapering was that the rest of the normal laundry not pile up, so this shouldn't be a problem.
My work in progress BLOG
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #266
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll never forget DH's reaction when I got my first MC in the mail..he's like "Cloth for..you? Like..for..like cloth diapers..but..for you?"
Ya, he thought I was a crazy women
Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #267
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

He hee A little mind-blowing!
My work in progress BLOG
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #268
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I think dh is just use to my werdioness. When I started mama cloth he just said well all righty then and left it at that. Lol

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #269
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicymustard View Post
I think dh is just use to my werdioness. When I started mama cloth he just said well all righty then and left it at that. Lol
Pretty much what mine said too.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #270
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
I'll never forget DH's reaction when I got my first MC in the mail..he's like "Cloth for..you? Like..for..like cloth diapers..but..for you?"
Ya, he thought I was a crazy women
LOL i have been considering mc for a while now. DH is... Concerned
And since DD is PLing it will give me something new to stalk/obsess over.
So any thong wearers want to weigh in here? I mostly wear thongs, and use a cup during the day, so really would need some good thong liners. I'm just concerned about the snap... Tell me you dont feel it! And for the crafty ones - are you using the diaper sized snaps? 20's i think?