Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #31
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tuesday Daffodil Chat

Loool ariana cute dream. Toby great deal on the dented door I love sales. Like that. Dalayna beautiful longies. Ok so I have a question I want to cd my ds he is about 33 pounds. I'm thinking to try prefolds how do I know what to get ? Like size. I think they will be easier to wash then aio KWIM. Tia. Haley great work on the set.

Advertisement

Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #32
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ariana- Cute dream!

Rebecca- Totally creepy! I think a child birth doll is cool, but that particular one is scary looking.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #33
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic4cloth View Post
Loool ariana cute dream. Toby great deal on the dented door I love sales. Like that. Dalayna beautiful longies. Ok so I have a question I want to cd my ds he is about 33 pounds. I'm thinking to try prefolds how do I know what to get ? Like size. I think they will be easier to wash then aio KWIM. Tia. Haley great work on the set.
You can get toddler sized PF's at Nickis Diapers http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=214.

However if your son is long and skinny you might be able to get away with the premium size. My DD is 26 lbs and we used the premium PF's and there was PLENTY of extra room. We always had to fold them down.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #34
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that doll is crazy! Although I've seen some pretty "out there" birth art. I saw one series of small paintings called "Labiation", which was created by the artist spreading paint on her labia and then sitting on top of the canvas. I kid you not.

I'm not planning on having my kids attend the birth. I think Lydia would ask a lot of questions (which would get annoying) and Juliet is just too young--she'd probably freak out (she cries whenever anyone else does). However I'm having a hb and if I go into labor overnight I'm not really planning to wake them out to get them out of the house, so I guess there is a chance they could wake up and be around. My mom is supposed to come collect them when I'm in labor.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #35
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
Wow that doll is crazy! Although I've seen some pretty "out there" birth art. I saw one series of small paintings called "Labiation", which was created by the artist spreading paint on her labia and then sitting on top of the canvas. I kid you not.

I'm not planning on having my kids attend the birth. I think Lydia would ask a lot of questions (which would get annoying) and Juliet is just too young--she'd probably freak out (she cries whenever anyone else does). However I'm having a hb and if I go into labor overnight I'm not really planning to wake them out to get them out of the house, so I guess there is a chance they could wake up and be around. My mom is supposed to come collect them when I'm in labor.
Someone actually did that and called it ART?! That is vulgar! Yuck!!

My kids would ask a lot of questions as well! We are still working on answering how Daddy helped Mommy get the baby in my tummy! LOL!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #36
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol we haven't approached that question yet . I think mostly she'd be like "mommy why are you making all those noises?...why are you naked?...why are you scary?...can I get in the pool?...please may you get me a snack?"

I'd just rather not deal with at that moment.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #37
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Melanie, on another board I have been on for years there were a bunch of women that got into that "art". lOL!

My oldest was there my 2nd birth when she was 4. then the next birth they both attended - ds was 2 1/2 (how fun having your 2 yr old tell people on an elevator that the baby came out of mommy's butt!!! ). next birth everyone attended as well, the youngest was 5. Last time everyone was sleeping & we didn't bother waking the - but ds who was 12 heard me screaming & came upstairs - he thought dh & I were fighting since I had been yelling at dh the night before! LOL! he helped with the birth, the girls all walked in after...
This time I dont know if they will be there or not - I think ds would rather not at this point (he almost threw up after #4 was born when he was 8ish, I think he has seen all the birth he wants to see at this point! LOL).
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #38
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sun I think you gave him a mental image for life he will probably be scared to impreganate anyone looool. At least he will have a vivid picture of what happens. After. Relations. Looooool I haven't had the talk with ds1 omg no way. The worst is when ds3 didn't take a nap and we had just moved and me and dh were in the heat of the deed and ds was young he faked sleeping so we thought he was sleeping. He asked when we went out of our bedroom why was I screaming oh baby. My face was red I was so embarassed I was pregnant with ds4 I said sweetie the baby was moving LOOOOOOL ds 4 thinks baby sister is cooking in the oven and she will pop with a timer when she is done cooking. I rather leave it at that.
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #39
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That would be the nastiest art!!!! I wouldn't be able to touch it!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote