Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #11
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619 View Post
Ok, so I'm getting ready to go back to work soon and I'm trying to start building my stash up. Well pumping on my right side works really well, but I can't for the life of me get much or anything out of my left side. I'll sit and sit for about 20 minutes before I just give up. I'm lucky if I can even cover the bottom of the bottle if I pump on my left side. What gives??? Pumping my right side I don't have any problems with and DD can sit and eat off of the left just fine too. I hate pumping
I'm no expert AT ALL on pumping. I couldn't ever get much out of my breasts at all by pumping (maybe 8 oz TOTAL the whole time I BF'd). But, if I started the flow first and then pumped I might could get a little bit. Have you tried starting the flow manually, with baby, hand expressing, your own mouth if you can reach, or DH? Perhaps starting the flow first would help?

Advertisement

PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, whenever she eats or I pump on the right side I feel my left side letdown. Thanks for all the advice! Tried again this morning and I got a bit more then yesterday, but not much at all

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there Sara, You'll get it. With my first I had a very hard time at first. I used an Avent Isis Uno for the first few months and then got a PISA and it made a big difference just to have a different style and the first week I pumped I got 8 oz Total by the end of the week. The next week was better and when I got back to work it was fine. It just takes time. I also got less if DH was watching me pump, or even in the room for that matter. Good Luck.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sars- how's it going? I know you started this process a while ago now. Emmitt started having trouble with throwing up after nursing this weekend so I've been pumping and bottle feeding Now this week at work, I'm having the same problem. I'm having trouble getting enough for him period, but my left side has just tanked. Hoping you've gotten yours worked out and can help me get through the same thing as well.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
Carolina Kel
Registered Users

My Mood:

You could also try massaging your breasts. It helps a lot when I pump and sometimes have a stuck or stubborn breast. Here's what Dr. Sears recommends - he says it better than I can!

Massaging your breasts: Giving your breast just the right touch can help trigger your letdown, especially if your breasts are engorged, your nipples are sore, or your baby is impatient.

1. Apply a warm compress to your breast, such as a warm towel or cloth diaper soaked in warm water. Then, with your fingertips, stroke from the top of the breast down and over the nipple, using a light feather touch. This helps you relax and helps stimulate your oxytocin.

2. Using a motion similar to the one you use when examining your breasts, massage the milk-producing glands and ducts by pressing the breast firmly with the flat of the fingers into the chest wall, beginning at the top and working in a spiral down toward the areola. Massage in a circular motion a few strokes at a time before moving to another spot.

3. While leaning forward, gently shake your breasts, allowing gravity to encourage the stimulation to release milk.

This process really works for me! Best of luck mama! And keep up the good work!
Carolina Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How does Dr. Sears know so much about boobies? hehe!!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #17
Carolina Kel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy View Post
How does Dr. Sears know so much about boobies? hehe!!
I think he's got a hands-on education... how else do you explain that big brood of his
Carolina Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hehe, you girls are funny. I haven't really had much change with the left side. I can get about an oz. now..then it just stops - it all comes after i feel the letdown (ok, seriously, why the heck is it even called that?!?!) Then i get that milk out, my left side is done apparently. but maybe it will be different once i go back to work and only am pumping a few times at work w/out a boob leech on me all day. I hope she doesn't get confused. Hadley, I hope you and emmitt get a good nursing relationship back soon so you can have that special time after work. So far i've got 17 oz stored up. So what, about 1.5 works days?? not even

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson

Last edited by VWgurl619; 10-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sara- he's back and forth. Sometimes he does GREAT, and then other times he screams, so who knows! Hopefully it'll get better for you once you go back to work. Just put pictures of baby Maddie all over your office.