Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thurs Daffodil chat

responding to yesterday
Fan the screw backs are great. Jas has them and they are the only earring we can get to stay in her ears. She has an allergy just like i do to fake jewelry so her earring are not cheap. All of her other earrings are missing their backs. We finally broke down and bought her screw backs. they are great.

as far as snappis. I have searched the threads here and emailed a few mamas. we ll see

ugg more cleaning. it never stops. Last night i had wicked bad BH for hours but it did stop. I think im going to say soemthing to my mw today at my appt. With Jas I was 3 cm dialated for a month so we ll see.

Advertisement

bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thurs Daffodil chat

Bry they had 22kt gold earrings for as low as 85.00 and then you can talk them down a bit. I love screw backs. Also hispanic jewelry stores carry 10 k and 14 k gold ones but I really don't like their screw backs they are little tiny balls. And PIA to get on. I got myself a pair of the 22kt gold ones they are small I don't like to take out my earrings so I didn't wanna buy another dangly pair. They have saphires emerald and rubies in them I apid 100 for them I got them for half of what they were asking. I told dh that. He can go get her a few more pairs of the cheaper ones so she isn't wearing the same ones from her set all the time. I would definately mention to your mw about that. I am feeling this little girl is so low I huff and puff to just get my socks on! We have to go to tennesse this weekend to see dh's best friend and dh works monday evening so no better time for a little romance ehhh! Dh found a nice little suite in gaitlinburg for 99 a night jacuzzi the whole 9 so I'm going to sit in there won't make it hot though but just feel the relaxing atmosphere. Anyone else look at their house and just say ughhhh you want to clean it but no energy to do it??? Oh the funny thing is my mom won't sign off on the van which was ruined in the flood. And we called our attorney to tell her attorney my mom needs to sign it or else they won't pay the claim and then my dad is stuck with it! And it doesn't move. So the attorney said can I ask you a question I said sure she said is she your mom? I said yes she said I mean bio mom. I said yes. She said I would have never known the way she looked when she said all he cares about is him and HIS daughter. I said nope that is how it has always been I have been a spawn in her side. That's a shame really that a woman can stoop so low as to that and no one would know I was her daughter. Other then obviously we are like night and day. Oh well sigh I guess I will never have to take care of her when she is crapping on herself in old age. Got to go to the peri
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! So I'm placing an order with sewcraftybaby (after seeing someone recommend them in yesterdays chat), I have 2 snappis, 2 sets of pins, and a thirsties duo cover in my cart for $19.50 and free shipping. Does that sound good? I didn't check other sites to see if I could find it cheaper.

I wasn't going to throw in a cover but I can't find the duo covers on fsot so I figured getting a new one would be ok. I usually get used stuff from fsot if at all possible but since I can't find them on fsot....

I'm so nervous about money these days! We just don't have a whole lot to work with since we have too many bills right now! I hate it! I still need to order the birth kit from In His Hands and pick up a few more things from the supply list for our homebirth. And we still need a few more things diaper wise but at least now I will have snappis and pins on the way.

Bry, I know how you feel about the cleaning! It really never ends! We have a tiny little house and its still never ends! It is easier to keep up with but I'm still constantly cleaning. And we don't have a dishwasher so I have to hand wash all our dishes which I don't mind doing too much as long as I can do it everyday so it dosn't get away from me. I don't like having a whole pile to deal with!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH and I are having major issues about who will be there when baby is born. I said only my mom, sister and BFF.
He got mad because he wants a bunch of friends that I've never met there.
I said no because it's not like a hospital birth where they sit in the waiting room, this is a house, and I might want to walk around the livingroom and not be surrounded by people I don't want there!!!!

He rolled his eyes and gave me a bunch of sh*t. I told him when he gives birth, then he can choose who is there!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bry- When Ben Franklin said the only certainties are death and taxes he was forgetting about cleaning. It never ends, until you die, then someone else takes over.

Fan- I am so sorry that you are going through all this stuff with your parents. It must be really hard dealing with a person like that. My moms mom is pretty terrible. Abandoned her when she was young, but now my mom supports her. Uhg!

Abbi- That sounds like a decent price to me. I am not sure how much thirsties normally run for, but sounds good for your average cover. If you are concerned about money/diapers I would recomend Wonder Wraps. They are a one size diaper. My DD wore them from about 6 months (she was a REALLY small baby) up until she potty trained. They are sturdy, work well (although they do start to stink faster than others), and you can usually find them cheap on FSOT.

Ariana- HUGE eye roll to your DH wanting his friends there. I totally agree with you. A home birth is so not like a hospital birth. When people are there they are in the way (unless they are there for a reason). Until he pushes a baby out his pee hole he can shove it!

AFM-My tummy has been upset lately. I threw up for the first time in months the other morning. Smells are starting to really get to me. I had to have DH go get my cloths from the closet in the bedroom because I cannot stand the smell of the exposed insulation (or whatever that smell is). Uh!

DH got some "good" news. He applied for a new job that would pay him (once he is fully trained and taking on-call time) about what we are making combined. It is a different position in the dame department he already works in. The department head came up to him the other day and warned him that he probably wouldn't hear anything for a few weeks because they are holding our for someone who has previous experience. BUT no one with experience had applied yet (hence the holding out) and that she seriously doubted that they were going to find an experienced person for both the open positions. So when they go to hire the "inexperienced" person she is going to be looking for someone she knows, someone within the department, etc. etc. and she kept pointing at DH. It seemed like one of those round about unofficial ways of saying, "You got this, just be patient." I am super excited! Plus all of the other techs in that department are excited that he applied. He told his current boss and she was happy for him, but bummed that he would be leaving. So I think he is a shoe in. Now it is a matter of when we hear back.

The down side to all of this is that he is going to be taking three weeks off when the baby comes. That doesn't sound so good in an interview.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

toby that is great news. But remember dont count the chickens until they are hatched. I really hope he gets it it will be great for your family! but i always myself dont set my heart to something because sometimes plans change sigh.

anyhow i had my peri appointment they are upping my med for the bs at night to 5 mg versus 2.5 so I think that should help. I seen the baby finally she is laying across not head or feet down ughh! anyhow she let us glimpse her face briefly it looks like she has chipmunk cheeks i wanted to pinch them. She looks like daddy 100% from what i can tell. i hope she gets colored eyes though! i sooo cant wait to meet her she is 3 pounds 14 ounces and she is in 29th percentile for growth. I am going to cd ds when we are home and sposies at night and outside. if me and dh are somepalce or we go somewhere because i dont expect dad to know what to do with cloth. ok ladies have a great day i get to go get my haircut tommorow wooo hooo!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Toby-I hope things work out with the job and her your DH. I probably wouldn't mention the baby vaca during the interview though! But that's just me! And yes, my DH can shove it when it comes to who is allowed during the birth!!!! They can visit the baby once I feel up to it! Especially with all this H1N1 stuff going around, and we don't vax, I don't want not only my newborn, but me, him, and the girls exposed to anything!...Especially IN MY HOUSE!!!

My Dad is on my sh*t list today! Before he makes excuses for not doing crap on his own, he starts with a list of "I didn't sleep good...I have heartburn, I'm cramping, I'm dizzy....ect!" I told him I have the *SAME* symptoms AND I have a baby living inside me!!!!!.....

BEAT THAT!!!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ariana my dad is the same flippin way! Omg they sound like twins seperated at birth too bad we didn't live closer to each other we could let the old farts hangout and give us a break. At least he isn't crapping on ur floor and toilet seat looooool or is he??? Those colostomies can get horrible. And everywhere. The way I take it they should be darn greatful they have us or they can go and stay in the old fart home and complain about how much they are spending for it. And get crappy care and eat whatever the cook decides. Right they should be thankful but they won't get it. Does ur dad use the net mine does and when he ticks me off I put old fart homes and or assisted living facilities searches up on his computer so he can see it LOOOOOOL EVIL I KNOW! And I love when he mumbles. F her. S c r e w her lool I'm not going anywhere. But it knocks him right off his high horse. If he doesn't go get some brochures he might get the hint!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Toby how exciting about your dh getting a different position (if I understood that correctly)! I hope he gets it! I hope you start feeling better! Theres not something in the insulation and stuff that might be making you sick is there?

The thirsties duo cover was $12.50 but I got snappis and pins also. I tried the wonder wraps OS cover with Nadia when she was 3 months old and it was HUGE on her! I never even used it, just tried it on her and then sold it! It was so bulky but they may have changed them since then, that was in Feb 07. I hope I like the Thirsties duo tho! I've seen pics of it on NBs and it looks really trim!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:

Abbi I bought some thirsties covers used from a local momma they look amazing also bummis whisper wraps I paid 3 for the thirsties and 6 for the bummis they are like new condition.