Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

you can get snap covers if the snaps are leaving marks on him, just fyi

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddle1 View Post
you can get snap covers if the snaps are leaving marks on him, just fyi
Oooh, so what are these snap covers like? Where do you get them?
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I forgot my biggest diaper mistake! Right after we switched from diaper service to our own cloth, I bought a bunch of brand new made in Hungary "no-name" AIO's (I didn't know what all in one's were like, as we had only used fitteds) from Craigslist. The outside is like a plastic, and the snaps are metal. They are huge! They might fit the boys when they are 3! (Hopefully we will be out of diapers by then!)

If anyone local wants them, come and get them!
33andunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
groovybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too was determined to love gdiapers - when I was still pregnant with my second, I bought a couple of starter packs and was determined to make a go of them with prefolds as cloth inserts. Little did I know that my second ds would be built entirely different from my first ds - while my first was 20lbs by four months, my youngest ds didn't hit 20lbs until a year! His super-skinny legs resulted in MAJOR leaks with gdiapers. Just my personal experience with gdiapers and my skinny-legged baby. He would probably be fine in them now that he is really starting to get solid (at 16 months!). I've tried lots of different dipes (prefolds, Kissaluvs, Motherease, goodmamas, Fuzzi Bunz, Bumgenius, Kushies) and everything caught the pee and poop (with the exception of the gdiapers that were used only on a newborn).
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Oooh, so what are these snap covers like? Where do you get them?
eta: found them !! http://hyenacart.com/piddlepoddles/i...p?c=29&p=14374

Last edited by Liddle1; 10-19-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddle1 View Post
Ahah! What a clever adaption!

Last edited by Winter; 10-20-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: siggy
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aahhh!! i realllly dislike kushies!! i have had nothing but issues with them. they fit my daughter just fine, but they leak like no tomorrow! if she pees, everything gets wet! even with putting a kushies cover over them.

But i am not selling them and going to cut them up for rags when my girl grows out of them. never never ever ever going to get kushies again!!
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, I have tried and sold so many diapers over the last two years, sometimes it is hard to remember!
Love:
preston's pants - they fit my son perfectly! And so cute! They tend to be my diaper splurges, birthdays, christmas and such!
Domestic Miracles - HC great service, good fit, good product
My diaper addiction - HC, great service, Cdn Mama!
Motherease - my workhorse diapers and covers!
AMP diapers - MB mama! I like the pockets and they still fit my son, who is very tall and skinny!
Goodmama - I like the T&T version, not the serged ones.
Living waters - not a diaper, but wonderful tunisian crochet! Great Mama to work with!

In between:
Bum genius - good fit, but elastic gave out in a year and I had to convert the velcro to snaps - Loved the AIO for my son when he was a NB, but I kept it for the next baby and now the elastic is shot - not sure if I want to spend the $ for more.

Didn't work for us, most bought used so no way to know how they were taken care of before and if their were elastic issues, etc. :
Blueberry OS, just did not compare to my preston's pants and cost more
sbish bamboo diapers - fit ok, but I am not a big fan of the three snaps on each side and they leave red marks on my son
luke's drawers - positive is she is a Cdn Mama and her service is good, just not a good fit on my son.
Goodmama - serged ones, elastic too snug and left red marks on my son and he grew out of the rise at 2 years of age
HH pocket - leaked on us, not sure if it was my error as it was when we were beginning...
Drybees - same as HH's
loveybums - bought off spots so maybe more used that stated, but they were pretty crunchy and did not soften up, and just did not fit my son right

Hmm, at least now I know what I like right! Now hopefully this new one on the way will fit what their brother fit! Or I have to start again...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
orionbaby
Registered Users

Wonderworks diapers. Bought a dozen for $300 and the elastic on every single one was completely shot within 6 weeks. Grr.
orionbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
dazed81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, my worst ever diapering experience was also my best ever "initial" diapering experience. When I started using Thirsties AIO's for daycare when DD was like 3 months old and i went back to work (so about two years ago) I thought I had found NIRVANA. I loved those things. Everything about them. I was so meticulous with them. Then, we started having CONSTANT leaking around the leg gussets. They were just a few months old and suddenly they were all leaking. the person who sold me the diapers was a WONDERFUL Business owner and went to bat for me with Erin at Thirsties, because Erin told me the issue was my own, and that it due to improper care. I knew it was NOT and so I started connecting with other moms online and found that a LOT of people had this issue. At the time, I had a dozen mediums AIO's and a dozen small AIO's that I had purchased new at $17.50 a diaper, all of which were still under warranty AND all leaking. That's $414.00 of diapers, in case you are wondering. And Erin at Thirsties WOULD NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY and refused to replace them or even give me a percentage off the purchase of V2 diapers. I was so furious. I sold all of those diapers on FSOT, although once the V2 came out to fix the leaking issues, and blatantly removed the fabric from the insides of the leg gussets, the resale at DS on V1 went down $11 per diaper. I lost a lot of money.

Prior to that experience I used all Thirsties prefolds, and also All thirsties covers, and all Thirsties AIO's. the only other diapers I had were BGOS that I was using at that time (although I had tried TONS of other diapers)

I will NEVER. EVER. EVER buy a Thirsties Product again. Simply on principal. Erin will never have my business and every time someone asks me what diapers I use or recommend (and this happens CONSTANTLY) I tell them that I will never buy a Thirsties product again, and then I tell them why. I can not stand by a product that will screw a customer over so blatantly and royally.

The reseller who sold me the diapers lost or dropped her Thirsties wholesale line completely over that disaster. Bless her heart.

I do use Thirsties covers still, because I have them already in every size and they work. But I now purchase booroi covers if I need a new one. I will not buy a Thirsties product again. Perhaps used. But never new, strictly on principle. And I mention it every chance I get.

okay, off my soapbox!