Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

ya when i asked about my thirsties disintegrating i was told the warranty is only 6 months. which is roughly how long they lasted with only occasional use.

i'm tempted to buy the thirsties duos but a part of me is still mad

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #22
dazed81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wonder if she is becoming less and less confident in her products, because now the website says 90 days. LOL.

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/policies.htm
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
msaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most of the diapers I've tried are okay but I'm an aplix/velcro gal (and yes, you guessed it, I love the BG 3.0's). Side snapping diapers are not my favourite since it's too much guess work to figure out which button to snap on and by the time I've figure it out, my baby has wriggled out of his diaper
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #24
jma9075
Registered Users
seller

We use Dream Eze and Goodmama's with Bummis and Wonder Wrap covers. I had GMD PF's but DS peed through them so fast I was changing him all the time. I never used the pre-fitteds I had bought because of this.

I had Kissaluv fitteds when he was NB but I found they really retained the BF poop stains. I managed to get the them out with Hydrox 2 but it was a lot of work. I ended up selling my Kissaluv contours without using them because of this.

I really had lots of different CD's but I tried a Goodmama and never went back. DH prefers the Dream Eze so I kept all of those. We'll have to see what works for DS#2!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #25
Janet
Registered Users

Jody! I was the one you sold the Kissaluvs to! Too funny. I am now so CD addicted that I am making pretty much everything except diapers; those will be coming in a few months though also. I am making wool interlock covers and longies, among other things.

Nice to connect again
Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #26
Janet
Registered Users

I love my goodmamas. The kissaluvs worked for quite a while, but he has outgrown them now, and cotton does not hold enough so I am looking for more bamboo. I am totally addicted to wool, so only fitteds for me. I have never used an AIO or pocket diaper.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #27
MSWmom
Registered Users

I didn't like anything with microfiber b/c of washing issues. I also have not liked hemp diapers. I have never been able to get them to be soft, they turn out rough in my wash. But the ones I liked the least were imse vimse b/c you can't use snappis. However, there do not seem to be quality issues per se, just I learned that that was my least favorite fitted of the many I tried.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #28
mischa.simpson
Registered Users

I love side snaps myself.
My worst ones were the kushies fitted that were given to me- weak velcro
mischa.simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #29
ATallGiraffe
Registered Users
Formerly: janny17
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed81 View Post
Well, my worst ever diapering experience was also my best ever "initial" diapering experience. When I started using Thirsties AIO's for daycare when DD was like 3 months old and i went back to work (so about two years ago) I thought I had found NIRVANA. I loved those things. Everything about them. I was so meticulous with them. Then, we started having CONSTANT leaking around the leg gussets. They were just a few months old and suddenly they were all leaking. the person who sold me the diapers was a WONDERFUL Business owner and went to bat for me with Erin at Thirsties, because Erin told me the issue was my own, and that it due to improper care. I knew it was NOT and so I started connecting with other moms online and found that a LOT of people had this issue. At the time, I had a dozen mediums AIO's and a dozen small AIO's that I had purchased new at $17.50 a diaper, all of which were still under warranty AND all leaking. That's $414.00 of diapers, in case you are wondering. And Erin at Thirsties WOULD NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY and refused to replace them or even give me a percentage off the purchase of V2 diapers. I was so furious. I sold all of those diapers on FSOT, although once the V2 came out to fix the leaking issues, and blatantly removed the fabric from the insides of the leg gussets, the resale at DS on V1 went down $11 per diaper. I lost a lot of money.

Prior to that experience I used all Thirsties prefolds, and also All thirsties covers, and all Thirsties AIO's. the only other diapers I had were BGOS that I was using at that time (although I had tried TONS of other diapers)

I will NEVER. EVER. EVER buy a Thirsties Product again. Simply on principal. Erin will never have my business and every time someone asks me what diapers I use or recommend (and this happens CONSTANTLY) I tell them that I will never buy a Thirsties product again, and then I tell them why. I can not stand by a product that will screw a customer over so blatantly and royally.

The reseller who sold me the diapers lost or dropped her Thirsties wholesale line completely over that disaster. Bless her heart.

I do use Thirsties covers still, because I have them already in every size and they work. But I now purchase booroi covers if I need a new one. I will not buy a Thirsties product again. Perhaps used. But never new, strictly on principle. And I mention it every chance I get.

okay, off my soapbox!

I had a similar experience with Happy Heinys. I had used them for a couple WEEKS & had bought exactly the detergent they recommended: Country Save & every time DS peed he was wet.

I was so fed up with the diapers & the customer service was awful. I was very disappointed. I won't be selling their products or recommending them to anyone.

I LOVE my AMP diapers & my BG. I do prefer snaps to velcro, though, so the AMP would be my fav. Customer service is excellent & Annie is amazing to deal with. She is very knowledgeable.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #30
whiskey
Registered Users

I found funkydiapers had cute(ish) patterns, though I do have issues with putting skulls on my baby, they only had one snap to each side, so the tail of whatever was left over would get mucked in poop or soaked in pee, and they leak like CRAZY. They advertise that they use PUL and I can see that the fabric has PUL characteristics, but they are SUPER leaky, and a terrible fit. We went to baby kangas and have never looked back.
whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote