Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #31
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
I found funkydiapers had cute(ish) patterns, though I do have issues with putting skulls on my baby, they only had one snap to each side, so the tail of whatever was left over would get mucked in poop or soaked in pee, and they leak like CRAZY. They advertise that they use PUL and I can see that the fabric has PUL characteristics, but they are SUPER leaky, and a terrible fit. We went to baby kangas and have never looked back.
I have also heard that about funky diapers. I had a mama bring hers to me and I added a snap to each wing. This really helped the wing droop and now she is happy with them again. I wonder if the leaking is due to the poor fit? When I first started converting our stash of BGs, we had the same setup as funky diapers. After I added the exta snap the end result was way better. IMO, the one snap = crap rule is great for ANY diaper. It causes wing droop and leaking!

Advertisement

Last edited by Winter; 01-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #32
brendanandhadleysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely hated pocket diapers, but of the two I tried I liked fuzzi bunz the best. My BG 3.0 leaked all the time, I always had stink issues and my DD is sensitive to every detergent out there. I guess maybe the stink was my fault but my fuzzi bunz didn't seem to stink like the BG 3.0 inserts. I didn't like the fit of the BG 3.0 and long before my DD was 2 years old (less than 25 lbs and very thin, wearing 18 month size clothes) she had outgrown the rise in the BG. I switched to prefolds because I learned more about synthetics and decided I only wanted natural fibers against my babies. So I bought cotton babies prefolds. The premium size was ok but again before age two my DD outgrew those (too long and not wide enough) so I switched to GMD prefolds and I am in love. I had no idea you could love diapering but I do, paired with thirsties covers and Disana wool at night, we have found the perfect diapering system. Oh and sposoeasy wing droop is easily solved, just tuck the wings into the laundry tab opening.
brendanandhadleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #33
b'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had constant wicking with Happy Heiny's and leaking from the tabs on BG 2.0's. I used Fuzzibunz and GAD's on DS1. Now, for DS2, I did prefolds and Thirsties covers (which I love) till 6mos. Now I'm loving the Flip.
b'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #34
copperdo1022
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I HATED my happy Heiny's! They leaked ALL the time! I switched to prefolds with wonder wraps covers , and then added some bella bottom bamboo fitteds to the mix as well and I LOVE my dipes! They NEVER ever leak, and no stink issues

copperdo1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #35
shopping4babyjen
Registered Users

I have to say that I bought about 100 cloth diapers! I got a bunch of different brands. I am hooked on Bum Genius!

Last edited by altuttle; 01-18-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: removed spam
shopping4babyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #36
amelia222
Registered Users

I've had no luck with pocket diapers of any kind. Now the only way I use them is as a cover over a prefold.

The absolute worst I've used are Thirsties AIO's. They leaked from the first time I used them, and the pocket is too small to stuff anything into.

I really want to love the AMP fitteds, but I have to cross over the tabs and the rise is just barely hgh enough. Hopefully they will fit for a bit longer since I got them just over a month ago.

Side snaps never really worked for us either, because Alice is a side-sleeper and they tend to leak out the snaps if she wears them at nap time.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #37
wannabaGmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

im a g mum and i love them .. thi is my first baby not using disposables .. i have a tall skinnt baby who fits great in the g's ... im really anti motherease .. too many pieces's .. i love my g's they are soo easy and quick and with 3 babies i love them,
wannabaGmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #38
danou
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had quite a few...
I have a love hate relationship with BG OS. We starting cd-ing when ds was 18mo- a small boy and they fit great and rarely leaked. Then 1.5 years later, the elastic shot, the velcro is curled and the laundry tabs don't stick. I think that's crap craftsmaship. I am in the process of converting to snaps but mad and won't likely buy BG anything again- certainly nothing with applix.
Microfibre sucks constant stink issues.
I alos had some Whammies OS (hooks) and didn't love the hooks. They were softer than BG but were prone to leaks.
Son number two arrived in Oct and in general, I'm disappointed with OS for infants- I won't ever waste the money on OS- but use fitteds or sized pockets/aio.

I like haute pockets.
Kawaii baby OS are huge - minky are fine but the PUL OS and their OS covers I am not happy with.
I found a ME sandy's bamboo in a stash of hand-me-downs... I LOVE the way it fits, love the fabric and absorbancy. It's trim and fits my chunker well.

I am not a fan of Kushies- bulky, leaky.
danou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #39
Bumby
Registered Users
Formerly: steph_sohier
seller

My Mood:

I never really liked BG or BK. I tried a bunch of stuff then started my own. Every kid is a bit different. I always tell mamas to try 1 or 2, if it works get more.
Bumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #40
tjoy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd have to say my HH OS. I'm sure they'd be great for some, but my little guy is long and lean so his legs are too skinny. I'd be interested in trying the new mini though
tjoy is offline   Reply With Quote