Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #41
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

BG was my worst buy ever. They didn't leak, but the microfiber was awful, the elastic was shot within months, as was the velcro. Not impressed. I really don't know why so many people still love them!

Advertisement

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #42
BOUNCINGBABIES
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
BG was my worst buy ever. They didn't leak, but the microfiber was awful, the elastic was shot within months, as was the velcro. Not impressed. I really don't know why so many people still love them!
I tend to agree and that is why I dont carry them.

Last edited by BNC; 02-19-2010 at 03:21 PM.
BOUNCINGBABIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #43
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

I also hate BG. Not worth the crazy amount they charge for them! there are SOO many better diapers out there.
ma-meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #44
Winter
Registered Users
seller

In the defense of BGs, the suedecloth lining can vary in quality from diaper to diaper. I have noticed that in diapers from FSOT.

Last edited by Winter; 03-10-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #45
dbelle
Registered Users
seller

My worst were definitely the Funky Diaper Company. I wanted to love a local business - but 3 out of the 6 I bought were defective (broken snap, cover that was not waterproof, elastic gone on leg), and the customer service was crap. They said I had to pay shipping to replace them - even though they sent defective ones (they came that way, not after use). They also wing due to the snap problem mentioned before. Too bad - they are cute and local - but seriously crap.

I have WAY too many CDs. But I really do love them. I love my MotherEase (so easy), I love my Sammys Cotton Sherpa (stretchy, great fit and not expensive), and I LOVE my woolybottoms covers. I also have some pockets, but the BG organic cotton one I bought is really not worth the $$ (IMO). Not my go-to diaper. I even prefer the Kissaluv AIO (although it is fairly plastic-y). I love most of my diapers, depending on my mood. I bought some Kauai baby diapers from Ebay (BC company). Good solid pocket diaper. Fit better than others I've had.
dbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #46
cglsmom
Registered Users

I started with 6 small fuzzi bunz & 10 borrowed diaper covers for my newborn (3 wks old) and quickly became addicted to the FBs!! I have a cloth diaper service that delivers clean pre-folds (gift from baby shower) and so I just stuff them into the pocket & it works great. They are a little bulky on his 9lb frame but with all the snaps -there is a lot of room to grow! I have spent hours researching between g diapers & fuzzi bunz and it sounds like it just depends on the build of the baby. I was glad I purchased only a few in the beginnign & tried different kinds to see. I still haven't tried g diapers yet - am thinking about trying out their starter kit to see b/c I do like the disposable/compostable liners as an option when traveling.
cglsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #47
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

To be honest, anything with synthetic fibers which in our stash is mainly pocket dipes. Love them when they work BUT I find that we've had to strip them many times to keep them optimal and in the end it just isn't worth continually tweaking my laundry routine. Cotton / bamboo / hemp has been much easier to care for.
mamaBex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #48
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have tried almost every diaper in my Price range out there at least once and have never had any issues but I do CD Part time so I can't compare but its nice to know whats NOT been a Hit with the mamas who do it full time so I know what Not to buy
Old 03-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
Winter
Registered Users
seller

I have to say that now that DS is older and has had a rash that we couldn't get rid of for about 3 weeks, we have tried gDiapers again, and they're working out! AND his rash is almost healed after 3 days of use! I think we'll keep these on hand in case of future tough rashes that we can't kick with cloth.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #50
Pyantz
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me, as another mama mentioned, anything with a synthetic fiber has been a huge pain since they need to be stripped so often. If I don't strip them, they stink to high heaven... I've had pretty good experience with hemp, but the bamboo I've tried has ended up being soft to begin with, then as heavy and uncomfortable as a wet face cloth.

Rash has been an issue with us as well - after months of trying to CD with DD3, I couldn't figure out a way to make her bottom happy again. Had to go to disposables to clear it up .
Pyantz is offline   Reply With Quote