Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Friday daffodil chat

morning ladies

Advertisement

bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Friday daffodil chat

Morning!

I bought all my birth supplies online last night except for the birth pool.
I keep meaning to update on our MW situation, So I'm going to go do that before I forget again!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning/almost afternoon LOL!

DD slept in today and it felt WONDERFUL! I keep having Wicked crazy dreams so I'm not sleeping well... Today is my Highschool Homecoming (I can't believe I have been out of school for only 2 years almost 3) so I am going to take Mia to the Parade! Even though it is COLD we will bundle up cause she likes parades!
Hope everyone has a good day!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey good morning everyone! I haven't been on much b/c I've been busy, oct. is a busy month b/c both my girls' birthdays (and mine which I don't really count LOL) are this month, and I've been knitting, and cleaning, and ugh don't know what else....
It seems like quite a few people I know are coming down with colds/etc. DH was a little stuffy on wed he didn't feel so hot, so I went to the health food store and got him some Gaia herbs Quick Defense which has echinacea root and you take it at the onset of symptoms, it really knocks the illness right out of you, so worth it!
Anyway my girls are eating yogurt in the kitchen and I know I'm about to walk in on a huge mess! Whatever...
hope everyone has a great day
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I took off work today to originally rest but it looks like I will be cleaning the disaster we call a house. Right now I have two stockpots boiling with more prefolds. My mil has taken it upon herself to finish off our registry at Nurtured Family which is great because all we have right now is our newborn stash completed. I had purchased 6 BG AIO to get me started past the newborn and was shocked to find 6 one size dipes on our doorstep the other day. I shouldn't be too surprised as this is exactly what she did with our wedding registry. My mil is one of those women who doesn't have a nurturing bone in her body and shows her love by "providing". I am very grateful but most of the time I think I would rather a kind word than all the stuff she buys us.
new2allthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

new2allthis- well I guess that's her way of showing she cares...it's great that she's getting all the nice things for you on your registry...she could've ordered you a big box of pampers lol
My mom is getting us a gift certificate for the motherease site, after I sent her and my mil an e-mail saying what we really need for the baby is more "medium size" dipes b/c our are pretty worn out. My mom was the only one who responded. When my mil asked a few months ago what we needed for the baby, I said a gift cert. and I don't need any clothes esp. with all the knitting, and she responded with "oh, b/c Carter's outlet is having a sale, etc" I was thinking, well you asked me what I needed, I told you, and you're basically asking me b/c you want to blow your $$ on crap I don't need! So I'm saying I'd be really grateful for a mil that bought what we really need! Of course kind words are important too

Last edited by sharon_k; 10-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.
sharon_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do appreciate that she is buying all the stuff we actually need, but this is the same woman who responded "How is this going to affect us going to Spain?" when we announced our pregnancy. No congrats, no excitement, nothing. And she hasn't mentioned the pregnancy since we said we were going with a MW and not an OB. I recognize she shows her love by spending but I would rather her save her money as she has no retirement and she is 66. She can't continue working 12hr days forever.
new2allthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls! I have some Peach Cobbler in the oven I am so addicted to it this pregnancy. I have 12 apples I need to figure out what to do with before they spoil. They are Honey Crisp which are my favorite!
DH and I are going to dinner and a movie tonight. Yay!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jena, send some of that my way!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

new2allthis---my father is the same way. He has decided that they (he and his long time GF) will be purchasing whatever we don't get at the shower. I've decided to ask them for the OS diapers we need. He has never been a nurturer, tho he is a million times more attentive with DS than I ever expected him to be
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote